PDA

View Full Version : ACB to ACR: what Im looking forward to

crash3
10-22-2011, 05:46 AM
ACB had many flaws but I think one of the major flaws was the lack of depth in its storyline, ACB didnt feel like Assassins Creed. It felt more like a brainlees good/evil story, for example AC1 and AC2 gave plenty of background info on each target and how they were involved with the templars, whereas in ACB I simply got the feeling of, theres a bad guy, kill him.

Although ACR appears to retain the ridiculously one-sided combat of ACB, I have high hopes that its storyline will be much better, I think it will have the variety of AC2 and the philosophical feel of AC1 and will go into much more detail about the war between templars and assassins

what are your hopes for ACR? what do you think will be improved since ACB?

hrhtom
10-22-2011, 06:52 AM
ACB felt like AC2 dlc rather than a brand new game

i don't think ACR will be that much of a leap forward yeah you have bombs,eagle sense,hookblade and altaļr buts thats it

now AC3 that will be a leap forward

dxsxhxcx
10-22-2011, 06:52 AM
with a new setting, Altair and all the answers they'll provide (even Ezio being old and looking different from the other games brings some kind of fresh air to the game), if ACR end up being a bad game (story wise), then they should stop making AC games... :P

LightRey
10-22-2011, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
with a new setting, Altair and all the answers they'll provide (even Ezio being old and looking different from the other games brings some kind of fresh air to the game), if ACR end up being a bad game (story wise), then they should stop making AC games... :P
Yeah, it'd be kinda hard to ruin a game with all those things. Actually, it'd be quite a remarkable achievement. :P

dxsxhxcx
10-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
Yeah, it'd be kinda hard to ruin a game with all those things. Actually, it'd be quite a remarkable achievement. :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is something that they should had done in ACB, take Ezio to a new place with a new "war" to fight and not continue the one from AC2, IMO the Borgia "situation" was one of main factors that made ACB so boring (story wise), if you look to AC2 and ACB as a whole, it seems that AC2 was the beggining of the game while ACB was the end, it was the "same" game divided in two parts and wait one year (and a half, PC player here.. ¬¬), creating a lot of expectative around the game (I bet most part of the players who were disappointed with ACB were expecting a whole new experience with Ezio, what we'll have in ACR) just to know how the "same" story ends isn't cool...

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 07:23 AM
Normally I'd post why I think ACB is the best AC game in nearly everything, but I'm not even gonna bother anymore..

KabouterPitta
10-22-2011, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Normally I'd post why I think ACB is the best AC game in nearly everything, but I'm not even gonna bother anymore..
*cough*Fanboy*Cough*
True it had various improved gameplay elements, but the story didn't had any depth, and was a great disappointment compared to ACII, like the original poster claims.
That is exactly why I'm hesitating between ACR and UCDD atm.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Thanks for calling me a fanboy man. But AC2 had too many events packed into the game so that each event passed by in a rush, so the story felt rushed to me.

While ACB had less events, so it could spend more time on each one and with the characters, so it felt less rushed and more complete. ACB was about tearing the influence of the Borgia off Rome and building the Assassin's influence up. It was less of a revenge story like AC2 and more of doing what was right. The only thing that was directly revenge was going after Cesare to kill him, but at the same time Cesare was also a power-hungry warlord in Spain.

So, call me a fanboy. But I have sound and logical reasons for liking ACB the most.

hrhtom
10-22-2011, 07:42 AM
there is enough time for both uncharted is out the 1/2 of november

and assassins creed is not out until the 15th

Chronomancy
10-22-2011, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by KabouterPitta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
*cough*Fanboy*Cough*
True it had various improved gameplay elements, but the story didn't had any depth, and was a great disappointment compared to ACII, like the original poster claims.
That is exactly why I'm hesitating between ACR and UCDD atm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well most guys/girls on this forum would be a fanboy/girl.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Chronomancy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KabouterPitta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
*cough*Fanboy*Cough*
That is exactly why I'm hesitating between ACR and UCDD atm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well most guys/girls on this forum would be a fanboy/girl. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, that's kinda the reason we're all on here.

