PDA

View Full Version : Roll trim not working, ideas?

whiteladder
02-21-2005, 04:18 AM
For some reason over the past couple of days any aircraft I fly have developed a slow roll to the left, which I have been unable to trim out. In fact the roll trim doesn`t seem to work at all, if I try to increase the trim in the direction of the roll the rate doesn`t seem to change.

I have tried remapping the trim keys but still no luck.

Any ideas?

mark

Cajun76
02-21-2005, 04:25 AM
I forget which one, but there's a stick out there that has problems with this sort of thing. Better place to ask is the Community Help forum. Wizards. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Tallyho1961
02-21-2005, 06:32 AM
Sounds like a joystick calibration issue. I've heard of joysticks starting to 'drift' like this. Try re-calibrating your stick; if that doesn't work check out Tully's joystick guide at Airwarfare.com for more detailed advice. Also bear in mind that many a/c do not have aileron trim.

SlickStick
02-21-2005, 07:32 AM
Are you sure you are in a plane that has aileron trim?

Test your setup in a P-51D, just to be sure. Spawn on the ground and look at your plane in externals and watch the ailerons as you trim.

There are many planes that used to have aileron trim, that do not in PF's present form. Some changed back in FB.

Gaucho_13
02-21-2005, 08:08 AM
Are you using a logitech stick? I have heard that they can go out on you pretty quick.

whiteladder
02-21-2005, 08:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Are you sure you are in a plane that has aileron trim? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep, been flying the zero and ki61 and was able trim out the roll up until thursday. I have tried using quite a big dead zone to see if in was a dogdy pot on the stick. Still no luck though

SlickStick
02-21-2005, 09:24 AM
Do the default keys on the KB work for aileron trimming, CTRL LEFT ARROW or CTRL RIGHT ARROW?

One thing I've noticed with my X-45. I only use default install, no scripts or anything and in FB/AEP, the one rotary would not work in-game to control anything.

When PF came out, the rotary now works and I assigned it in HOTAS section to aileron trim. Not sure if this will help, but I thought I'd mention the observation.

What stick do you have and what are you using to program it? Just the game's Controls section or a script using the stick software?

Tallyho1961
02-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Re: Gaucho_13's post above, if your stick is a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro it can very well go wonky on you - even when brand new. I went through two of them last autumn and In the end I switched to an X45 and never looked back.

mortoma
02-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Not all planes in the sim ( as in RL ) have aileron trim. Less than half do, as a matter of fact. Are you sure your joystick's trim wheel is no cocked over to one side and you haven't noticed???? It happens to me all the time. And I also use my joysticks trim wheels when the aircraft don't have trim otherwise. It's kind of cheating I suppose but using my elevator trim wheel sure makes the I-16 easier to fly!!!

p1ngu666
02-21-2005, 01:08 PM
all planes roll for me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
think its the way theyve put in torque, so its "faked" and the rollin is what is wrong...

irl, spits could fly level at most speeds, using just rudder trim... alirons where bent abit at the factory i think, but rudder trim should be enuff...