PDA

View Full Version : landing planes not disapearing anymore: so what?

Luftcaca
11-24-2004, 01:25 PM
yeah at first I thought it was a pretty cool feature, but not so much anymore

I was flying 109F4 in 1941, met a couple of Pe3's over a russian airfield. 2 of em had already landed, I managed to shot down the two others (why cant AI break landing procedures in order to fight back anyway?) then I attacked the Pe3 that laready had landed. I clipped the left wing of the first one, I heard my wingman yelling me: GOOD KILL GOOD KILL...

...then the plane disapeared without the ennemy plane destroyed mention on the right of the screen

same stuff for the other landed Pe3.

you have to make the grounded ennemy plane EXPLODE in order to get the kill. if you chop it in half it will only disapear, not counting for a kill or even a destroyed plane

once again, as it is the case for a LOT of things in FB/ACE/PF ; good idea, not well implemented... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

btw Im sorry to be such a nag lately, but lately it seems to me like the game was trying to expose all its flaws to me... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

SeaFireLIV
11-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Yawn.... twas this type of whine that got permanent planes deleted, which ruined the whole feel of RTBing then it was returned. It adds immeasurably to the sim and allows for REAL base strikes on landed enemy aircraft. So what if you don`t get the kill for half a broken aircraft? Thankfully, you`re the ONLY one to complain.

Most of us like the fact that planes now hang around!

But that won`t stop you.

LuftKuhMist
11-24-2004, 02:30 PM
Seafire, why don't you go draw something instead of loosing time attacking Luftcaca?

This would benefit both of you.

No irony intended.

adriatic
11-24-2004, 02:32 PM
Oleg told us they are not perfect.

Why don't you sit and start to write a better program if you maybe think it is easy?

Luftcaca
11-24-2004, 02:35 PM
hahaahahahaha omg!
as the master of all buttlickers Seafire, I was expecting a lil better from you...

First of all, going back to elementary school and take a reading course might be what you need
since you obviously missed to point big time, and believe me, even the 3 years old sis that I
dont have would have got it:

I LIKE THIS FEATURE
I THINK ITS GREAT THAT THE PLANES STAY INSTEAD OF DISAPEARING

but I dont like the fact that they disapear after I made a pass at em while my wingman yell that
I just scored one kill, without ending with the kill, of course

thats what I dont like, and dont tell me it wasnt clear in my first post, IT WAS, LOOK:

once again, as it is the case for a LOT of things in FB/ACE/PF ; good idea, not well implemented...

get da hint Mr Smarty Pants???

of course you missed it in the first place, cuz, as usual, you saw something about a poster
pointing out at a thing that should be correted, instead of trying to understand and try to add
some intelligent output to the subject, you only saw an opportunity to buttlick your way to some 1C
game manual THANKS section...how sad...

Luftcaca
11-24-2004, 02:51 PM
Why don't you sit and start to write a better program if you maybe think it is easy?

first of all, I never said it was easy, but it CANT be that tough isnt it? A plane badly damaged on the ground by a fighter SHOULD be counted as a kill, when it disapears, DOT, not that tough huh? of course I can live without it, but heh, I thought that whats ORR stood for? Trying to help the devs by adding imput about what COULD be changed and corrected in order to make a great game even better

but nah, instead, we should reply to everyone that points out at an issue: heh why dont you make your OWN game then huh?

Pathetic...no other word...
I feel like telling a baby to NOT put his fingers up his nose....for christs sake

LuftKuhMist
11-24-2004, 03:09 PM
-"**** it man, my car's brakes ceased to work suddently and I just rammed an old lady. After this my engine caught fire and I was disfigured in the ensuing crash! I barely escaped with my life... I think I'm going to sue the company that sold me that car."

-"You're just a whiner, if you're so smart, just design a better car, mr. smarty pants! (that should own him adequately)"

Luftcaca
11-24-2004, 03:12 PM
hahaahahaaah

even better than the original one

SeaFireLIV
11-24-2004, 03:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LuftKuhMist:
Seafire, why don't you go draw something instead of loosing time attacking Luftcaca?

. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha! Are you really dumb enough to think that`s clever? I was waiting for the first sad child to come out with that one for nigh on a year! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

I`m really beginning to wonder whether you and Luftcaca are the one and same person or in love! One`s never without the other! I expected nothing but diatribes from the two of you, but was not going to let you idiots get away with whining about planes staying around on a flight. It`s people like you who simply enjoy whining for the hell of it, not to help make IL2 better!

Your whines are NEVER helpful or constructive.

Mark my words, I`ll keep my eye on you both! For as long as it takes!

Luftcaca
11-24-2004, 05:14 PM
I`m really beginning to wonder whether you and Luftcaca are the one and same person or in love

HAHAHAH
wow, lazerbrain heh?
obviously I and Lufty K are friends, two diff persons who knew each other WAYYYY b4 this game ever came out, we had a similar taste for flight sims and logically we both ended here to post about stuff we liked and some other we liked less

of course if you have enough time to waste to watch us both and discover whatever pleases you, you're are free to do so, its up to you of course http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

and of course, you think I just come here to WHINE, with no expectations about what it should do?

wrong again

I come here, RESPECTFULLY post about what I think COULD be better. See? thats were you fail to get it, I LOVE this game, its great BUT it could be even better! Do you think I go waste my time on ordinary games forums?? nah, Il2 rises above the rest, especially when talking about flight sims, thats why I think it is worth it and share with others the stuff I think could/should be better.

And I have this crazy feeling that EVERYTIME I try to point out at an issue, you come here and try to remove any credibility from my posts. if I mention something negative about the AI, you either come in and say something thats not even related to the main point of my topic, or you start your OWN buttlickin thread!! now THATS what I call not being helpful at ALL!

care to elaborate on WHY we are not helpful?
I think we are, by pointing out at the issues that NEED some tweaking, in order to make it even better, instead of doing like YOU, which is: dicrediting everyone that comes here under 1000 posts who claims that this or that should be fixed, crossing your arms saying everything's good in the best of the worlds, then a lil brown-nosing session and then calling it icecream?

oh btw, if my posts would be total cr*p, not helpful and agaisnt what ORR stands for, dont you think CrazyIvan would have told me or something? I dont recall having a warning or something...

Gato__Loco
11-24-2004, 05:46 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

plumps_
11-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Back on topic.

I guess there's a reason why this was implemented: If you damage an aircraft that is waiting to take off on the runway, the aircraft that wait behind it would simply run into it if it didn't get removed within a few seconds. It doesn't look good to see a line of 7 aircraft run into each other. It only happens on airbases anyway. Think of it like the ground crew have removed the plane.

Luftcaca
11-24-2004, 07:26 PM
yeah I know what you mean plumps, talking about planes that TAKEOFF, I agree wholeheartedly

but here I was mainly talking about planes that have landed, and remain on the ground as planes with an elaborated DM's instead of vanishing, and I will repeat it cuz obviously some of us really struggle big time to get it, I LIKE THIS FEATURE. But when you destroy the plane on the ground, by destroying I mean the plane has suffered enough damage to suppose that it wont never be repaired, your wingman calls the kill, but the plane simply vanish and you dont get the kill. either stop the wingman from calling the kill or give the kill to the player when the plane vanishes. I know its a small issue, but I reckon it wouldnt be that hard to fix and it would make of a great game an even better game. Remember everyone that often, the small details make something great!

but, as some say, we should just stop coming here and programm our own game cuz of course what Im saying here is puke, not constructive and I suck...

ImpStarDuece
11-24-2004, 07:53 PM
IBTL

LuftKuhMist
11-24-2004, 07:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Mark my words, I`ll keep my eye on you both! For as long as it takes! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MARK MY WORDS TOO: I don't care if you're stupid enough to try being the justice patrol of asslickers around here, I don't really care.

Keep your eye on me, like you have any authority, like you can actually DO something about and like I should care.

I was VERY serious, and if you prefer wasting time attacking one of my buddies, it's your problem and I'll always hear about it AND I'll always have pleasure laughing at you. Bye.

VW-IceFire
11-24-2004, 08:19 PM
I for one enjoy the fact that you can see who made it back to base when you arrive (assuming you aren't first).

Its a good feature. I don't care if I get kill credit or not. Matters little.

LuftKuhMist
11-24-2004, 11:07 PM
I don't care much also about kill hunting right now, else it's frustrating.