PDA

View Full Version : Altair's Son?

mikeh1294
06-20-2010, 04:13 AM
I think I have discovered something interesting.
The 29th Codex page states this:

A dark tide rises to the east - an army of such size and power that all the land is made quick to worry. Their leader is a man named Temujin, who has adopted the title Genghis Khan. He sweeps across the lands, conquering and subsuming all who stand in his way. Whatever his motives, he must be stopped. Were I younger, I might attempt to undertake this work in secret - as I suspect the presence of a Piece of Eden. But those days are years gone, now. The mantle must be passed. It is time she and I spoke with our sons. We will travel there together, that they may be tested and that this threat might be stopped.

So Altair and his sons go there, and they stop Genghis Khan.

However, when you go down into the Vault under Villa Auditore, the Statue of Qulan Gal states this:

Atop this pedestal stands a statue of WULAN GAL, the male Mongolian assassin. He used a BOW AND ARROW to shoot Gheghis (Spelling error on statue, should be 'Genghis') Khan's horse.

So Altair must have started up an Assassin order in Mongolia, and Qulan Gal helped kill Khan by de-horsing him. Otherwise this is a blatant contradiction.

Your thoughts?

Account_Deleted
06-20-2010, 04:31 AM
Chances altair was talking about new recruits to the brother hood
as in AC:1
i think
Al-muliam calls the other assassins as son or brother when relating/ in converse with altair.

In this Codex i would also beleive Altair must had made an apprentice during his time in *where ever he was*
chances an orphan or slave

Abeonis
06-20-2010, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Account_Deleted:

Erm, no, he's talking about his actualy sons. To quote the Codex "The mantle must be passed. It is time she and I spoke with our sons. Methinks that is pretty clear in that respect. But to answer the OP's question: yes, we know Altair planeed to take his sons to kill Genghis Khan, although we do not know he actually did.

Assuming he did go, we then have two possibilities. 1) Altair and his sons failed to kill Genghis Khan, and Qulan Gal (who is just a random assassin) finally succeeded in 1227. Or 2), Qulan Gal is one of Altair's sons, and so they succeeded in a sense.

RaidingAssassin
06-20-2010, 06:32 AM
well... that's all just confusing...

Ah well, many unanswered questions, but i hope they do get answered.

Account_Deleted
06-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Altair married a Mongoling ( sp?)
had Qulan Gal as his son?

Fairus60
06-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Account_Deleted:

Erm, no, he's talking about his actualy sons. To quote the Codex "The mantle must be passed. It is time she and I spoke with our sons. Methinks that is pretty clear in that respect. But to answer the OP's question: yes, we know Altair planeed to take his sons to kill Genghis Khan, although we do not know he actually did.

Assuming he did go, we then have two possibilities. 1) Altair and his sons failed to kill Genghis Khan, and Qulan Gal (who is just a random assassin) finally succeeded in 1227. Or 2), Qulan Gal is one of Altair's sons, and so they succeeded in a sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, but I doubt he alone with his sons would have taken the HUGE responsibility to kill Genghis Khan. He had to recruit a few allies on the way. If you think about it, it sounds like a great scenario for "Assassins Creed Brotherhood: Altair version" XD Id love to see that!!

TheEpicWolf
06-20-2010, 06:48 PM
It might have been like AC: Brotherhood for Altair although he does say he's too old for it now so i doubt he would have done much fighting but you never know

Fairus60
06-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:
It might have been like AC: Brotherhood for Altair although he does say he's too old for it now so i doubt he would have done much fighting but you never know
Or, it would be Brotherhood to Altairīs son, and Altair could have a passive role, maybe as that of Al Mualim in the first game, giving you missions, training you, giving you the gadgets he discovers through his studies in the Piece of Eden. ****, I really hope this comes true

Torro747
06-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Fairus60:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:
Or, it would be Brotherhood to Altairīs son, and Altair could have a passive role, maybe as that of Al Mualim in the first game, giving you missions, training you, giving you the gadgets he discovers through his studies in the Piece of Eden. ****, I really hope this comes true </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This would be a fantastic edition to the Creed dynasty. Lets face it, Brotherhood is just to keep us from having a stroke between ACII and ACIII. However, once ACIII is complete their going to need another one of these to hold us over again. I have no problem with going back in time for an AC1.5. Imagine riding around Persia as Altair's kid shooting "Shiiity Mongolians" on horseback.