TheHumanTowel
10-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Yeah, the Renaissance storyline in Brotherhood is pretty weak. ****ing nothing happens in Ezio's story. The Desmond and Subject 16 stuff was pretty cool though. I hope ACR delivers on the story front.

r4inm4n1991
10-22-2011, 08:35 AM
I liked Sequance 1 and 9 from ACB.(the rest is kinda filler)
The Desmonds parts were very good also, didnt missed one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
BTW, i got all the lost items from monteriggioni, maybe Desmond will use them later, like the belt and sword.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Here's what I think. They shouldn't have made ACB the way they made it. They should have picked a whole new location, a whole new back story, and frankly not made the guards so easy.

What I'm looking forward to in ACR is getting to know the unknown.

I feel like once they give us some information that all of us have been trying to solve, the game will shift back to its original story, rather than the fighting aspect in ACB.

The other thing I'm looking forward to is Constantinople, (and of course the other cities). The city looks so rich in culture and it's nice to see something else besides churches every where. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Christians in anyway. If this offends you just tell me and I'll remove it.

But overall, I feel ACR will evolve back into it's story more and the cities will have the atmospheric feel as they did in AC1 and partially for AC2.

Chronomancy
10-22-2011, 08:40 AM
I really want to play as a new assassin im getting Ezio fatigue.

hrhtom
10-22-2011, 08:43 AM
perhaps but even the game of finding the lost monteriggioni items was a filler for the frankly sad looking monteriggioni

i would of at least like to know what happened during the lost 500 years at monteriggioni

r4inm4n1991
10-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Im looking forward to a "No armor" skin for ezio.
And his clothes are pretty good in this game.
In ACB he had to much tissue, and im absolutely sure that in reality he couldnt blend with those clothes, he has that "Im the protagonist"/"The Hero"/"The Untochable" style. He should have more stealthy clothes/normal clothes.

Bipolar Matt
10-22-2011, 09:17 AM
You can't tell the story of the Borgia family without discussing Cesare and Rome. Since Assassin's Creed chose to focus on the Borgias as a Templar power, it was kind of a given that they had to take the story to Rome and Cesare, eventually.

The story missons could have been more fleshed out in terms of how Rome was freed from Borgia control. And Cesare as a character could have been given a lot more depth and story. But it was a very necessary chapter in the grand story of AC.

As for what I'm looking forward to in AC:R; everything, pretty much!

MostJadedGamer
10-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by hrhtom:

i don't think ACR will be that much of a leap forward yeah you have bombs,eagle sense,hookblade and altaļr buts thats it

You are completely wrong. ACR is adding or improving a ton of things. Also ACB was a better game then AC2; though that is not saying a lot since we have yet to get a good AC game I expect Revelations will be the first good AC game. Anyway back to why ACR is a major leap.

You have a far deeper, and far more personalized Assassin's Guild(including your assassins having there own side stories), and your assassin's play a far more important role in the game as only a master assassin can permantently keep your dens from changing hands.

For the first time we have a dynamic city where dens can change hands between the Assassins, and Templars, and you can actually lose progress in the game. This is the first time a AC game has had this type of dynamic gameplay, and its something I hope to see a lot more of in the future.

There is suppose to be more challanging enemies(the complete lack of challenge really ruined both AC2, and ACB). Fighting multiple Janisaries at one time is a suppose to be pretty challenging.

The tower defense battles add a new type gameplay where stratgy, and tactics not stealth or action are the main factor in the battles.

The city building element(something I enjoy) is far, far, far lengthier then before because not only do you have to restore the entire city of Constantinople like Rome, but you will have to do it several times over as the different levels of restoration from the Villa of AC2 are being brought back. So it will probably take a very, very, very long time to restore Constantinople to 100% which will add a great deal of length to the game.

I am very sceptical about AC3. If it is mostly set in a modern era then it will be the first AC game I will NOT buy.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Uhh, I'm pretty sure a lot of people hated rebuilding the city, including me.

