PDA

View Full Version : Heres my take on all this....

Bearcat99
12-17-2004, 06:53 AM
In 2002 I was a die hard CFS flyer. Then in the summer of 02 I discoverd IL2 Sturmovik. I flew in CFS1 about 4 more times and have been here ever since. CFS3 never even had a chance after I discovered IL2. That was the original... you know the Easten Front sim..... No ponies.... no Jugs..... no carriers.... no P-40s... no Spitfires... no Hurris..... no B-25s.... no Corsairs... no P-38s..just the Yaks,Laggs,Las,IL2s,Mes,FWs etc... and the P-39. No London.... no Paris.... unfamiliar places for the most part in planes I had never heard of...except for the Germanonesof course... andI loved it. My point is...... if there are no more aircraft added to this sim period.. for whatever reson.. the product we now have is what so many of us wished for back then.... but we flew it anyway.... even if it didnt have what we wanted.. because it was good...... very good. So I look at it this way... when I came to IL2 and loved it I only dreamed about the very thing we have now...... so AFAIC.... I got a good deal. I paid $49 for my copy of IL2..... I think that they had to tweak the IL2 engine for FB so that all the other planes could be possible.. thats why FB was a "new" product... not an add on like it was concieved... they had to broaden the code or have too many planes with too similar FMs..... I paid $49 for FB..... $39 for the AEP.. and $39 for PF.... and I dont feel ripped off at all. In the 2+ years I have been in this sim I got everything I wanted when I first discovered it... and the thrill for me is still there. My heart rate still goes up when I have a bandit on my six be it AI or human .... I still get that frustarted Grrrrrr in my jaws when I spin out into the ground or muck up a landing... only now it happens when I crash into the island too.... I guess what I am saying to the old timers is ...... remember the old days.. what you had and what you have...... I like this better...to the new guys.... remember where you were before you came here and what your simming was like. It was probably fun.... H@ll I had a BALL in CFS... but this is different. This sim is an experience that I still enjoy to this day... and nothing, not a "thing" anyway... something that can be purchased in a store... has brought me as much enjoyment as this sim has for as long as it consistently has. Thats what amazes me so much about it. The fact that after 2 years.. I still enjoy it.....every day.. For me that is pretty amazing. I tend to get bored with things pretty quickly. I hope that BoB is not put in jeapordy by all this recent stuff but I will be enjoying the h@ll out of this sim as if it were the last WW2 sim on Earth...... it is certainly the best, even as it is at this very moment.

Jasko76
12-17-2004, 06:58 AM
How could tables have turned so suddenly? I can't believe this is actually happening. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Bearcat99
12-17-2004, 07:06 AM
Keep in mind that all this may be moot....... we may all be getting bent overan issue that will resolve itself..... but if it doesnt then we still have a heck of a product. One that I intend to enjoy for a long time.

TgD Thunderbolt56
12-17-2004, 07:11 AM
I suppose this will put a kink in the projected release of any pending patch...but I'll continue to fly and enjoy the spectacular game we currently have as well.

TB

carguy_
12-17-2004, 07:17 AM
I`m ok with IL2 if there are no more planes to add.

I`m afraid about what can happen in the future.I really don`t like to make a show of this,I just wonder if this is our last opportunity to see US/GB planes with all their historical appearance.

Like in racing games if I see that a car is named "Pony" instead of Ford Mustang it really turns me off.

Hopefully none of this considers German aircrafthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jasko76
12-17-2004, 07:17 AM
Actually I'm not so much concerned about this game, it's brilliant as it is, like you said Bear. But I've always presumed that something bigger is waiting around the corner, the BoB... And now it may be so that we'll never see it... That would be a ****ty thing!

bigchump
12-17-2004, 07:25 AM
"Not enough room on the CD's" has been replaced by "greedy aircraft companies are preventing the release of American planes".

I don't believe a word of it, not one word.

Cheers!
bigchump

Ankanor
12-17-2004, 07:41 AM
I remember Somebody said quite a long time ago that in the near future sim producers would have to pay to the trademark holders to include aircraft in the game... He was laughed at...

-HH-Quazi
12-17-2004, 08:33 AM
I think that if there are $$$ to be paid in order for Oleg to continue his work, that it will get paid. The burden will be transferred to the consumer in higher prices on the sim(s). If it doesn't work out that way, and Oleg and Ubi have to part ways, then another software developer will snatch him up to create for them and be happy to pay royalties for use of ac. And if that doesn't happen, then look at what we already have. I, like BC, was happy with the original. I have been here for the whole ride. It was worth the $200+ I have spent to enjoy it. But I'm telling you all, it isn't over.

GT182
12-17-2004, 08:53 AM
I thinks it's about time Oleg parted company with UBI..... They didn't protect him from piracy and now this.... come on.

I know a company that would take Oleg and his team at the drop of a hat. And, protect him and their investment too.

Capt._Tenneal
12-17-2004, 09:06 AM
Some of these companies don't even exist anymore. Aren't these planes public domain by now ? Geez, it's been 60+ years since they've been active in the skies in great numbers. (all this talk of licensing...) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

sapre
12-17-2004, 09:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bigchump:
"Not enough room on the CD's" has been replaced by "greedy aircraft companies are preventing the release of American planes".

Cheers!
bigchump <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
blah blah blah
yeah yeah yeah.

Capt._Tenneal
12-17-2004, 09:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sapre:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bigchump:

Cheers!
bigchump <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
blah blah blah
yeah yeah yeah. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey a Beatles reference cool ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

joeap
12-17-2004, 09:28 AM
Ok, I don't care if we don'^t get any more US planes. I would have liked two, a flyable B-17 and TBF (for carrier torpedo fun).
However:
We are getting more Japanese content, GOOD.

