PDA

View Full Version : Hello again guys still having a problem

Macdaddy123
01-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks for reading..I am able to play the game now ...and although i have the shading and textures set at high it is definately not the case when i am playing the game. I know the scope on the gun should have a glass effect but its just as if there is no glass and just a red dot...when i get hit i now theres supposed to be a blured effect but instead the resolution goes to <span class="ev_code_RED">EDIT</span> and gets all blocky....I installed the new drivers as well as the new patch. AHHH WHY IS THIS HAPPENING I FEEL LIKE SUCH A NOOB...Peace brothas..heres my comp stats again...stil cant believe im having this problem

Geforce 8800GTX
Core Duo 2 E6700
2 Gigs
20''widescreen

By the way FEAR and Half Life 2 and far Cry all run maxed out..

<span class="ev_code_RED">Don't avoid the swearword filter it's there for a reason.</span>

Macdaddy123
01-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks for reading..I am able to play the game now ...and although i have the shading and textures set at high it is definately not the case when i am playing the game. I know the scope on the gun should have a glass effect but its just as if there is no glass and just a red dot...when i get hit i now theres supposed to be a blured effect but instead the resolution goes to <span class="ev_code_RED">EDIT</span> and gets all blocky....I installed the new drivers as well as the new patch. AHHH WHY IS THIS HAPPENING I FEEL LIKE SUCH A NOOB...Peace brothas..heres my comp stats again...stil cant believe im having this problem

Geforce 8800GTX
Core Duo 2 E6700
2 Gigs
20''widescreen

By the way FEAR and Half Life 2 and far Cry all run maxed out..

<span class="ev_code_RED">Don't avoid the swearword filter it's there for a reason.</span>

xxkangolxx
01-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Kinda sounds like one of your files are corrupt or altered to me.

Woosy
01-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Moved to Tech Help.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/Woosy/Fisherists/_sig.jpg (http://www.fisherists.com/)

HeXeDOSOK
01-04-2007, 04:33 PM
..damn..was replying and when I went to submit it freeked out because it had been moved. thanks goodness I always copy my reply before I hit submit:

One thing you might want to include is what driver version are you using? Also, please provide screenshots of what this effect looks like, and this scope issue you are having. It honestly sounds like it is acting normal. I know for me, if I look through one of those "red dot" type of sight on a gun, I do not see a "glass" affect, but just the red dot in the center. I would have to get a scoped gun that has a crosshair. Also, when I get hit, the resolution does get all weird, but I think that is the desired affect you are talking about.

Please provide screenshots because it is hard to get an idea of what you are explaining, since what you are explaining sounds very similar to what it should be running like.

If you would like to post your performance issues, and examples of this graphic issue, you might want to run fraps, and if you need a place to host it to show other people I may be able to help. You can also host it on YouTube. Just make a video with fraps so everyone can actually see what is going on.

Try different drivers. Right now I am using the 97.44's. They seem to be good. Can't wait till Forceware X, so maybe we will get some performance increase.