PDA

View Full Version : Stun sticks? Why not guns?

Benjaminrk
01-15-2010, 02:13 PM
In AC1 you hear over the intercom that assassins use guns to try to free Desmond. And the guards kill them with guns too.
So why the hell don't the guards in the end use guns to kill Desmond? Or at least have some with them for protection? Makes no sense to show up, only with stun sticks.
Please tell me..

Lazybeans
01-15-2010, 02:34 PM
I would think this thread has some kind of SPOILERS, first of all.

Because they don't want to kill Desmond. As Vidic said..."There's still so much work we have to do together!"

SupaX
01-15-2010, 02:35 PM
well they want Desmond and Lucky alive right? so they don't want to injure them badly cuz they aren't done with their work with Desmond. well this is my opinion

caswallawn_2k7
01-15-2010, 02:36 PM
they didn't want Desmond dead they still needed him. give a guard a gun he starts to get stressed and puts several rounds into Desmond they have lost their info until they can find another person with the same ancestors and abduct them and bring them back to the lab, then they also have to start over from the beginning as the subject would need to get use to the animus again.

bladencrowd
01-15-2010, 02:48 PM
What about tranquilizers?

caswallawn_2k7
01-15-2010, 02:53 PM
too many tranqs and your dead.

Benjaminrk
01-15-2010, 02:54 PM
The guards would have no chance if some one in the building had a gun. We already know from AC1 that assassins can use guns in modern day. And that templars know that. The guards ran in, in small numbers and with almost no protcetion at all.
Their plan to capture Desmond had almost failed from the beginning. Thats how I see it.
And yes no tranquilizers either.

Ureh
01-15-2010, 02:55 PM
lol none of them are disciplined enough to just shoot 1 tranquilizer?

what about a tazer? unless abstergo's guards will become too stressed out and taze desmond for too long?

bladencrowd
01-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Water balloons and some smoke bombs?

Benjaminrk
01-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Ureh:
lol none of them are disciplined enough to just shoot 1 tranquilizer?

what about a tazer? unless abstergo's guards will become too stressed out and taze desmond for too long?

Exactly! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Makes no sense they just ran in there to get slaughtered.

Lazybeans
01-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Benjaminrk:
The guards would have no chance if some one in the building had a gun. We already know from AC1 that assassins can use guns in modern day. And that templars know that. The guards ran in, in small numbers and with almost no protcetion at all.
Their plan to capture Desmond had almost failed from the beginning. Thats how I see it.
And yes no tranquilizers either.
I don't think they expected Desmond to put up that much of a fight, since I doubt they knew that Lucy et al. were "training" Desmond.

bladencrowd
01-15-2010, 03:00 PM
20-30 guards don't have the common sense to bring a weapon that can shoot from a range?

caswallawn_2k7
01-15-2010, 03:02 PM
don't joke about tazers they are nasty and home made ones are never ever a good idea. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Benjaminrk
01-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Lazybeans:
I don't think they expected Desmond to put up that much of a fight, since I doubt they knew that Lucy et al. were "training" Desmond.

So they chose to take 6 men and then just walk in there, hoping for the best. Man how does Abstergo even survive through the day? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I know you like the storyline and the universe. So do I. But what they do just calls out suicid. Eventhough they just thought they where there to pick up Desmond, any normal police force or just a random gang would at least make sure they could defend themselves with more than sticks.

DLTyrus
01-15-2010, 03:08 PM
The reason they didn't use guns or tazers or something is, in my opinion, because they had not yet figured out the gameplay mechanics of whole squads of enemies that have ranged weapons.

Lazybeans
01-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Benjaminrk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lazybeans:

So they chose to take 6 men and then just walk in there, hoping for the best. Man how does Abstergo even survive through the day? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I know you like the storyline and the universe. So do I. But what they do just calls out suicid. Eventhough they just thought they where there to pick up Desmond, any normal police force or just a random gang would at least make sure they could defend themselves with more than sticks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True. I guess the game developers didn't want to make the end of the game too hard, especially with the credits rolling down half of the screen, lol. But yeah, Desmond and Lucy could really kick butt and it didn't really seem fair.

