PDA

View Full Version : More ways to murder

badassapple
02-23-2011, 05:56 AM
Hey,
one other thing that I noticed about assassins creed is that most of the players assassinations were fairly straight forward such as basic violent murder assassinations.
Now, considering the human race's hisotry of murder, I am sure that if Ubisoft did some home work, they would discover several more ways that assassins past and present used to assassinate their victims, often undetected and sometime without even being present.
Although, I have to point out at this point that including a large aray of assassination techniques may very well increase the amount of deaths that happen in reality, as such ideas may very well be copied by those who do not have a stable moral compass or who are mentally unstable.
Nonetheless,
here are some suggestions.
"accidents"
the best assassins kill without detection, ideally by not being at the scene of the crime at the time that it happens.
accidents include,
horse and cart accident
work accident (crushed to death by heavy materials, incidentally my great grand father died in this manner),
work materials or equipment malfunction
trampled to death by animals
killed by wild animals
Drowning.
Falling off cliff or high building.
also. a more suble form of murder which happened during this time is to make a man bankrupt or to ruin him by taking away his lively hood.
Only during the last century has society looked after the poor, unemployed and sick.
Athough, some religions have catered for the poor within their laws. I.E. Leviticus.
Other ways that people murder.
Arson
suffocation due to lack of oxygen (see alchemist).
death by food (over time) cholestral

anyway, some more ideas, many of which you probably already know or may have even incorportated into your game.
Lastly, i would like to emphasise that you need to enforce the moral ethic during your games,
as its great fun to murder in games,
however, there is a big difference between playing a game and doing it for real, especially when people start murdering people for fun or for petty reasons.
assassinations should be considered a very serious matter and assassins should have a strict moral code that guides them as to who they should assassinate.
Otherwise you could be teaching more impresionable people to take such matters into their own hands and without any moral guidance.
not sure if society needs any more murderers, especially ones that have got drug enduced psychosis.

badassapple
02-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Some more ways:
Traps.
Dating back to even prehistoric man, a method that is still used to day by some even in its most simplest form, although can also be adapted to most environments.
The trap. - from simple hole in the ground with sharpened spiked tree trunks, to more sophisticated man traps made from iron which are used to maim their victim.
Perhaps also trip wire triggered traps that are wired to nets to catch or even sharp bladed weapons or perhaps even explosives / guns / cannons.
Sabotage:
Another classic simple method that perhaps is less detectable than many. In some circumstances can be caused while victim isn't present which reduces the possibility of being detected and caught.
A classic one here is to devise a way to sink a boat, perhaps by creating a hole in the bottom of the boat and filling it with some form of temporary filling that has only limited use, thus sinking the boat when used for long voyage.
If I were the developers, I would do extensive research into the history of assassin/murder including the various methods used.
I am sure that even some present day murders may also be adaptable.

badassapple
02-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Drug addiction.

Another way to ruin a persons life and to take them out indirectly is to get them addicted to drugs. (although, in real life I am against this strategy).

Doing so, may not kill them directly, however, indirectly many drugs do and at the very least will lead the opposing individual to a delusional world where he / she can be distracted from the real agenda by the entertainment that such substances offer.

Even better (worse), the assassin may even make money from the victim by dealing his victim drugs, keeping his victim stooped in his drug enduced delusional world. And worse still, the victim will actually thank the assassin or even worship the assassin for dealing his death deal.

While the assassins victims are entertaining themselves in their drug enduced world,
he can then take over the world and capitalize out of his drug free position.

ThaWhistle
02-23-2011, 07:30 AM
uhhh.... what the hell?

Murcuseo
02-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Hopefully this chap will get banned soon, I'm getting tired of his self indulgent posts.

Anyone that triple posts at the start of their own thread deserves a virtual slap in the face.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV2dNJ40hlgmsO7s8K7iGe2IHWVAHf5 OgUDLxvgAAsezMv-4Rmmw

ThaWhistle
02-23-2011, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
Hopefully this chap will get banned soon, I'm getting tired of his self indulgent posts.

Anyone that triple posts at the start of their own thread deserves a virtual slap in the face.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV2dNJ40hlgmsO7s8K7iGe2IHWVAHf5 OgUDLxvgAAsezMv-4Rmmw

itd be one thing if he wasn'tposting utter nonsense, but alas, it is.

badassapple
02-23-2011, 07:42 AM
I also recommend that you study serial killers and other devious individuals.
Not to mention conspiracies that relate to numerous secret societies.

Not all serial killers were completely brutish.
Some used Sympathy ploys such as faking illness in order to play on their victims compassion with the aim of trapping them. Example. Ted Bundy.

As for secret societies and governmental agencies, the may be several interesting theories or techniques that may be incorporated in in order to add more interest to the game.

How about secret service methods.

As well as murder.
How about a bit of good old fashion abduction and maybe a little torture (to extract information or for fun!).

This may add a little bit more variety to the sandbox.

There also could be traps set up in the assassins world that the assassin can be trapped in.

How about opposing assassins?

badassapple
02-23-2011, 07:47 AM
The Set Up.

How about using "Set ups" to murder.
These are often employed in real world of criminals who set their victims up as rapists/grasses/pedo's etc.