LUCKYNICHOLL
06-21-2010, 12:18 AM
I thought it was clear that "sons" referred to his actual sons, and "she" was a pretty clear reference to Maria - the Templar lady Altair gets busy with on top of the tower in Acre when Desmond flashes into Altair's memory, aka, why the camera doesn't follow Altair when he leaves. Note, on of the earlier codex pages has a picture of her... Oh how the plot thickens

Vey03
06-21-2010, 03:22 AM
No doubt there were/are Assassins all over the world.
Might be that Qualen Gel shot the horse, then one of Altair's son's shot Genghis Khan.
Or Altair never travelled there with his sons at all. Doesn't say they did. Only that he wants to.

Also, in one of the pages Altair says something that he didn't think he'd find love again, and he was grateful to be prooven wrong. I take this to mean he lost his first love, but found someone else. So it doesn't have to mean the lady on the tower. She may have just been the first. The second might be his current wife. Or the other way around.
He may have children he didn't know about.

Abeonis
06-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Mouse03:
Also, in one of the pages Altair says something that he didn't think he'd find love again, and he was grateful to be prooven wrong. I take this to mean he lost his first love, but found someone else. So it doesn't have to mean the lady on the tower. She may have just been the first. The second might be his current wife. Or the other way around.

His first love was Adha, though she was killed by the Templars'. The second was Maria, the women whom he slept with in the Acre fortress.

RaidingAssassin
06-21-2010, 08:21 AM
Altair's life is sort of explained in AC2. You just have to go on uplay and get the assassins tomb and when you go in, you find out all about altair and how the auditorie got there. :3

wanderer77
06-21-2010, 11:39 AM

why must Qulan be Altair's kid? is he proven to be Ezio's ancestor too? your logic is undeveloped.

Originally posted by RaidingAssassin:
Altair's life is sort of explained in AC2. You just have to go on uplay and get the assassins tomb and when you go in, you find out all about altair and how the auditorie got there. :3

no u dont. u find out about how the Auditore started. it mentions nothing about Altair. Altair's story are all in his games and in the codex works in AC2.

Abeonis
06-21-2010, 03:58 PM

What's a Mongoling? Sounds like a skateboarder's nickname.

DarkxSniperx9
06-21-2010, 04:43 PM
well in assassin's creed II the part where you are playing as altair you go up to the tower with that lady and well you know so that would probably add up

Vey03
06-22-2010, 01:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mouse03:

His first love was Adha, though she was killed by the Templars'. The second was Maria, the women whom he slept with in the Acre fortress. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah. Thanks, i never knew this. Excuse my ignorance, but where is this info? I must be missing something.

mikeh1294
06-22-2010, 03:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mouse03:

His first love was Adha, though she was killed by the Templars'. The second was Maria, the women whom he slept with in the Acre fortress. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah. Thanks, i never knew this. Excuse my ignorance, but where is this info? I must be missing something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The stuff about Adha is in Bloodlines (I think). And the stuff about Maria is in ACII.

Ru1986
06-22-2010, 05:19 AM
There are also gaps, unexplained gaps to this story and i have read all the Codexes several times. I have also read lots of contents in the books and online on the AC WIKI and i have failed to fill in these gaps. There is mentions of Cyprus (i dont mean the bit in Cyprus in AC2 btw when the Templars travel) its all a bit conflicting this part hopefully all will be expalined n AC3.

bokeef04
06-22-2010, 05:50 AM
Altair's travel to Cyprus is covered in Bloodlines, it's also where he encounters Maria again, and i believe that's when they form a friendship of sorts(been awhile since i played it)

Ru1986
06-22-2010, 07:23 AM
Thats right bokeef04 i remeber playing that now but was their not an incident that changed the face of it all that was not covered in bloodlines. I am sure that chronicals was ment to be before AC1 was it not? Bloodlines was ment to be after then? If so that cast a little more light over what might have happened.

Fairus60
06-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
Thats right bokeef04 i remeber playing that now but was their not an incident that changed the face of it all that was not covered in bloodlines. I am sure that chronicals was ment to be before AC1 was it not? Bloodlines was ment to be after then? If so that cast a little more light over what might have happened.
Indeed. Chronicles is set BEFORE AC1, Bloodlines is 1 month AFTER AC1. But we definetly need another game featuring Altair. His tale feels that much "incomplete". Either Ubi has to clear all up in AC3, or they release a new Altair based game. Personaly, I want both http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Vey03
06-23-2010, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by mikini:
The stuff about Adha is in Bloodlines (I think). And the stuff about Maria is in ACII.

Ah righto. Cheers. I don't have Bloodlines, so had no idea.

Ru1986
06-23-2010, 02:43 AM
Indeed Fairus60, i agree another Altair game nees to be added to explain the gaps sureley we cannot rely on the Codex for this. So yes please another Altair game to finish that story off and then a return to Europe maybe for AC3.

