PDA

View Full Version : Server listing WITHIN the game

Seirrah
10-25-2004, 05:56 PM
Love the game, superb. I'm new to the game but I'm loving the learning experience, it is so satisfying and so graphically beautiful http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

One big issue...MP server listing. Why can't this be within the game? I'm sure it can simply be implemented considering the expertise in making the rest of the game.

Ravenshield users can use ubi.com, or join a server within the game ..why not here?

Why no PF lobby on ubi.com ? How are people with just PF meant to get into the 128 player dogfights as advertised ?? I really hope this can be improved, it is the one bad area of a superb game !

Regards

Seirrah

VW-IceFire
10-25-2004, 09:30 PM
You know about the highly successfuly HyperLobby?

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/

It does the trick. Its a little annoying perhaps to have to load another program but if its going to be anything, HyperLobby seems to do the trick nicely.

Seirrah
10-26-2004, 05:45 AM
Sure I know hyperlobby is available, and a someone has done a very good job on it. But the fact is that really a server list should be available in the game! People who are happy with hyperlobby etc can continue as they are.

It's a lot to ask everyone who buys the game to come to this forum and find out about hyperlobby, or have to wait until ubi.com external game service is updated for PF.

I would really like to see this implemented.

Philipscdrw
10-26-2004, 06:37 AM
Well, didn't Ubi release the game early because of the pirates? That would be the reason they haven't sset up the online game service.

IAFS_Painter
10-26-2004, 06:54 AM
Considering some of the issues - I'm rather glad they didn't implement server listing within game.

Seirrah
10-27-2004, 04:22 AM
Surely it cannot be too much of an issue to open a room for PF on the ubi.com service. They should also DEFINITELY have it in the game too. It is currently far from user friendly for people who have just bought PF and want to get into the series/genre !