PDA

View Full Version : Speculate on this

GPNM
07-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Do you think there will be body part hit detection?

In other words, if you get hit in the leg by an arrow, will you slow down?
If you hit an enemy in the arm with you sword will he have less strength to attack you with?

moqqy
07-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by GPNM:
Do you think there will be body part hit detection?

In other words, if you get hit in the leg by an arrow, will you slow down?
If you hit an enemy in the arm with you sword will he have less strength to attack you with?

hopefully..

SCARFACE_47
07-17-2007, 09:47 AM
at least it will be like, when you get hit in the head you´re finished adn you can take 2 or 3 hits on the body, but not if you get a swrod straight in your body

SloppyCracker
07-17-2007, 11:35 AM
I can take an arrow in the head...

Augustus-Metz
07-17-2007, 12:14 PM
or if you hit a girls boob shes less attractive... jk... that would be awsome good post

lpcrispo
07-17-2007, 01:18 PM
its not a shooter... so I dont think this is really necessary!

GPNM
07-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by lpcrispo:
its not a shooter... so I dont think this is really necessary!
What does that have to do with anything?
This should be MORE realistic than a shooter.

ensangfroid
07-17-2007, 07:03 PM
I was wondering that myself. In realistic terms, if you are stabbed in the foot, it's going to be pretty hard for you to sprint off and clamber up the nearest wall, but if in gameplay you're stabbed or shot in the foot and are only limited to a walk, the guards would quickly catch up and kill you, and it would be just about as helpful as a one-hit kill anyway. Or, if you get a sword slice to the arm, you wouldn't be able to wield a weapon, so would Altair be limited to only his concealed blade? For the rest of the mission?

I don't know, I'm not really hoping for TOO much realism, especially since there hasn't been any mention of randomly placed, instant, magical health packs that restore health/function, unless simply resting for a certain amount of time helps the wounds, but then I don't want to have to wait around for five minutes after every skirmish with the guards for Altair to recover. I do hope, however, that there is a distinction between getting a blow to the limbs and a sword through the skull, but, for this type of a game, having Altair slow down when injured would end up being more of a pain to deal with than a neat function of gameplay. (How frustrating would it be to get shot with an arrow when you're fifty feet from the gate and on your way to freedom, then be reduced to a walk/shamble while the guards run up and hack you down?)

SloppyCracker
07-18-2007, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by ensangfroid:
I was wondering that myself. In realistic terms, if you are stabbed in the foot, it's going to be pretty hard for you to sprint off and clamber up the nearest wall, but if in gameplay you're stabbed or shot in the foot and are only limited to a walk, the guards would quickly catch up and kill you, and it would be just about as helpful as a one-hit kill anyway. Or, if you get a sword slice to the arm, you wouldn't be able to wield a weapon, so would Altair be limited to only his concealed blade? For the rest of the mission?

I don't know, I'm not really hoping for TOO much realism, especially since there hasn't been any mention of randomly placed, instant, magical health packs that restore health/function, unless simply resting for a certain amount of time helps the wounds, but then I don't want to have to wait around for five minutes after every skirmish with the guards for Altair to recover. I do hope, however, that there is a distinction between getting a blow to the limbs and a sword through the skull, but, for this type of a game, having Altair slow down when injured would end up being more of a pain to deal with than a neat function of gameplay. (How frustrating would it be to get shot with an arrow when you're fifty feet from the gate and on your way to freedom, then be reduced to a walk/shamble while the guards run up and hack you down?)

That would be funny. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

SCARFACE_47
07-18-2007, 04:42 AM
i allready liked it in the first kinda buggy demo at the xbok e3 interview line up where you are in that trap and you do those counterattacks with that great animation where you ram you sword in the guards foot and he grabs his foot in pain while you slash his face

ScytheOfGrim
07-18-2007, 05:07 AM
yeah, i think there will be hit detection. but i dont think if you get hit in the leg you wont be able to run.

i thik that it wont be fatal thats all. if you get hit in the foot, you dont die and you dont get impeded either... thats what i think...

SloppyCracker
07-18-2007, 05:09 AM
What if you get hit in the croch?

ScytheOfGrim
07-18-2007, 05:12 AM
hmmm...i wonder...

what if you leap of faith and land n your crotch???

owch...

SloppyCracker
07-18-2007, 05:19 AM
That's a lesson: Don't think of hot girls (or boys) when at work if you're an assassin. Instead think of you're granny in a leather suit... licking you're nipples... Mmm... Harder, i love you granny... Oh is this post still going?!? Oh ****!..

Skaevola
07-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by SloppyCracker:
That's a lesson: Don't think of hot girls (or boys) when at work if you're an assassin. Instead think of you're granny in a leather suit... licking you're nipples... Mmm... Harder, i love you granny... Oh is this post still going?!? Oh ****!..
Remind me not to sleep for a week... On second thought, I probably should never sleep again. Mess'd up.

I think if you were doing a leap of faith and landed on your crotch, nothing should happen except Altair would have a girl's voice during cutscenes. It'd be one heck of a hilarious easter egg. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

SCARFACE_47
07-18-2007, 09:49 AM
man that#s f*ckin SICK http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
if i would thik of that....damn i would use one of my guns for sure

the_assassin_07
07-22-2007, 02:31 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif I am really really disturbed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

-You can't escape the Assassin-

SCARFACE_47
07-22-2007, 02:50 PM
damn i forgot what this thread was about, now i read it again, see that post and i think i gotta puke, maybe it has something to do with american wedding:
-grannyf*cker
-you f*ck with mothers
-yes, your´s

Altair_92
07-22-2007, 02:50 PM
I think that they will probably put that in there. They had that in Resident Evil 4. If you shoot them in the knee enough, they would fall down. In the arm, they would stumble and I think sometimes drop their weapon. Shoot them in the head....well here's an example.

http://www.gamerseurope.com/images/articles/egn04nintendo/resident_evil_4.jpg

PS: Iv'e beaten it twice on Game Cube, and I have i for the PS2 so I still have to play it on there, and now my friend will be getting it for the Wii so I'll have to play it over there too. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Altair_92
07-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Augustus-Metz:
or if you hit a girls boob shes less attractive... jk... that would be awsome good post

I hate men like you. if you like boobs so much then go get your own pair made out of some fat guys lard.

Karl_93
07-22-2007, 03:00 PM
lol thats rite get im'!!
@wingfoot dude i hated that books ending!! (the dark tower) i took so long reading 7 books and at the end i was like **** no way!!

Karl_93
07-22-2007, 03:02 PM
lol thats rite get 'im!!

@wingfoot- dude i hated that books ending!! (the dark tower) i read 7 books just to get pissed at the ending!! seriously!! stupid cliffhangers..

SCARFACE_47
07-22-2007, 03:57 PM
when i think of body part detection i think of body parts and how to saw of body parts....uagh