PDA

View Full Version : How Do I "Complete" A Patrol

ctbrosky1974
04-10-2005, 05:09 AM
I know there has been discussion of this topic before but I cannot find the threads. And like SH3, this forum has its own bugs and the 'Find' tab doesn't work.

Could someone tell me why when I return to port after completing my given objective and sinking much tonnage I don't get credit for "Completing" the patrol?? This really sucks because I can't promote any of my experienced crew when they deserve to be.

Do I need to sail all the way back to port and dock the **** sub??

KiwiVenge
04-10-2005, 05:12 AM
I never go back to port myself. I am one of the lazy ones that once I am out of torps, I surface, hit the escape button, hit the 'end mission' I think it is called option, then click the "Return to Base' option.
Never had a problem with it.

ctbrosky1974
04-10-2005, 05:19 AM
That's typically what I do as well and I only just realized that I'm not getting credit for completed patrols.

I just ran out of torps after scoring 76k worth of tonnage and I want to make sure I get credit for it. You know what I'm saying??

Warmonger_sub
04-10-2005, 05:41 AM
It depends on realism settings. In high realism settings you have to sail close to your home port to be able to end the patrol, in lower realism settings you can end it whenever you want (almost).

alanschu
04-10-2005, 06:06 AM
I don't think so.

I'm in the middle of the atlantic right now and I have the option to "Return to Base."

I have 85% realism.

Warmonger_sub
04-10-2005, 06:58 AM
I have 100%. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

quillan
04-10-2005, 07:25 AM
That depends on what you mean when you say "complete" a patrol. Do you mean have the "Patrol XXXX for 24 hours" objective marked completed? If so, then you have to spend at least 24 hours in that grid square. The game sometimes seems a little off on the time calculation, so you might have to be there 25 or 26 hours, but it will get it. It also doesn't have to be 24 consecutive hours; you can leave and come back to continue.

If you mean get the 100 renown, you have to sail back to within 10 km of your home port. When you hit ESC and then the END PATROL, if you are close enough, you'll see (instead of RETURN TO BASE) the option to DOCK AT: YOURBASENAMEHERE. Click that to succeed.