PDA

View Full Version : Possible Coop AI Bug

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 08:10 AM
There have been a couple of recent incidents where the enemy AI aircraft in a coop do not show up for the joiner. There is nothing wrong with the mission set up, and the host sees and interacts with them just fine. But for whoever is not the host, it is as though the aircraft were never designed to be in the mission. They cannot see them, and using the external ctrl 2 view does nothing. The mission has been transfered to another person and hosted by them. The same thing happened, to the host it's fine, but to the joiner, they do not exist. Has anyone else had this happen to them? What could be the problem?

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 08:10 AM
There have been a couple of recent incidents where the enemy AI aircraft in a coop do not show up for the joiner. There is nothing wrong with the mission set up, and the host sees and interacts with them just fine. But for whoever is not the host, it is as though the aircraft were never designed to be in the mission. They cannot see them, and using the external ctrl 2 view does nothing. The mission has been transfered to another person and hosted by them. The same thing happened, to the host it's fine, but to the joiner, they do not exist. Has anyone else had this happen to them? What could be the problem?

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 08:46 AM
This is an old bug in the full mission builder, which was in IL-2 already. The spawn time for AI has to be set the same as the spawn time for the players aircraft, otherwise only the host can see the AI in the missions.

++ 88.IAP_Manuc ++

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Hmmmm, well I checked the two mission in which this apparently occured in. The first one was the one in which i was the joiner first. And yes, my squad mate that made it has the starting time off by 3 min. So that makes perfect sense. However the one that I made, which he said didn't have enemy planes, does not have any difference in the starting time. I'll have to have him host it and see if it happens to me to be sure that there is something wrong. Thanks for the info on the timing bug Manuc.

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 04:53 PM
This timing issue has been fixed in the patch.

Any entities with a delay "spawn" time will show up for all clients.