PDA

View Full Version : Online Play Woes

SmokeUmDown
05-15-2007, 06:40 PM
All,

First off, let me start by saying I was so stoked when I first caught wind of Haze last year. From what I heard, I was in for a real treat and was possibly going to be looking at the next game to hit the PS3 that could potentially topple Halo 2 & 3! Lofty ideas, heh? Some would think so, or some would commence the flame wars by simply saying that this title is not a halo-killer,and or was never intended to be such. I would have to disagree...this title reminds me of a cross between Planetside and Halo. However, with limited information it's hard to come to that conclusion this early in the game (no pun intended).

Ok, no sweat! So the other day I was at the local grocery store and I found myself drooling over the latest copy of PSM magazine only to be sadly dissapointed once I start to dig into the detailed content about Haze.

The game sounds and looks absolutely fabulous; however, there's one slight snag that is most definitly going to hinder me and the majority of my friends from purchasing this title...and that's the 4 man co-op multiplayer option. As much as I hate to be part of the cliche' and start to dub this title as the next possible "halo-killer", I can't seem to shake the notion that with such a limited player maximum in regards to multiplay mode, that this will just be another game in a laundry list of titles soon to hit the PS3.

So, I'll keep it short and try not to get on a soapbox and completely drive everyone insane...

Will the developers of Haze possibly reconsider their choice of such a limited playerbase for multiplayer mode and expand on the on-line play feature to support players up to 25+ players?

I myself would love to own this title and be able to roam any given map with a pool of 25+ players for my killing pleasure! Is this reality or just a pipedream?

Best regards,

~ SmokeUmDown

SmokeUmDown
05-15-2007, 06:40 PM
All,

First off, let me start by saying I was so stoked when I first caught wind of Haze last year. From what I heard, I was in for a real treat and was possibly going to be looking at the next game to hit the PS3 that could potentially topple Halo 2 & 3! Lofty ideas, heh? Some would think so, or some would commence the flame wars by simply saying that this title is not a halo-killer,and or was never intended to be such. I would have to disagree...this title reminds me of a cross between Planetside and Halo. However, with limited information it's hard to come to that conclusion this early in the game (no pun intended).

Ok, no sweat! So the other day I was at the local grocery store and I found myself drooling over the latest copy of PSM magazine only to be sadly dissapointed once I start to dig into the detailed content about Haze.

The game sounds and looks absolutely fabulous; however, there's one slight snag that is most definitly going to hinder me and the majority of my friends from purchasing this title...and that's the 4 man co-op multiplayer option. As much as I hate to be part of the cliche' and start to dub this title as the next possible "halo-killer", I can't seem to shake the notion that with such a limited player maximum in regards to multiplay mode, that this will just be another game in a laundry list of titles soon to hit the PS3.

So, I'll keep it short and try not to get on a soapbox and completely drive everyone insane...

Will the developers of Haze possibly reconsider their choice of such a limited playerbase for multiplayer mode and expand on the on-line play feature to support players up to 25+ players?

I myself would love to own this title and be able to roam any given map with a pool of 25+ players for my killing pleasure! Is this reality or just a pipedream?

Best regards,

~ SmokeUmDown

TW_gillz
05-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Ok, I got this PSM aswell but I think this 4 player coop means that either, A) 4 people playing under the same name (guests) or B) A 4 person online story mode.
Most of Ubi's games have about 16 people online so that is what im expecting. I'm really excited about this title.

TW_gillz

LiquidEagle
05-15-2007, 08:09 PM
TW, this isn't a Ubi Soft game, just fyi :P

Nanalo
05-15-2007, 08:18 PM
yea, the 4-player co-op means that there can be 4 players playing through the same co-op missions (storyline) together, which is great since most FPS's with co-op are with 2 players playing through the missions (i'm sure you understand by now).

hah, so don't even worry about that, these are the people responsible for Time Splitters. you should be ashamed of yourself to think what you initially thought. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Hochler
05-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Yea, I'd safely assume that by "co-op" they meant cooperation in the story mode, like the story co-op in Gears.