Azugo
06-23-2010, 02:47 AM

Nah, from memory, Adha was in Altair's Chronicles, and Maria is in Bloodlines and AC2.

Ru1986
06-23-2010, 03:13 AM
Is Maria not the Lady who pretends to be Robert De Sable in AC1? Maria Thorpe is it not?

bokeef04
06-23-2010, 04:27 AM
Is Maria not the Lady who pretends to be Robert De Sable in AC1? Maria Thorpe is it not?

that's her

Blinding Vision
06-23-2010, 08:29 AM
were exactly does it say his kill Genghis khan no it just say that the threat must be stopped and that he will speak to his sons

Fairus60
06-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by guess_who_I_am2:
were exactly does it say his kill Genghis khan no it just say that the threat must be stopped and that he will speak to his sons
Knowing Altair, its obvious that they did go. Of course, they didnt kill him, but had to play a part on it. Its been cleared up in the game that Oulan Gal killed Khan, but maybe Altairīs sons helped in some form. Ideas on what this forms could have been?

Vey03
06-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Azugo:
Nah, from memory, Adha was in Altair's Chronicles, and Maria is in Bloodlines and AC2.

Ah!

Where is Maria in AC2?

Seeing as i only have AC1 and AC2, and nothing in between, it seems i have missed out on a fair bit of detail.

zarens
06-28-2010, 03:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Account_Deleted:

Assuming he did go, we then have two possibilities. 1) Altair and his sons failed to kill Genghis Khan, and Qulan Gal (who is just a random assassin) finally succeeded in 1227. Or 2), Qulan Gal is one of Altair's sons, and so they succeeded in a sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

erm, NO! maybe your close minded... yes that is 2 options... but it could also be recruits, when in the assassin order refer to other assassins as brothers it doesnt mean family, they are monks... and monks are called brothers, Al Mualim is not even in Altairs family. altair is a clever man... when taking out a target he makes a plan, he could have recruited the archer assassin and then he did the first step in witch was shooting the horse to weaken the target and then his son kills him.
it sais in the codex that he took his sons to mongolia so they could kill him, Altair was most likely not even involved

masterfenix2009
06-28-2010, 05:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by guess_who_I_am2:
Knowing Altair, its obvious that they did go. Of course, they didnt kill him, but had to play a part on it. Its been cleared up in the game that Oulan Gal killed Khan, but maybe Altairīs sons helped in some form. Ideas on what this forms could have been? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it said oulan Gal shot his horse not kill him

masterfenix2009
06-28-2010, 05:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:

Ah!

Where is Maria in AC2?

Seeing as i only have AC1 and AC2, and nothing in between, it seems i have missed out on a fair bit of detail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

she is the one on top of the tower that altair sleeps with in ac2

Puppet627
06-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:

Ah!

Where is Maria in AC2?

Seeing as i only have AC1 and AC2, and nothing in between, it seems i have missed out on a fair bit of detail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

she is the one on top of the tower that altair sleeps with in ac2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just adding to that ^
The weird dream sequence or whatever after Desmond tries out his new abilities.
You play as Altair and you're chasing Maria.

Fairus60
06-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by guess_who_I_am2:
Knowing Altair, its obvious that they did go. Of course, they didnt kill him, but had to play a part on it. Its been cleared up in the game that Oulan Gal killed Khan, but maybe Altairīs sons helped in some form. Ideas on what this forms could have been? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it said oulan Gal shot his horse not kill him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, he shot the horse and caused his death. Thats it

masterfenix2009
06-29-2010, 02:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:

it said oulan Gal shot his horse not kill him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, he shot the horse and caused his death. Thats it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it would of said if he killed him

dchil279
11-07-2010, 09:06 AM
I think I have discovered something interesting.
The 29th Codex page states this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A dark tide rises to the east - an army of such size and power that all the land is made quick to worry. Their leader is a man named Temujin, who has adopted the title Genghis Khan. He sweeps across the lands, conquering and subsuming all who stand in his way. Whatever his motives, he must be stopped. Were I younger, I might attempt to undertake this work in secret - as I suspect the presence of a Piece of Eden. But those days are years gone, now. The mantle must be passed. It is time she and I spoke with our sons. We will travel there together, that they may be tested and that this threat might be stopped.

So Altair and his sons go there, and they stop Genghis Khan.

However, when you go down into the Vault under Villa Auditore, the Statue of Qulan Gal states this:

Atop this pedestal stands a statue of WULAN GAL, the male Mongolian assassin. He used a BOW AND ARROW to shoot Gheghis (Spelling error on statue, should be 'Genghis') Khan's horse.

