PDA

View Full Version : Playing without a HUD

NuclearFuss
01-01-2010, 07:42 AM
In an interview Patrice Desilets said that people could play without the map, and that birds would show map markers you set, but I haven't noticed any changes when I do it. Is this feature in the game and I'm not noticing it, or have they pulled it out at the last minute?

Crouching.Tiger
01-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Don't know about the birds, but you can turn of the HUD and some other things (like the annoying arrows hovering over enemies' and allies' heads) in the options menu.

NuclearFuss
01-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Yes I know that, and when I turn the map off I have almost no idea where I'm going, and Creative Director said in an interview that birds would mark spots on the map. I'll try and find the link to the interview.

Edengoth
01-02-2010, 08:07 AM
Yes, this was one of those things that got cut out during development. Or at least that's what I was told when I pointed it out last month.

NuclearFuss
01-02-2010, 09:13 AM
A shame, I thought it was a good idea.

dorido
01-02-2010, 11:09 AM
if they did bring it back through dlc or patches, it would help solve the demand for difficulty levels in a really unique way

Subject J80
01-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
In an interview Patrice Desilets said that people could play without the map, and that birds would show map markers you set, but I haven't noticed any changes when I do it. Is this feature in the game and I'm not noticing it, or have they pulled it out at the last minute?

Hey Sackboy, The birds only lead the way in the Assassins Tombs.....

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/MrJohnnyMo143.png

jimbo11235813
01-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
Yes I know that, and when I turn the map off I have almost no idea where I'm going, and Creative Director said in an interview that birds would mark spots on the map. I'll try and find the link to the interview.
I remember hearing that, but I have no idea which interview it was (So Many!) I noticed they used the system in the Tombs (like Jaybyrne10 said) which I found useful and not too distracting when I knew what I was doing.
Wished they did something though, even if it was something simple like groups of birds flying over the objective.