PDA

View Full Version : Just got it today

walsh2509
10-25-2004, 12:48 PM
just a quick couple of Q's ..

On the default Japanese plane 1st wave PH , the gun sight the glass or optical target in front of you, on mine the cross hairs or what ever you call them was away to the right (offlone). The default US had an Outer Circle with a dot in the middle and that looked fine, but as I said the one on the Japanese plane was askew.. How do I fix that?

2nd on is not that bad , but I found when I was going from waypoint to waypoint I just put on AP , but if I F2'd for an outside view unknown to me I was not on AP anymore. I found this out when I went back to the cockpit up in one corner the text read "Autopilot Off", now that I know its fine but should it not be the case if I switch AP on , it should stay on even if I got to another view point?

walsh2509
10-25-2004, 12:48 PM
just a quick couple of Q's ..

On the default Japanese plane 1st wave PH , the gun sight the glass or optical target in front of you, on mine the cross hairs or what ever you call them was away to the right (offlone). The default US had an Outer Circle with a dot in the middle and that looked fine, but as I said the one on the Japanese plane was askew.. How do I fix that?

2nd on is not that bad , but I found when I was going from waypoint to waypoint I just put on AP , but if I F2'd for an outside view unknown to me I was not on AP anymore. I found this out when I went back to the cockpit up in one corner the text read "Autopilot Off", now that I know its fine but should it not be the case if I switch AP on , it should stay on even if I got to another view point?

Maulkin
10-25-2004, 12:55 PM
1) Hold down the shift key and hit F1. This puts you into gunsight mode. Basically on aircraft with the gunsight offset it shifts your perspective behind the gunsight and with aircraft that dont have the gunsight offset it moves you slightly forward. In both situations it also 'stiffens' your pilot so you dont shift around in your cockpit when doing hard manuvering. It also moves your perspective slightly forward making it a bit easier to check-six behind your seat armor.

2) You are on autopilot until you return to first person perspective in your aircrafts cockpit.

Gato__Loco
10-25-2004, 01:08 PM
About question #2.
You should map a key for the "Toggle Level Autopilot" feature. When the "Toggle Level Autopilot" is ON, you will return to manual control when you go to cabin view. When it is OFF, your plane will remain on autopilot untill you turn it off manualy, regarthless on which view you may be.

walsh2509
10-25-2004, 01:49 PM
Thanks guy for your help!

It will take me a while to get used to flying these craft, just one more before I go! I was playing around in a Val on 1st wave PH and jumped into the gunners position and http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif shot my tail off. I F2'd to watch the guys bail out and they did the plane was level if very very slightly nose down. After they bailed the Val just kept on flyin level just losing about 10M of hight a second.

I followed it all the way down using F3 and it hit the water and slide along it until it came to a stop and sunk they the cockpit and what was left of the tail sticking out the water..

Now I can't remember if I took AP off , but surely once I had bailed out it should have went into a dive ? and when it hit the water should it not have crashed into it?

I was on easy setting , was what happened to my Val because of this and if I had all the settings on "hard" would I have crashed..

last one , either it was the gunner of pilot ? but he was not or did not look Japanese when I zoomed in for a close up when he was floating down on his chute!!

again thanks for the help!