The reason I hated it was because every time you renovated a part of the city it got an orange redish color to everything around it.

It was a nice experience at first, trying to collect money and buying and renovating everything. But after it was all done, I thought to myself why the hell was it even there. It felt so pointless and I lost so much money. So basically the only reason I hated it at the end because it gave Rome a totally different look with the redish orangish color as I said before.

I really hope they don't add it in ACR. And if they do it better not make the city look so bland with one color for the entire city.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Err.. I don't even notice any reddish color. Before I renovated the stuff I noticed a blue-ish color though, and that was to give it the atmosphere of despair.

And I loved the renovations in both Monterigionni and Rome. But Dennis, where did you see that there will be different levels of reconstruction?

LightRey
10-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by dennis580:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hrhtom:

You are completely wrong. ACR is adding or improving a ton of things. Also ACB was a better game then AC2; though that is not saying a lot since we have yet to get a good AC game I expect Revelations will be the first good AC game. Anyway back to why ACR is a major leap.

You have a far deeper, and far more personalized Assassin's Guild(including your assassins having there own side stories), and your assassin's play a far more important role in the game as only a master assassin can permantently keep your dens from changing hands.

For the first time we have a dynamic city where dens can change hands between the Assassins, and Templars, and you can actually lose progress in the game. This is the first time a AC game has had this type of dynamic gameplay, and its something I hope to see a lot more of in the future.

There is suppose to be more challanging enemies(the complete lack of challenge really ruined both AC2, and ACB). Fighting multiple Janisaries at one time is a suppose to be pretty challenging.

The tower defense battles add a new type gameplay where stratgy, and tactics not stealth or action are the main factor in the battles.

The city building element(something I enjoy) is far, far, far lengthier then before because not only do you have to restore the entire city of Constantinople like Rome, but you will have to do it several times over as the different levels of restoration from the Villa of AC2 are being brought back. So it will probably take a very, very, very long time to restore Constantinople to 100% which will add a great deal of length to the game.

I am very sceptical about AC3. If it is mostly set in a modern era then it will be the first AC game I will NOT buy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't worry about AC3. There will be a next ancestor and that means that at the very least 50% (most likely much much more) of the game will be inside the animus playing in a historical setting.

I don't get why people don't like renovating the city. You can just skip it if you want to, you won't be missing out on much.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 10:35 AM
I leiks mah renovations.

I was sad that I could upgrade Tiber Island though. I would of loved to have Assassin Guards patrolling it, like the Masyaf Guards in AC1. I also would of loved to upgrade the stores and give them a bigger area to work with like in Monterrigionni. Maybe even of built some fortifications in case Cesare got word of the Island base.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 10:38 AM
I leiks mah renovations.

I was sad that I could upgrade Tiber Island though. I would of loved to have Assassin Guards patrolling it, like the Masyaf Guards in AC1. I also would of loved to upgrade the stores and give them a bigger area to work with like in Monterrigionni. Maybe even of built some fortifications in case Cesare got word of the Island base.

They'd have to be hidden though. I'm not sure if there would really have been a way to make that work with the story.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Yea.. D;

still, I would of loved to of had an Assassin or two watching over the island and to of been able to upgrade the stores on the island.

MostJadedGamer
10-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Uhh, I'm pretty sure a lot of people hated rebuilding the city, including me.

Most people enjoyed this feature. In fact every time I basically renovated as much of the city as possible before I moved on with the storyline.

The reason I hated it was because every time you renovated a part of the city it got an orange redish color to everything around it.

Thats go to be one of the dumbest reason I have ever heard. In fact I don't even remember seiing a redish orange color.

It was a nice experience at first, trying to collect money and buying and renovating everything. But after it was all done, I thought to myself why the hell was it even there. It felt so pointless and I lost so much money.

Its there because it adds a different, and unique element to the game, and it is quite satisfying restoring the city.

So basically the only reason I hated it at the end because it gave Rome a totally different look with the redish orangish color as I said before.

Which is one of the dumbest reasons ever to hate it.

