PDA

View Full Version : AC2 DLC bundle pack request

DAS_COOL
03-18-2010, 05:10 AM
Hi guys,

Besides getting annoyed with no respond with locked save data, I'm wondering if Ubisoft will soon release a DLC bundle pack for AC2.

Since there seems to be nothing else to be added unto AC2, and all the dlc episodes are already released, I'm requesting for a bundle pack of ch 12, 13 and the tombs. This way it will be useful for those who didn't bought the white/black edition as well as enticing those who haven't jumped the dlc wagon.

What do u reckon?

Sypron
03-18-2010, 07:28 AM
I've got it on PC where the DLC comes on the disc, but I'm curious; why can't you just buy Ch12 and Ch13+tomb packs seperately? Its 2 transactions and all the same content rather than 1 transaction for the content, whats the problem?

(Also, you can't know that there wont be any more DLC which takes place outside of the Ch1-14 stream, or behaves as additional content to be played at any time (for instance the PC is getting some new content sometime soon)).

DAS_COOL
03-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Money for one! Also for simplicity. By bundling it up, it will cost less for those who wants it all.

Where those who have the black edition just need to buy ch 12 & 13.

Basically, it will benefit those who wants to buy them all, as well as enticing those who are not really into DLC by giving it a try if it's cheaper. This is especially true in European region. Unlike US PSN, they charge around 60% more.

US PSN
one chapter = $3.99US

Europe PSN
one chapter ~= $6.4US

Now you tell me how is that not beneficial to be bundled? Even tho I'll probably only save $1 or $2 by buying the bundle, at least those extra $1 or $2 can be used for other game's DLCs!

Errr... yea you can keep on dreaming, but beside bundling this DLC together, it is VERY unlikely that they'll release anymore DLC. Heck, they don't even care about fixing up the bugs that is still prevalent in the main game or the DLC for that matter. All they care right now is just making some stupid DRM and make AC3.

Sypron
03-20-2010, 12:14 AM
You do understand that pricing is determined by people, right? It's not a machine that does it.

'Bundle' is not synonymous with 'cheaper package'. You just assume that as soon as the products are sold together the price will magically lower itself. Some companies do this to encourage a larger transaction, but it does not happen automatically. What you are asking for is not all the available products grouped into one purchase. You are simply asking to pay less money because you intent to buy more things.

Just trying to help you understand that Ubisoft has no reason to bundle. All the products are available, and people who already own half the products can simply buy the ones they don't have. Ubisoft isn't going to just drop $2 off the price because you want to buy all the DLC at once and clicking the 'Confirm transaction' button twice hurts your hand.

Also, perhaps you didn't get the Email from Ubisoft.

We will be offering you additional game rewards to show our thanks for your patience and understanding. We will contact you soon with full details. - 13/04/2010

Black_Widow9
03-20-2010, 12:12 PM
I believe that email was for PC players. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

DAS_COOL
03-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Blackwidow.

Yea, even if Ubisoft sent that message, I wouldn't imagine it would be anything more than the release of the tombs dlc, but for free.

@Sypron: What are you talking about machine, double transaction and all that? Most if not all bundles are cheaper, even if it's just 1c cheaper, it is STILL cheaper!

Anyway, you're getting away from the main point, which is a request for the DLC bundle, because it will be cheaper, and so that it can entice AC2 fans for getting it.

Lots of people are kind of reluctant to get the dlc because not only it is expensive for a dlc that can't be replayed (except by making a new save), it is kind of a side story. If ubisoft can make the bundle, and lower the price, I'm sure more fans will download it.

Sypron
03-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by DAS_COOL:
[snip]

Considering there's only 2 products actually availible for purchase, I don't think "it'll cost me less" is really a valid argument to bundle the products.

Really, what you're asking for is for Ubisoft to just lower the price. Thats it.

I mean, If they had 5 or 6 products availible for purchase I would see your reasoning. Because some people would be uncertain about buying all of them at once, maybe.

But when there's just TWO products on the market, and most people are buying BOTH anyway, you're just asking for Ubisoft to drop the price. For no other reason than you'd like to pay less.

People are either going to buy the DLC or they won't, but the price has already been set. There's no reason to just lower the price now by 1c or 10c or $5.

DAS_COOL
03-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Obviously you've never heard of sales?

When the AC2 dlc 'fever' has gone down and Ubisoft wants to rake in easy money for those who were put off by their pricing, Ubisoft can lower the price and get the fans to finally download the dlc.

A lot of dlc are like this. They lowered the price after a few months of their release or lower it down for special events (anniversary, holiday etc).

Also you might not know about marketing, but here's how you can get people to buy off your products. By bundling them! By bundling them, you give your costumer a reason to why they would want to buy them now (cheaper and faster transaction). This would work a lot better of course with limited time deal.

Anyway, I won't be surprised if a bundle/reduced price wouldn't occur anytime soon, but I'm putting it out there for Ubisoft to realize that there are those out there who are put off by their current DLC standard.