PDA

View Full Version : Great detail , but dumb aces!!!(and track playback prob)

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 11:57 PM
After getting the patch, I was wondering how are the aces right now.. and well (i was expecting to die without any chance)to makea test: I flown My P-39 against almost all aces in FB, but the only one that realy put problems was Pokryshkin, (cuz he was flying an airacobra too) and Kozhedub.
The test were the same: one vs one, starting from 100m, in QMB, ant the result was almost the same theyb all got down in flames, escept Safonov, wich blow up in air in his I-16.
Notice on Kovacs and Graf, after The first "Head on" they kept flying without any interes for the fight.
This was the recipe: Strting from 100m in a P-39 Q1, climb as high as you can( I usualy got to about 1400m) before you met the enemy ace, and then he will attemt to get near you , and climb at almost 90 degree, therefore loosing alot speed, from here was quite easy, I posted behind them, and from here was a game...
yes were cases(Pokryshkin) when I had to come directly Head on with them and I got Killed, but usualy I never had to try more then one time....
Now the prob: I recorded a track with Kovacs, and Durand, but the one with duradn gives me an eroor, about being modified, even I haven't touche it, and the Kovacs one shows me firing without sense. and no fight between us...
Any iddea??
I'l try makin' others.
Try it, they aren't much of chalenge./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

<center>"The show must go on..."<center>
<center>http://www.btinternet.com/~jj_b/vaw/images/iar81t.jpg </center>
<center>A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great'
landing is one after which they can use the plane again<center>

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 11:57 PM
After getting the patch, I was wondering how are the aces right now.. and well (i was expecting to die without any chance)to makea test: I flown My P-39 against almost all aces in FB, but the only one that realy put problems was Pokryshkin, (cuz he was flying an airacobra too) and Kozhedub.
The test were the same: one vs one, starting from 100m, in QMB, ant the result was almost the same theyb all got down in flames, escept Safonov, wich blow up in air in his I-16.
Notice on Kovacs and Graf, after The first "Head on" they kept flying without any interes for the fight.
This was the recipe: Strting from 100m in a P-39 Q1, climb as high as you can( I usualy got to about 1400m) before you met the enemy ace, and then he will attemt to get near you , and climb at almost 90 degree, therefore loosing alot speed, from here was quite easy, I posted behind them, and from here was a game...
yes were cases(Pokryshkin) when I had to come directly Head on with them and I got Killed, but usualy I never had to try more then one time....
Now the prob: I recorded a track with Kovacs, and Durand, but the one with duradn gives me an eroor, about being modified, even I haven't touche it, and the Kovacs one shows me firing without sense. and no fight between us...
Any iddea??
I'l try makin' others.
Try it, they aren't much of chalenge./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

<center>A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great'
landing is one after which they can use the plane again<center>

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 12:49 AM
If you regretfully, missed this...