I really hope they don't add it in ACR. And if they do it better not make the city look so bland with one color for the entire city.

It is Rome times 3 this time(because you now have different restoration levels like AC2's Villa. So not only do you have restore the whole city, but you will have to upgrade everything multiple levels. So it will take you far, far longer to restore Constantinople to 100% then it did Rome.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Ok, the redish color made the city of Rome seem very repetitive. Everything nearly looked the same.

I absolutely loved the renovations for Monterrigionni. The feeling after doing so felt breezy if that makes any sense. It gave a cool and memorable feeling. This is because he's been there for so long and after renovating the whole thing it just felt complete and right.

On the other hand, he's been in Rome for 3-4 years and it was like w.e. He was gonna leave Rome eventually.

Also, I can't continue the game without renovating some things because I feel like I haven't completed the game.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 10:42 AM
uh...

where is the confirmation that there are different restoration levels?

MostJadedGamer
10-22-2011, 10:44 AM
But Dennis, where did you see that there will be different levels of reconstruction?

I remember reading it in one of the previews. I can try to look it up to see if I can find the artcile.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Ok, the redish color made the city of Rome seem very repetitive. Everything nearly looked the same.

I absolutely loved the renovations for Monterrigionni. The feeling after doing so felt breezy if that makes any sense. It gave a cool and memorable feeling. This is because he's been there for so long and after renovating the whole thing it just felt complete and right.

On the other hand, he's been in Rome for 3-4 years and it was like w.e. He was gonna leave Rome eventually.

Also, I can't continue the game without renovating some things because I feel like I haven't completed the game.
Actually, the only reason Ezio left Rome was to go find the knowledge of Altiar in Masyaf. Otherwise he would of stayed there until he was too old to continue on with the Assassin business in Italy.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 10:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

Actually, the only reason Ezio left Rome was to go find the knowledge of Altiar in Masyaf. Otherwise he would of stayed there until he was too old to continue on with the Assassin business in Italy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's not entirely true. He left Rome for a while sometime between 1503 and 1506 as Leonardo said "I did not know you had returned to Roma".

Sarari
10-22-2011, 10:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

Actually, the only reason Ezio left Rome was to go find the knowledge of Altiar in Masyaf. Otherwise he would of stayed there until he was too old to continue on with the Assassin business in Italy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True that. But Rome's renovation as good as Monterrigionni.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:

That's not entirely true. He left Rome for a while sometime between 1503 and 1506 as Leonardo said "I did not know you had returned to Roma". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought he did that to find info on Cesare?

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-22-2011, 10:54 AM
IMO AC:B was a a okayish game just that the city was.. boring/ugly. Every where you went it looked the same im playing AC2 right now and each city is so different... But in AC:B Rome was the same everywhere and had like orange skys sometimes.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 10:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

That's not entirely true. He left Rome for a while sometime between 1503 and 1506 as Leonardo said "I did not know you had returned to Roma". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought he did that to find info on Cesare? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Most likely yes, but technically he did leave. :P

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by SukhvirsCreed:
IMO AC:B was a a okayish game just that the city was.. boring/ugly. Every where you went it looked the same im playing AC2 right now and each city is so different... But in AC:B Rome was the same everywhere and had like orange skys sometimes.

..Rome looked different in each district...

LightRey
10-22-2011, 11:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SukhvirsCreed:

..Rome looked different in each district... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah. Trastevere was way different from the rest of the center and that's still only part of the center. There's still 2 districts besides that.

Animuses
10-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by SukhvirsCreed:
Rome does get boring quite easily, but it's still a beautiful city.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Ok, it might be beautiful, but I can say for myself that Ubisoft could have done a much better job with in atmospherically.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 11:12 AM
I wish we could've used the arquebus as a weapon or at least the apples people were eating.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 11:22 AM
I wish we could pick up rocks and throw them at guards like the guards do to us. >.<

LightRey
10-22-2011, 11:45 AM
I wish we could pick up rocks and throw them at guards like the guards do to us. >.<
I would absolutely love that. I'd do it all the time just to **** them off.