Even if their victim does nothing to that nature, once they are labeled as any of the above, their reputation is ruined.
This slanderous technique also has the potential to murder as the victim often takes his own life, or is often attacked by one of the "honorable" criminals, who attacks the victim on the grounds that he is a rapist/grass/pedo.

If people use this technique is used against you, you have to be very strong and tough in order to survive.

Perhaps, you could even have opposing assassins using this technique of slander against you in the game, and you will have to change your identity to survive.

madigari
02-23-2011, 07:48 AM
This is becoming a general trend in which he's just trying to suggest things that would otherwise imply that Ubisoft doesn't know what they're doing, because he's apparently got some grudge against them for realism and/or 'slandering' his bloodline in some way.

In doing so, he has insulted various members on this board, the Ubisoft staff (claiming they're making this game as a propaganda tool at the pay of some group), and just generally discussed bizarre and irrelevant things. (Who wants to play Ezio getting one of his targets addicted to drugs? Really? -Really?-)

The man needs to chill and realize that he's playing a game. For entertainment purposes. With no applications to reality beyond fictious ones imagined by a multi-cultural, diverse programming team. You know...like the disclaimer -says-.

In short, TL;DR version: What.

ThaWhistle
02-23-2011, 07:49 AM
sounds like a budding serial killer?

Hey badassapple, do you like huey lewis and the news? Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

badassapple
02-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Also, Study criminology in order to learn more devious methods of the criminal.

Car jacking is another devious idea.
Criminals often use Sympathy ploys in order to stop their victims and gain access to the vehicle, in the same way con men access their victims premises (posing as gas man etc. in order to get into the house and steal).

Actually, different guises and scenerio's would be really interesting as well.

For example, Japanese assassins often posed as traveling musicians and actors during war times.
This allowed them to change guise easily and also move around undetected or suspected.

Priests were also a common guise, as the priest is an archetypal figure that represents honesty, holy and spiritual.

By playing the part the assassin was able to manipulate his victims perception in order to achieve his aims.

badassapple
02-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:

Nice self portrait buddy, If only I could punch you in the face in person.

Look buddy, my "triple post" may not follow your geeky forum etiquette.
You know what buddy, I really do not care what you think.

The stuff I am writing here is to help the developers. Some of the stuff may have been already thought of, some may not have.
I present all of it so that the developers can go through it and choose what is good.

Whether you think it is self indulgent, I dont care.
My motivation is to help the developers and for no personal gain (as they never give me anything in return when they do use my ideas, not even a free game or name in the credit list).

If we looked at your posts I bet we would find that you are more self indulgent than I.

Its all about motivation.

Anyway, I will add my short brain storming as it comes and then leave. Where you probably spend your whole waking life on this forum making derogatory remarks towards any one who comes on that you take a dislike to.

Here is some advice buddy, turn off the computer and go live a little.
Stop ****ing off nice people who are giving their time and input with the selfless aim of helping.

Even if the ideas were crap, which there not.
What damage does it do?
Just mind your own business you big fat hairy nob.

vorenus73
02-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Well that is a ton of posts but he does have a point. Assassinations throughout history have been done via many different means and different methods. Making it look like an accident, definitely. The key is to keep it a secret exactly who killed the target.

Rakudaton
02-23-2011, 09:04 AM
you probably spend your whole waking life on this forum making derogatory remarks

Just mind your own business you big fat hairy nob.

Irony much?

And yes, your posts are self-indulgent. Look, you've posted more posts on this thread than everyone else combined -- usually in quick succession. And it is NOT "geeky etiquette" -- it's called manners.

Murcuseo
02-23-2011, 09:10 AM
That was easy enough, now they just need to close these threads.

@badassapple: If you're still lurking, hear this. If you're motives were purely to help the developers, why didn't you send this feedback to them in an email?. Also, there is a specific thread for feedback on this forum, why didn't you post it there?.

You came here to make a scene and have a rant. You end up acting like a tool and getting suspended, your character isn't hard to work out.

Now, buh bye.

madigari
02-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by vorenus73:
Well that is a ton of posts but he does have a point. Assassinations throughout history have been done via many different means and different methods. Making it look like an accident, definitely. The key is to keep it a secret exactly who killed the target.

Perhaps in real life, yes, where you can't exactly get rid of warrants and such by ripping down posters. However, in the basis of this game, it's been stated numerous times by various members of the Assassins' Brotherhood that it's important for the Assassins to be feared. To do that, they would have to make a point of killing the target in a way that would make it distinguishable that it was the Assassins who were responsible. (Hence Altair saying that the Hidden Blade practically defines them, since all targets were killed with said weapon, even if you were attacking them with another weapon prior to the death scene.)

But, back to the first part of my first paragraph: this isn't real life. Assassin's Creed isn't meant to be real life. There are no Animus machines out there, there are no Pieces of Eden. There are characters who were -based- on real life people, but it doesn't change that what happens to them in the context of Assassin's Creed is fiction.

Assassinations were hidden and covert in real life because those people feared the repercussions of their actions. They are not in this game because the Assassins are intent on striking fear into the hearts of their enemies and bolstering the spirits of those who have been beaten down by their enemies, be it Templar, Borgian, or somewhere in between.

Again, TLhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifR version: Secrets are bad for Auditore business.