PDA

View Full Version : Key Assignments

Jackal3031
10-22-2004, 07:40 PM
I get confused assigning keys. Does anyone provide a template or have recommendations of what key should be assigned to what function?

-HH- Beebop
10-22-2004, 08:42 PM
You should be able to go into the "Controls" interface, click to the right of the command and press any key you like to assign functions.
If you don't like the assignment click again and re-assign. If worse comes to worse just hit "Default" in the lower left of the screen and you revert everything back to the origianl settings.

I'm unaware of a "template" or any recommended settings. What ever works for you.

If this doesn't help just be a little more specific to what the problem is and help will come your way.

BuzzU
10-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Assigning keys is the easy part. Trying to remember them all is the hard part. For me anyway, because i'm old.

Jackal3031
10-23-2004, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the responses. Maybe someone with talent could come up with a reference card for the key board that we could all use and post it. Picking up my copy of PF Oct 26 at Game Stop. Can't wait.

Copperhead310th
10-24-2004, 01:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BuzzU:
Assigning keys is the easy part. Trying to remember them all is the hard part. For me anyway, because i'm old. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's evrybody Buzz.
oh and hey guy. long time no see http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
where yas been hidin' Buzzy?

BuzzU
10-24-2004, 02:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Copperhead310th:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BuzzU:
Assigning keys is the easy part. Trying to remember them all is the hard part. For me anyway, because i'm old. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's evrybody Buzz.
oh and hey guy. long time no see http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
where yas been hidin' Buzzy? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I took a break. I was burned out. I'm back now, and can't wait for PF, although I already have my two favorite planes. P-51 and P-47

Cayene
10-24-2004, 12:20 PM
If you want to keep track of your assigned keys go to C (drive - or wherever you have FB/ACE/PF):\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\Users\doe €¦or whatever pilot name you fly under.

Open the settings.ini file (in Notepad).

The keyboard assignments are all there, but they are hard to follow so this is what I did (apologies to the computer literate).

Copy your keyboard settings(from setting.ini) and paste them into a Word doc.

In the Word doc:
Edit>Select All
Table>Convert>Text to Table> click on the Other button and put an = sign in the box to the right. Click OK. (You should now have a two column table).

Copy the table.

Then open an Excel doc.
Edit>Paste Special>Text>OK.

This pastes the two columns into the Excel doc.

Then
Format>Column>AutoFit Selection €¦to adjust width of columns.

Then
Data> click on Sort
Click on €œno header row€ €¦Note: the Sort by drop down menu changes to Column A. You could sort by Column B if you wish>OK.

Then highlight the rows you don€t need and delete them (right click Delete).

Then highlight both columns down to the last item.
Format>Cells>Alignment Tab €¦Horizontally and Vertically align your text to suit you>OK.

Format>Cells>Border Tab €¦set borders to taste>OK.

Save/print and you have your ready reference. I usually print a second copy sorted by Column B.

Hope I haven't missed anything.
S!
Cayene

BuzzU
10-24-2004, 01:41 PM
It's not a problem remembering how I assigned them, becaue I have to make a map for the CH setup. The problem is trying to remember it all in the heat of battle. Especially for Lock-on.

Copperhead310th
10-25-2004, 04:36 AM
i find that with things i don't use that often ....i forget how i maped them and have to go back
and check so i can use them. lol
one example would be <toggle Icon types>.