Benjaminrk
01-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by DLTyrus:
The reason they didn't use guns or tazers or something is, in my opinion, because they had not yet figured out the gameplay mechanics of whole squads of enemies that have ranged weapons.

You are absolutly right. I think that is the explanation too. I did ever since I first saw it. Making a new action mechanic just for the end would be too much work if it was suppose to work right. But it's still a bit weird they included Desmond using an armblade in the end though.

kingbren08
01-15-2010, 03:15 PM
so... what all of you are saying is that it is completely unrealistic that someone thought that 6 people could capture one person?

Lazybeans
01-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by kingbren08:
so... what all of you are saying is that it is completely unrealistic that someone thought that 6 people could capture one person?
Not what I was saying. They didn't expect him to fight back so much.

caswallawn_2k7
01-15-2010, 03:18 PM
it's not in every country the police carry guns and with it being a small security firm and it looking like they are in Italy and not America there would be different gun laws (not sure what the gun laws are in Italy but doubt a private security firm could just walk round with them) a lot of people on here think guns are common because they think the game is set in America were just about anybody who can get their name correct can get a gun. (before any1 tries to flame this learn to take a joke)

Benjaminrk
01-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by kingbren08:

No... we are saying it ******ed to take 6 men who has no way to defend them selves with modern weapons, and then go into a building you know has assassins.

Benjaminrk
01-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
it's not in every country the police carry guns and with it being a small security firm and it looking like they are in Italy and not America there would be different gun laws (not sure what the gun laws are in Italy but doubt a private security firm could just walk round with them) a lot of people on here think guns are common because they think the game is set in America were just about anybody who can get their name correct can get a gun. (before any1 tries to flame this learn to take a joke)

He he I'm not going to flame it for that.
But we heard in AC1 over some kindof walkytalky or something, that Abstergo fires weapons to kill assassins, who wanted to Save Desmond. So Why not at least have 1 guard to hae a gun for protection?

DLTyrus
01-15-2010, 04:44 PM

Except, Abstergo aren't a "small security firm", they are the modern day incarnation of an order that seems to be running the entire world.

(Spoilers)

If they can orchastrate the second world war, they can certain get a few guns and storm a warehouse.

Azugo
01-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Haven't you heard guys? Guns are uncool these days. The real "cool" thing to do is carry around batons of sort. Gosh...

bladencrowd
01-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Should have known http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif.

h9876543211910
01-15-2010, 06:14 PM
It is kinda funny, a guard gets stabbed in the gut and the face by Desmond and the gaurds don't think twice about what they're using.

Azugo
01-15-2010, 10:54 PM
That isn't funny. At all. Being stabbed in the face isn't a funny matter. Trust me.

EDIT: At all.

InfernalTyrant
01-16-2010, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Azugo:
That isn't funny. At all. Being stabbed in the face isn't a funny matter. Trust me.

EDIT: At all. 'Tis when it's a video game.

Outlaw-BHA
01-16-2010, 03:59 AM
sorry for not knowing but i havnt been around these forums since the release, but how do we know that the Desmond actions are taking place in Italy?

OzDavis
01-16-2010, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Outlaw-BHA:
sorry for not knowing but i havnt been around these forums since the release, but how do we know that the Desmond actions are taking place in Italy? We don't know for sure, but if you play through the opening sequences with Desmond and Lucy again you'll notice that the signs (like in the Abstergo Car Park) are in Italian. Likewise there are Italian signs in the assassin's hideout.

FoxMcKalen
01-16-2010, 08:07 AM
Plus, if you look outside the windows in the hideout, the buildings outside resemble those in Florence in Ezio's day. From what I can remember, anyway.

But here's what makes me think Desmond is not physically in Italy. The place where he was held in Abstergo was filled with people who spoke English, with American accents. Actually, Shaun is the only present day character so far I can think of who doesn't speak with an American accent. And it wouldn't be possible for AC1 to be in America and AC2 in Italy, unless Lucy's car can surf over the Pacific. And finally, at the end of AC2, someone mentions a cabin up north. Something about a long drive. Brings to mind images of Canada, Alaska, or the Canadian-American border.