I'd like to see more British FAA content, Swordfish, Fulmar, Barracuda.

JU-88, nuff said,

Pe-2

I would like to see more ships, US BBs possible, unless the shipyards that made them get greedy too. More IJN and maybe European ships.

We got plenty of tanks for a flight sim.

Maps maps maps, don't see any copyright problem here.

So I'm not stressed.

blairgowrie
12-17-2004, 09:35 AM
More planes would have been nice but I will gladly settle for what we have now, if there is an issue about adding more.

Heck, I have barely scratched the surface of this great game as it is. There is more than enough to keep me fully occupied for years to come.

Cossack13
12-17-2004, 09:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carguy_:
I`m ok with IL2 if there are no more planes to add. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Pe-2! Ju-88!

Hey, I'm all for a return to the Eastern Front!

F0_Dark_P
12-17-2004, 09:43 AM
i hope they solve this either it is a legal issue or not, and i really hope this is just exaggerated BS by us here in the sim community, even if 1c would fall which i doubt, i dont think il2 will die, we are to many dedicated people that loves this game, and look at quake for example that community is still alive without their id software behind them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

VF-29_Sandman
12-17-2004, 10:04 AM
even if we dont get any new planes for whatever reason, it might benifit the planes already in it. possibly getting the fm's of certain planes up to what they were like back in the days of glory. name 1 developer that even attempted to do what we have now. oleg's sims makes the other's look weak.

RedDeth
12-17-2004, 11:57 AM
you guys have ALL fell for the biggest IL-2 conspiracy theory yet.

this is even bigger than the debate about RBJ being a real person or just made up.

get a life its all bogus. we have 3 jugs now and 8 corsairs. why not 1 more of each?

ill tell you why. oleg and co. dont want the game unbalanced in favor of the evil empire. or such as they perceive it...my usa. at least thats my take on it. maybe im wrong. but im not wrong about this bogus conspiracy theory of copyright infringement.

mortoma
12-17-2004, 12:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedDeth:
you guys have ALL fell for the biggest IL-2 conspiracy theory yet.

this is even bigger than the debate about RBJ being a real person or just made up.

get a life its all bogus. we have 3 jugs now and 8 corsairs. why not 1 more of each?

ill tell you why. oleg and co. dont want the game unbalanced in favor of the evil empire. or such as they perceive it...my usa. at least thats my take on it. maybe im wrong. but im not wrong about this bogus conspiracy theory of copyright infringement. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, you are wrong, and it's not copyright infringement, it's trademark violation. It's no longer a theory, but a known fact by many of us. It's just that 'officially' it's not talked about and we don't know the tiny little details yet. The reason why it's hush, hush is because the resolution of the problem is ongoing.

AFJ_Locust
12-17-2004, 12:18 PM
No the problem is the P47 the new one was almost going to be added & now some bs pops up

LOL unbelivable http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

RedDeth
12-17-2004, 12:19 PM
rgr that mortoma. you are in the know. i believe you.

i also believe in santa and elves....ive seen them flying online in warclouds you know.....

LilHorse
12-17-2004, 12:20 PM
I'm one of the very few who hasn't DL'd the beta (3.02bm). I've been waiting patiently for the "official" patch to come out. So, here's my question: does all this mean that the official patch may not come out? 'Cause if that's the case I'm gonna DL the beta. I've gone too long without online flying and if the official patch is gonna get held up I may as well go for what we do have.

Airmail109
12-17-2004, 12:22 PM
we wil get the patch, be sure. Maybe not with a p-47 but maybe oleg could go oooooooooooooooooops it must have been leaked.....what a shame...oh well! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

WIFC_subg
12-17-2004, 12:45 PM
i think that we have already expected too many planes in too many scenarios, im gonna get possible hassle here but this sim has always been an Eastern front sim, that was the joy of it and thats its strength. In my opinion the whole PTO thing has detracted from the quality of an already great Sim and PF should be developed as a whole new game after BOB especially if this US plane BS is real. i know many statesiders have longed for their planes but this sim is called IL2 Sturmovic and i believe thats what it does best and a more dedicated PF sim would surely be a better option.
As for future developments i think that if BOB is as good as it could be judging by Olegs previous form and especially if it has uber realistic elements added then it would be not be wrong for him and whoever he is working with (ubi or others) to 1. charge more, and 2. have pay per plane addons but free patches of other stuff. i would also welcome a super real version of the sim which could warrant an even bigger price.
But whatever happens with AEP/PF i know its a great game and im also relieved to hear further positive mention of the next gen with BOB

StellarRat
12-17-2004, 12:52 PM
Once we know all the facts about this (which we don't) why don't all of us that are sitting *****ing about this write a nice letter to Northrup explaining the situation and asking them to reconsider? I'm sure some low level manager over there is responsible for this notice to Oleg and doesn't realize the what he is doing to Northrup's standing with the flight sim community. Trust me, these big companies care about what the public thinks. If they lose one real sale of a plane because of this they'll probably lose more money then anything they'd make from Oleg or UBI to use their plane names. There are many present and future pilots and others on here that have or will have an impact on the aircraft industry. And quit picking on the lawyers, they only do what the company tells them to do.

RedDeth
12-17-2004, 12:53 PM
"In my opinion the whole PTO thing has detracted from the quality of an already great Sim and PF should be developed as a whole new game after BOB especially if this US plane BS is real."

WIFC_subg i hate to break this to you but PF has already been developed and released. its a finished product in stores now.It is not IL2 so you wont find russian planes in it either.

nickdanger3
12-17-2004, 01:12 PM
RBJ isn't real?

RedDeth
12-17-2004, 03:16 PM
"RBJ isn't real?"

I know the answer to that one