PDA

View Full Version : How to back up campaigns???

MonsterZero1973
04-18-2006, 08:13 PM
I had bad experiences in the past where single player campaigns crashed on me after nearing 100 mission and all was lost due to permanent file damage. So I decided to back up my entire campaign directory periodically in case something like this happens again.

I made a copy of the "Missions/Campaign" directory and put it in a safe place. Then I launched the game and flew one more campaign mission. Then I exited the game, grabed the "old" "Missions/Campaign" directory and let it overwrite the new "Missions/Campaign" directory thinking I will be taken back to the campaign status from before I flew the new mission. Wrong! My 30+ mission campaign was destroyed! It's still listed together with the other campaign in progress but when I try to resume it I see blank windows where mission description and map used to be.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Crash_Moses
04-18-2006, 09:08 PM
hmmm...try deleting the campaigns from within the game before copying the backup. Might be an .ini or configuration file in another directory that needs to be changed too.

mortoma
04-18-2006, 09:12 PM
You have to back up the Users folder too. It has vital info regarding all your campaigns. If what's in the Users folders does not jive with the Campaigns folder info, you have problems.

WTE_Galway
04-18-2006, 11:00 PM
yep .. if you do not have a copy of teh users subdiretory for the relevant pilot you have lost it

Download IL2 STAB .. it will backup automatically for you