Like what Nanalo said, these are the dudes behind TS, they live for multiplayer, I'd be very surprised if it had anything less than 16-player multiplayer support.

deded999
05-16-2007, 08:53 AM
... or quite possibly 32 player, but we can safely let Neko answer, (or not!), this one. I'm damn sure there's more than 4 player online on it anyway - TSFP allowed 8 on the PS2 and 16 on Xbox, so it can't be any lower than that, and FRD are well known for their multiplayer.

frd_neko
05-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Er, that's some fairly radical interpretation of the text going on there. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

The four player coop means that four players will be able to play through the campaign mode in the game. It doesn't imply anything about the number of players who will be able to take part in the multiplayer part of the game. We haven't announced the exact number of players that will support, but I can guarantee it'll be substantially more than four!

Neko.

SmokeUmDown
05-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Fantastic!

And yes I am ashamed of myself, but in my defense I hav'nt bought a console system, nor console games since UO was released (due to that simple fact, I am as n00bie to console games and terminology as some will come). From that point on I have beta tested and played every MMO that was scheduled to come out (which never made it alla 'Vaporware') as well as all heavy hitters and most hyped MMO's of their time (I'll save everyone the bordom of listing them all). Only till a few months ago did I think a console system was worth buying...and that was the PS3.

Additionally, at work the bulk of my co-workers are world class 'tourney' Halo players, which owned X-box's and now the X-Box 360. The other night I had thr pleasure of sampling Halo III beta at one said co-workers home and I was completely blown away! Being that I spent almost 1k US dollars to get my PS3 up and running, as well as one title I was most definitly not going to buy an X-Box 360 just to play Halo III. However, the thoughts of how I could float another gaming system into my home and under the misses watchful eye did cross my mind many times...

Other then trying to justify why I bought a PS3 to my many co-workers (more ***-end alla processing power and a solid name behind it such as Sony) as well as play "Resistance: Fall of Man" online, I was really hoping to go back to work on Friday and just rub a huge steaming pile of dookie in their faces while pointing out the sweet, sweet nectar found in the latest issue of PSM.

I don't have to tell any current PS3 owners how I feel about the lack of really good games for the system, as well as FPS games...because we almost all share the same depressing woes; however, this game has created a light at the end of a tunnel which I can see and am excitly awaiting with open arms!

Thank you for the clarification and responses. I cannot wait for this tile to drop so I can invite my pathetic co-workers to my house and show them the errors in their ways! Not to mention enjoy countless of hours of excellent gameplay.

I am sure some of you seen this one comining by now, but will their be the possibility of a beta period in which some of the community will be able to play and provide feedback to this already awesome looking title?

frd_neko
05-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Details of any demos for HAZE will be announced at a later date - right now we're focussed on relaunching the game and telling as many people as possible just why it's going to be awesome! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

neko.

TW_gillz
05-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Ok eagle its a Free Radical game in association with Ubisoft.....

Gbucket
05-17-2007, 04:03 AM
Developed by the fantastic guys at Free Radical and published by Ubisoft http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

In support of what Neko was saying, the multiplayer side of Haze is very important to the title and both Ubisoft and Free Radical want to ensure that it's as good as it can be. There are areas of MP which are extremely important to do well and I'm confident that Free Radical will be able to nail them to make certain that the game is extremely popular online.

deded999
05-17-2007, 04:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SmokeUmDown:

I don't have to tell any current PS3 owners how I feel about the lack of really good games for the system, as well as FPS games...because we almost all share the same depressing woes;
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, but the juggernaut is gathering steam - go check out the new info from Spring Gamer's Day to see why you splashed your cash...

Gbucket
05-17-2007, 09:05 AM
www.ubidays.com (http://www.ubidays.com) - keep an eye on this for some great Haze news next week http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sanderDrost
05-17-2007, 10:15 AM
allright next wensday huh. cool thanks for letting us know. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

frd_neko
05-17-2007, 12:33 PM
\o/

Definitely worth keeping an eye out there, t'be'sure. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Neko.