So Altair must have started up an Assassin order in Mongolia, and Qulan Gal helped kill Khan by de-horsing him. Otherwise this is a blatant contradiction.

Your thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
"used a bow and arrow to shoot Genghis Khan's Horse

mjagger916
11-07-2010, 09:47 AM
^^^
"On August 18, 1227, during his last campaign with the Western Xia Empire of the Tanguts, Genghis Khan died. The reason for his death is uncertain. Many assume he fell off his horse, due to old age and physical fatigue..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genghis_Khan

I believe they ment Qulan Gal shot Genghis Khan's horse and he fell off and died.

DarkicoN14
11-07-2010, 10:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

Ah. Thanks, i never knew this. Excuse my ignorance, but where is this info? I must be missing something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The stuff about Adha is in Bloodlines (I think). And the stuff about Maria is in ACII. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Adha is in altairs chronicles a DS game, where as maria is in bloodlines where its mainly just to finish off the ending of altairs life and explain how he and maria got involved. although since there is more of his life that i wouldve liked to see

Nadaclos
11-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Well if this information is relevant i must said:

SPOILER:

When you end the bloodlines on PSP Altair is with Maria and both decided to travel to east, so there is a huge chance that the fortess love esscene happend before they travel and their kids born in another land not Cyprus.

Shadowchsr79
11-10-2010, 09:40 AM
One thing that always frustrates me is when they make side stories to the main games yet the only way to truly know the story is to have the portable gameing systems and games to buy them. I wish that maybe they would also make something like this available as a downloadable option since consoles can download content now. Adha is briefly mentioned in AC1, though. One of the informants inquires about his progress in finding out Adha's whereabouts. And with that other teaser mention in the codex, it's frustrating to not know or see the story unless one owns a PSP or DS or other handheld game. I'm sorry, i'm going off topic. I just thought it is worth mentioning that Adha is mentioned in ACI as well.

I think a more pertanant question is not just a question of his son, but I believe he mentioned having more than on in the Codex. Provided they also have their father's skill and ability to survive against massive odds, it'd be interesting to follow where his family would have branched out into. After all Desmond and Subject 16 have Ezio as a common ancestor and they never knew each other. It makes me hope that the Assassin's order isn't as close to loosing as we are led to believe. what if each branch of Altair's family or clan is put in charge of guarding additional pieces of eden? And I'm wandering off topic again. Sorry. I'll end this now before someone yells at me.

Mazurus
03-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Hey, I think that I discover something (Excusme for my English, Im Argentinian), In AC2 when Desmond dream that he is Altair, (And you see Altair "girlfriend"), and when Altair make a faith jump and Desmond ask why the camera keep with maria and this one focus in his stomach, I think that is showing us that Maria was Pregnant, and if the cam keep with Maria and her "Son" i think that is another memory, the memory of the Altair Son.

That is what I think, cya.

elvindrummer
03-15-2011, 07:17 PM
someone refresh my memory Maria is in AC! correct? or is she just in bloodlines? I can't remember I plan on going back to that game after I finish brotherhood and playing through it again.

The creed wiki says Altair had at least two sons with Maria (I know it was written by fans). I think we know this from the codex and obviously we know that she is pregnant with one of Desmonds ancestors from AC2. So my theory is maybe they did go to Mangolia and met with a brotherhood there or something.

elvindrummer
03-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Mazurus:
Hey, I think that I discover something (Excusme for my English, Im Argentinian), In AC2 when Desmond dream that he is Altair, (And you see Altair "girlfriend"), and when Altair make a faith jump and Desmond ask why the camera keep with maria and this one focus in his stomach, I think that is showing us that Maria was Pregnant, and if the cam keep with Maria and her "Son" i think that is another memory, the memory of the Altair Son.

That is what I think, cya.

Yup thats why he stays back. At first I was like huh? then I realized ohhhhh this is how he has descendants

Mazurus
03-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Yeah, Thats it, Desmond maybe have a desendant, the son of Altair, and that dream was a memory of Son of Altair, and not a memory from Altair.

Great Game, I hope to Ubisoft keep doing this game, for the action, the history and the critic of society!, Ubisoft, you rock!..xD

SirhcTheCat
12-06-2011, 11:35 AM
ummm...altiar has two sons actually and one of them was mudered

UrDeviant1
12-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by SirhcTheCat:
ummm...altiar has two sons actually and one of them was mudered

Bare in mind these comments date back to March, before ACR's release.