PDA

View Full Version : News: Aces' Artwork - IL2-MAT Manager v2.35 Update Available

Aces_High_2
07-30-2006, 06:16 AM
http://aces_artwork.airwarfare.com/Il2-MAT_Manager_v2_35_Update_Large.jpg

Download Link (http://aces_artwork.airwarfare.com/IL2-MAT_Manager_v2_35_Update.zip)

Dear all,

I have just uploaded a new IL2-MAT Manager update (v2.35), this adds three new Italian aircraft markings, the early white roundel type, the later low-visibility type and the type used by the ANR between 1943-45. The program now contain an Italian National Markings drop-down box where these options and those to display default markings, to disable Italian Markings and select a User Defined markings can be selected.

I completed most of this work a while back but decided not to include it in the recent v2.34 update until I had finished testing. Please be aware of the following limitations imposed on my by the way the game handles Italian markings.: The only aircraft that display markings on the under-wing position and corrctly mirror the markings on the wings are the Macchi fighters. All other fighters except the Fiats (which use markings on the skin) only display the marking on the upper-wing position and they are not mirrored.

Requires IL2-MAT Manager v2.34

Update instructions:

1. Un-install IL2-MAT Manager v2.34 using Windows' Add/Remove Programs dialogue.

2. Run the new installer included in the zip download which will install additional MAT and TGA files and then install IL2-MAT Manager v2.35

3. Run IL2-MAT Manager v2.35

4. Choose your markings options.

5. Click on the "Save" button.

6. Click on the "Load" tab.

7. Quit MAT Manager and allow all files to copy and then run the game.

Best Regards

Aces

PS.

I forgot to mention, your desktop icon will still read v2.34 after installing v2.35 as I forgot to update it but you can tell if you've got v2.35 as the version number in the GUI reads v2.35.

Aces_High_2
07-30-2006, 06:16 AM
http://aces_artwork.airwarfare.com/Il2-MAT_Manager_v2_35_Update_Large.jpg

Download Link (http://aces_artwork.airwarfare.com/IL2-MAT_Manager_v2_35_Update.zip)

Dear all,

I have just uploaded a new IL2-MAT Manager update (v2.35), this adds three new Italian aircraft markings, the early white roundel type, the later low-visibility type and the type used by the ANR between 1943-45. The program now contain an Italian National Markings drop-down box where these options and those to display default markings, to disable Italian Markings and select a User Defined markings can be selected.

I completed most of this work a while back but decided not to include it in the recent v2.34 update until I had finished testing. Please be aware of the following limitations imposed on my by the way the game handles Italian markings.: The only aircraft that display markings on the under-wing position and corrctly mirror the markings on the wings are the Macchi fighters. All other fighters except the Fiats (which use markings on the skin) only display the marking on the upper-wing position and they are not mirrored.

Requires IL2-MAT Manager v2.34

Update instructions:

1. Un-install IL2-MAT Manager v2.34 using Windows' Add/Remove Programs dialogue.

2. Run the new installer included in the zip download which will install additional MAT and TGA files and then install IL2-MAT Manager v2.35

3. Run IL2-MAT Manager v2.35

4. Choose your markings options.

5. Click on the "Save" button.

6. Click on the "Load" tab.

7. Quit MAT Manager and allow all files to copy and then run the game.

Best Regards

Aces

PS.

I forgot to mention, your desktop icon will still read v2.34 after installing v2.35 as I forgot to update it but you can tell if you've got v2.35 as the version number in the GUI reads v2.35.

timholt
07-31-2006, 01:26 AM
"Requires IL2-MAT Manager v2.34

Update instructions:

1. Un-install IL2-MAT Manager v2.34 using Windows' Add/Remove Programs dialogue."

Aces,
I am slightly confused (again), but why does 2.35 require 2.34 if 2.34 has to be uninstalled prior to installing 2.35?
If I am currently running 2.33+, can I just uninstall that and go straight to 2.35?

Aces_High_2
07-31-2006, 02:15 AM
Hi mate,

v2.35 should not be installed over v2.33 PLUS as it doesn't contain the extra MAT and TGA files supplied with the v2.34 upgrade. It (the v2.35 upgrade) contains extra MATs and TGAs (the Italian markings files). If you do so it will error when you select any of the new markings options added with v2.34 such as the new late-war Luftwaffe fighter National markings options as it cannot find the required MAT and TGA files.

If you are upgrading from v2.33 PLUS please follow the procedure detailed below.

1. Un-install v2.33 PLUS using Windows' Add/Remove programs.

2. Run the v2.34 installer, let it install the MAT and TGA files and then quit the IL2-MAT Manager installer without installing the program.

3. Run the v2.35 installer in it's entirity, eg. it will install MAT and TGAs and then install the IL2-MAT Manager program.

Alternatively you could :

1. Un-install v2.33 PLUS using Window's Add/Remove programs.

2. Run the v2.34 installer.

3. Un-install v2.34 using Window's Add/Remove programs.

4. Run the v2.35 installer.

The first method is, IMO, quicker and easier.

Best regards

Aces

timholt
07-31-2006, 05:06 AM
Aces,
thanks mate, I won't be home for a couple of days but will go with your preferred method upon my return.
You have my sympathies w.r.t. your family illness, I was where you are at now with my mother when I was 14 so I understand what you are going through.
My thoughts are with you.
Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Monty_Thrud
08-02-2006, 01:46 PM
One of my favourites this...could you tell me if the Mosquito squad marking letters are to be fixed, they still appear to be as the original IL2 markings?

Thanks for the update Aces' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Aces_High_2
08-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Hi chaps,

I'll have a look at the Mosquito markings.

Best regards

Aces