PDA

View Full Version : cluster 10 significance (spoilers)

heypeter17
03-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Does anyone find significance or meaning in the last chest puzzle? I remember reading from another site a few months ago about someone's thoughts on the puzzle.
"64 Squares. All Ranks and Files. Every Response Engineered. Abstergo created it, its the companys game, no way out."
Then there is a spanish wording which translates to free your mind, and then "your move"
Im guessing that Suject 16 is trying to tell Desmond that Abstergo planned all along how their takeover would come about, including to Desmond's time. To "free his mind"? If the white pieces are assumed to be the Assassins? Does this say that Desmond has to go off the board, completely on his own because the Assassins can no longer be trusted? After all, the symbols show up as red as the end of BH.
Thoughts?
(sorry for the essay, lol)

samward
03-25-2011, 10:55 AM
very interesting. I had not thought of that. But as we all know the AC team do not put ANYTHING in the games that do not have some importance to the storyline. I don't know if you have read the emails in the Abstergo portal, if not here is a link to the thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/4361099409 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4361099409)

Also don't know if you have read the emails sent to Desmond during the DaVinci Disappearance, you can read them online of you haven't. (I would check Assassins wiki) But both of these sources would suggest that are some major breaches in security and that there is a much bigger game at hand. Will be interesting to see how it plays out and see if Desmond goes rogue.

rileypoole1234
03-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Could you maybe tell us the Spanish word? I don;t really get what you mean by when you said it translates to free your mind and than your move. Do you mean it translates to both?

El_Sjietah
03-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
Could you maybe tell us the Spanish word? I don;t really get what you mean by when you said it translates to free your mind and than your move. Do you mean it translates to both?

He's referring to "Abran los ojos. Tuam libera mentem."

First part is Spanish for "open your eyes"
The second part is Latin for "free your mind"

That sentence is then followed by "your move".

crash3
03-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by heypeter17:
Does anyone find significance or meaning in the last chest puzzle? I remember reading from another site a few months ago about someone's thoughts on the puzzle.
"64 Squares. All Ranks and Files. Every Response Engineered. Abstergo created it, its the companys game, no way out."
Then there is a spanish wording which translates to free your mind, and then "your move"
Im guessing that Suject 16 is trying to tell Desmond that Abstergo planned all along how their takeover would come about, including to Desmond's time. To "free his mind"? If the white pieces are assumed to be the Assassins? Does this say that Desmond has to go off the board, completely on his own because the Assassins can no longer be trusted? After all, the symbols show up as red as the end of BH.
Thoughts?
(sorry for the essay, lol)

interesting but dont get ahead of yourself weve barely met the modern day assassins first we need them to be our allies and we need to see how the organisation works in field in modern day the story would be a bit rubbish if desmond was left on his own straight away! (dont worry wasnt criticising just commenting haha!)

heypeter17
03-29-2011, 09:26 AM
@samward-Yes I have read the emails from Absertgo and William M and something shady seems to be going down. Amazing video btw.

@rileypoole1234 Yeah my bad, I should have been more clear but El_Sjietah summed it up perfectly.

@crash3 No worries man, but your right, we really need to see the modern day assassins in action.

CrazyShrapnel
03-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Incoming essay...

To me it looked like it was showing how the playing field belonged to the Templars (The board had an Abstergo logo on every square) and that every move the population could make against them had already been planned for.

"Abstergo created it, it's the company's game, no way out." The whole fight for freedom was Abstergo's carefully planned game and everyone who resisted them was unwittingly playing along.

Look at it literally. Look at the chess game. The entire board belongs to Abstergo. Every move that was made and will be made on that board has been planned and predicted. The game cannot be won. The game was lost from the start. So screw the game! *Moves chess piece off the board* Instead of playing into Abstergo's hands the Assassins have had to think outside the box... or board. (The chesspiece you move turns into an Assassin symbol once you move it off the board by the way)

Finished my essay.

TwentyGlyphs
03-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Great analysis about Abstergo not only owning the game but creating it. I went back to Cluster 10 and listened to the voice recording left by the former Templar Grand Master, presumably "S." The premise of the tape is that he has died and is leaving this message for his successor. He says 2 interesting things:

The people of this world are confused, lost, frightened and incapable of independent productivity. Without us, they'd just be animals, slaves to the Others, who did not deserve such responsibility. We saved them, remember that.

By now you have been shown what only the Grand Masters of our Order have seen. Now you know why Abstergo, why all of it had to be. And now you know what you must do.

I transcribed these quotes from the subtitles, so the capitalization matches the official versions. It's interesting that he talks about humanity being slaves to the "Others," and capitalizes that. I think he's referring to Those Who Came Before. Even more interesting, he says "we saved them."

All of this reminded me of some interesting quotes from The Truth in AC2. In the Synapses puzzle explaining why the Pieces of Eden work so well, Subject 16 says "In the beginning. Genesis. Genesis. The Organization wanted the pieces. They'd tasted their power." He must be referring to the Templars.

Then in one of the most intriguing puzzles from AC2, Brothers, he says "They were mostly heroes. But see, how the lineage is disrupted. The web of history traps the good, and the evil take what is not theirs!" He goes on to quote Mormon texts about Cain being the keeper of a great secret, shows Cain killing Abel for an Apple of Eden, and shows the Templar cross being the Mark of Cain.

I think what all of this adds up to is that the Templars were responsible for stealing the Apple of Eden and ruining the gods' plans for humanity and the world in Eden. When 16 says they were mostly heroes, I think he means that Adam and Eve were the heroes of the fall of man story, but history and the Templars ended up painting them as the sinners. The Templars had tasted the power of the Pieces and wanted them for themselves, not Adam and Eve.

To top it off, Cain killed Abel for his Apple (likely the one that Eve has at the end of the Truth video), and knows the big secret of what's really going on. He swore to Satan not to reveal this secret, and only the Templar Grand Masters have known it throughout history.

In the Templars' minds, they saved humanity from the gods, or Others. And they created the entire game because they set the fall of man in motion and got Adam and Eve expelled from Eden. One of the encrypted messages in Cluster 10 also says "Abstergo owns it all but not you." Desmond is the one wildcard in all of this and must take his piece off of the chess board. Very interesting.

UrDeviant1
03-30-2011, 11:47 PM
Could Lucy have been a modern day assassin? you say the chest peices turned up red, well so did her foot steps outside the villa if u remember. maybe the assassins did turn, maybe thats why the god juno got desmond to stab her at the end of ACB. all interesting stuff eh