PDA

View Full Version : PF Demo?

Darkbluesky
02-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Hello,

I wonder if exists a PF demo. I need to link to it (if exists) so some company beta tester that I know can test with it.

Does it exists? Where?

Zeus-cat
02-14-2006, 03:01 PM
I believe only the original IL-2 had a demo

slo_one23
02-14-2006, 05:29 PM
i played a forgotten battles demo and il-2

Wilburnator
02-14-2006, 06:31 PM
There was an early IL-2 demo, and a revised one came later, I believe. I'm pretty sure there was never a demo for FB.

FritzGryphon
02-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Perhaps upon seeing the extent of piracy, MG decided an official demo was not necessary.

slo_one23
02-14-2006, 07:04 PM
well i thought it was forgotten battles im not sure though but i do know i downloaded both and they only lasted a day and i only got to use for like an hour http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Skycat_2
02-14-2006, 07:24 PM
I remember a small video clip from a flight sim convention in England (Birmingham?) right before Forgotten Battles was released. Ian Boys was describing the features of FB for the small audience while Oleg Maddox stood nearby. After the discussion somebody asked if there would be a demo for Forgotten Battles. Oleg replied, sort of chuckling, that IL-2 Sturmovik is the demo for Forgotten Battles.

That's anecdotal, but to be honest I think that became 1C:MG's policy regarding the series. I've never seen an updated demo released since the IL-2 Sturmovik days and the rationale makes perfect sense to me: IL-2 Sturmovik is a complete program, albeit of lesser graphic quality than FB/AEP/PF, and allows you unlimited gameplay for only a few dollars. UbiSoft remarketed it as a jewel-case budget release and as part of an inexpensive three-pack, plus companies like CH Flightsticks were giving it away with every purchase.

Troll2k
02-14-2006, 09:11 PM
There was an IL2 Sturmovik demo that came out before the game.Then there was a revised version of the demo that came after IL2 Sturmovik was released.There was no demo for Forgotten Battles,AEP or PF.

Darkbluesky
02-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Ok, thnks anyway

slo_one23
02-16-2006, 04:29 PM
i think you should just uy and get forgotten battles gold pack if you find it to you wont regret and well i know because i regret not buyin forgotten battles gold the one time i saw it