PDA

View Full Version : Cat and Mouse Game

BowfinSS287
12-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Does anyone have any info on the destroyer AI ?
will SHV have a much better counter-attack than
previous titles,i found in SHIV the destroyers
were either blind as a bat,or could see to the bottom of the sea. The dropping of depth charges was either off by miles or right down my periscope. i would really like to see the return of a well played counter attack,like we saw in AOD..(Aces Of The Deep) the sub could take heavy damage...counter attacks were long.
watch the movie Das Boot and you'll know what i'am looking for in a sub sim....message ends.

Maverick_U2007
12-15-2009, 06:12 AM
One of the things I noticed in the orginal release of the game was the apparent ineptitude of the Destroyers, they were dead easy to sink and couldn't hit a barn door.

Try TMO, (Trigger Maru Overhauled) and it will change your opinion...I find that they are way better at performing their Anti Submarine duties...I have a long list of 'Campaign deaths' to prove it.

Maverick

sakai2005
12-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by BowfinSS287:
Does anyone have any info on the destroyer AI ?
will SHV have a much better counter-attack than
previous titles,i found in SHIV the destroyers
were either blind as a bat,or could see to the bottom of the sea. The dropping of depth charges was either off by miles or right down my periscope. i would really like to see the return of a well played counter attack,like we saw in AOD..(Aces Of The Deep) the sub could take heavy damage...counter attacks were long.
watch the movie Das Boot and you'll know what i'am looking for in a sub sim....message ends.

This is why sh2 was such a great game.Combined with destroyer command you realy had to out think your oponent.Too bad the developers dont see this.for me no human destoyer command =no intrest.