PDA

View Full Version : Symbol

ValiantM
04-18-2009, 05:21 AM
I noticed today that on the forums banner the Assassin has a new symbol on his hidden blade hand.

I might have overlooked it before so it might have already been discussed - what do you guys think?

Taken a screenshot but don't know how to show it.

ValiantM
04-18-2009, 05:21 AM
I noticed today that on the forums banner the Assassin has a new symbol on his hidden blade hand.

I might have overlooked it before so it might have already been discussed - what do you guys think?

Taken a screenshot but don't know how to show it.

ValiantM
04-18-2009, 06:09 AM
I've retaken a thorough look at the first and second trailer...with 3D glasses (like those you get in the cinema). The only new thing I saw was that alot of those hexagons are more prominent but more interesting is this:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5585/equations.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=equations.jpg)
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/equations.jpg/1/w640.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img16/equations.jpg/1/)

Someone had already talked about a formula somewhere on the forums, this seems to be a molecule diagram containing N (nitrogen), OH (Hydrogen peroxide) and O (oxyden).

Rycul
04-18-2009, 10:50 AM
These hexagons your talking about are a molecular diagram showing indeed Nitrogen, Hydrogenperoxide and Oxygen. Although Ubi probably just made some stuff up for this because H (hydrogen) doesn't bind to more than 1 other atom, but that's not visible in your pic because it only shows a part of the diagram.

EDIT: It may or may not be worth to mention here: During the Renaissance (In which AC2 takes place, as we all know by now) knowledge and theories about atoms and molecules developed itself. Ofcourse not to the level of understanding of today, but still. (Actually there was this guy called Isaac Beeckman who thought stuff was made up of 4 elements: Water, Fire, Earth and Air XD) Although these developments took place well after Da Vinci died (whom's lifespan i took to check AC2's date of play) it's still fun to tell here and show off to everyone how well i can google/wiki :P

craxe
04-18-2009, 05:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rycul:
These hexagons your talking about are a molecular diagram showing indeed Nitrogen, Hydrogenperoxide and Oxygen. Although Ubi probably just made some stuff up for this because H (hydrogen) doesn't bind to more than 1 other atom, but that's not visible in your pic because it only shows a part of the diagram.

EDIT: It may or may not be worth to mention here: During the Renaissance (In which AC2 takes place, as we all know by now) knowledge and theories about atoms and molecules developed itself. Ofcourse not to the level of understanding of today, but still. (Actually there was this guy called Isaac Beeckman who thought stuff was made up of 4 elements: Water, Fire, Earth and Air XD) Although these developments took place well after Da Vinci died (whom's lifespan i took to check AC2's date of play) it's still fun to tell here and show off to everyone how well i can google/wiki :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, he took the Air, Water, Fire, and Earth thing and connected them to blood, green bile, yellow bile, and i forget the last one. using this, he began to piece the world together by connecting everything to the four elements. It was the closest we had to modern biology until some guy (i forget his name)created the table of elements that slowly started to fill out.

Fairus60
04-18-2009, 11:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by craxe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rycul:

EDIT: It may or may not be worth to mention here: During the Renaissance (In which AC2 takes place, as we all know by now) knowledge and theories about atoms and molecules developed itself. Ofcourse not to the level of understanding of today, but still. (Actually there was this guy called Isaac Beeckman who thought stuff was made up of 4 elements: Water, Fire, Earth and Air XD) Although these developments took place well after Da Vinci died (whom's lifespan i took to check AC2's date of play) it's still fun to tell here and show off to everyone how well i can google/wiki :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, he took the Air, Water, Fire, and Earth thing and connected them to blood, green bile, yellow bile, and i forget the last one. using this, he began to piece the world together by connecting everything to the four elements. It was the closest we had to modern biology until some guy (i forget his name)created the table of elements that slowly started to fill out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that dude was Mendeleiv