Bottom line is that if the game took place in Italy, I'd expect someone to speak Italian, or at least with an Italian accent. Maybe the higher ranking guys could be American, but surely they'd at least hire the guards locally. The game's been pretty good with dialect in the Animus. Why would that change when he steps out of the thing?

itsamea-mario
01-16-2010, 08:14 AM
maybe they only decided to have it in italy after ac1 hoping no one would notice. because in ac1 looking out of the window, that dont look like italy.

caswallawn_2k7
01-16-2010, 08:24 AM
but they don't want Desmond to know were he is, he could see out the window in abstergo but it looked like any generic city (no land marks) then on leaving abstergo Lucy puts him in the trunk (despite abstergo also being after he so she couldn't get through security at the gate either) then the next time Desmond is able to see anything is inside the hide out, so there is a chance Desmond was abducted from America and to make him think he is still in the states they have gone out of their way to keep everything Americanised.

there are only small hints it may be Italy and in abstergo they will of thought he would never see the parking garage and it's possible the assassins just missed the small sign in their hide out.

if you want some1 to cooperate and believe your lies you want them to think there is still a chance they will get home, also could be the reasoning behind putting him in the animus for the journey.

as for the cabin up in the north you have the entire Alps on the northern border of Italy that they could disappear into. not to mention Italy is one of southern most points in Europe meaning they could head into one of any number of other countries.

SUBJ3CT DELTA
01-16-2010, 08:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzcOCyHDqc

JakeMcQ
01-16-2010, 04:18 PM
I think that the game could be set anywhere outside the Animus. Why? Because of the American accents. However like was said earlier the windows offer no real details.

I think I have an idea of WHY Ubisoft is keeping us in the dark about the outside enviroment- it's a major plot point.

Abstergo and the Assassins are not letting Desomnd see because they are afraid that where he is or what is going outside would upset him to the point of being prematurely useless. I think that the outside is either largely destroyed or in the middle of a large scale war aside from the one between Assassins and Templars and neither side wants him to know who is responsible for it.

DLTyrus
01-16-2010, 04:37 PM
I think that the game could be set anywhere outside the Animus. Why? Because of the American accents. However like was said earlier the windows offer no real details.

I think I have an idea of WHY Ubisoft is keeping us in the dark about the outside enviroment- it's a major plot point.

Abstergo and the Assassins are not letting Desomnd see because they are afraid that where he is or what is going outside would upset him to the point of being prematurely useless. I think that the outside is either largely destroyed or in the middle of a large scale war aside from the one between Assassins and Templars and neither side wants him to know who is responsible for it.

This is an interesting idea, actually, one that hadn't really occured to me. I had always sort of taken it as implied that the Assassins/Templars war was fought in secret, but you never know, maybe they are hiding something. I mean it does seem odd that Lucy puts Desmond in the trunk, since Abstergo would recognise her as easily as him, and (possible minor spoilers I gues) again at the end he's in the back of a truck so he still can't see the outside world.

newtype78
01-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Lazybeans:
I would think this thread has some kind of SPOILERS, first of all.

Because they don't want to kill Desmond. As Vidic said..."There's still so much work we have to do together!"

I have said this before, you would be surprised how willing people are to do what you tell them when faced with a loaded gun!

DLTyrus
01-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Will say again, because I think its pointless to try and come up with a reason for why they wouldn't use guns or atleast tazers/tranqs, as there is really no sensible explanation other than the obvious: Ubisoft couldn't/didn't want to work out the mechanics for a gun fight for the sake of one 5 minute end of game sequence, and that is obvious by the fact that all the fight animations are the same: The guards you fight are just re-skinned renaissance guard with a re-moddeled sword.

GaM3r_010
01-17-2010, 09:41 AM
If they killed him, there wouldn't be a game now would there?