PDA

View Full Version : CH Combatstick not steady

The-Good-Guy
11-17-2004, 08:20 AM
Hi,

I have a Combatstick 568 and the buttons are set up nicely, but I can't the stability right. E.g. when I pull up a little, it it jumps up way too much. I've mucked around with the deadzone and 'S' thingy, but it hasn't helped much.

If yours is nice and stable could I try your controller map?

Cheers,

Nutcase

steve_v
11-17-2004, 02:04 PM
bump

|CoB|_Spectre
11-17-2004, 02:32 PM
I've been running the gameport version of CH Products HOTAS for almost nine years now. I, too, began seeing instability in the X and Y axis of my joystick. The solution was replacing the pots, which is easily done without any soldering. CH offers replacement parts from switches, pots, gimbles and springs on their website. In fact, I used the joystick's built-in throttle pot to replace one of them (wasn't using it since I've got their Pro Throttle) and ordered a replacement from CH for the other. For some great information, I suggest you visit Revvin's excellent www.ch-hangar.com/forum (http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum)

diomedes33
11-17-2004, 03:17 PM
I have the CH Fighterstick. For my setup I put IL2 joystick configuration at 100s all the way across and set the gain to 3 on both axes in the ch configuration. Gain3 is three clicks down from the 45 degree line, so it should be flat at the orgin and steep at the ends.

I fly 190s mostly which can be really twitchy especially on the roll axis.