PDA

View Full Version : Vegas I think it is applicable to PC ver as well ...

T2RVS
03-12-2006, 05:31 AM
http://www.gamersreports.com/news/1705/

Well I think Ubi is gathering from us here I think is for the sake of better improve Vegas pc. And I don't think they are going to build it from scratch for pc rs6 title.

So get ready for a linear game but what I hope for is only the Mp feature like that of RVS or better.

SODsniper
03-12-2006, 05:45 AM
I disagree...

While it is obvious that the two versions will share similiar events and missions (they would HAVE to) it has been made abundantly clear that the PC version will be DESIGNED for the PC.

We're not going to get a PC game that was first designed for a Console and then modified to work with a PC.

That is the signal that I am getting from UBI.

T2RVS
03-12-2006, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by SODsniper:
I disagree...

While it is obvious that the two versions will share similiar events and missions (they would HAVE to) it has been made abundantly clear that the PC version will be DESIGNED for the PC.

We're not going to get a PC game that was first designed for a Console and then modified to work with a PC.

Where did you get the signal from sniper? From a Ubi rep? Goliath? This forum heading only says pc working title it could be anything!!

So like what you said it is going to be unreal engine but the link i put there said clearly it is Ubi properitary engine.

And there have been already started developing...I think for me I am not going to like my hope get too high but either am I going to flame ubi.

Definitely they cannot be doing 2 titles now for sure. If they are doing Vegas pc now it is vegas not another pc titles. Come on if yo are Ubi does it make any business sense?

This is just my hypothesis....but hey be happy life goes on without them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

SODsniper
03-12-2006, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by T2RVS:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SODsniper:
I disagree...

Where did you get the signal from sniper? From a Ubi rep? Goliath? This forum heading only says pc working title it could be anything!!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the indications from Geiger and Goliath indicate that it is going to be designed for the PC. I am too lazy to dig up the posts but they should be easy to find. Just look for the threads started by Geiger. He flat out states that this will be a PC designed game.

So like what you said it is going to be unreal engine but the link i put there said clearly it is Ubi properitary engine.

I haven't actually said it was going to be an unreal engine. I am hoping and praying that it will be, and there seems to be a lot of fan support for that idea, but nothing is firm, as far as I know. As far as that link, it's really an interesting read. Has a lot of good info.

If true, that is a bummer that they will not be using the Unreal 3 Engine.

Geiger?? Goliath? Can you confirm that the engine has been determined?? It would be even better if you could confirm what it is.

And there have been already started developing...I think for me I am not going to like my hope get too high but either am I going to flame ubi.

Definitely they cannot be doing 2 titles now for sure. If they are doing Vegas pc now it is vegas not another pc titles. Come on if yo are Ubi does it make any business sense?

This is just my hypothesis....but hey be happy life goes on without them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

Well, things seem to be a lot better around here as far as UBI keeping us updated as much as they can.

Maybe they can comment on the info in that link of yours...

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/1705/

A lot of the info sounds really hot. Rappelling?? Way kewl! Destructable environments?? Yes!!

Would love to get some confirmation.

FWF.Osteo
03-12-2006, 06:51 AM
That link makes me think nothing was learned from LD... I hope Ubi is really paying attention to the Council... (lets see, linear game, no switching to team mates, no planning, graphics bells and whistles, hmmm)

SODsniper
03-12-2006, 06:55 AM
I wonder how much of that article is assumption and how much is based on factual info from UBI...

Deosl
03-12-2006, 10:00 AM
EGM has the lowdown on the newly announced Rainbow Six Vegas

Labeled With tom clancy rainbow six xbox360 playstation 3 ubisoft

Sounds like the transformation of R6 realism to 110% arcade shoot'em up is complete for consoles. Let's hope it doesn't happen on PC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
And what you think is not fact unless proven otherwise.

reggo
03-12-2006, 10:59 AM
http://www.gamersreports.com/media/450

Console manufacturers and game publishers seem to think that spectacular graphics with shiny light effects is all what is needed to make a game...

And conspiration theories aside, Vegas only looks as an advertisement for the graphics capabilities of 'next-gen' consoles...

*sigh*

But to be fair, I don't care at all about consoles. I just wish game publishers stop taking PC customers for idiots.

subzero1900
03-12-2006, 11:24 AM
the irony (graphics vrs Gameplay)

Example Lockdown

cracked goggle system (graphics) vrs the Gimp System (gameplay)

(if you have played the xbox version, you know what I mean)

They replaced the gimp system with cracked goggles, which didn't do anything besides blurr the players view, not hindering them in any way, they could see past it (expecially since it was cracked in the same place every time) the game was completely run and gun, there were no hindering limits that made the player think twice.

RIP Lockdown [xbox] you served an Example of what not to do in the future.

Aj6627
03-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Didn't Ubi also say that Lockdown PC was built for the PC? Didn't it turn out to be a port?

DayGlow
03-12-2006, 04:30 PM
no they said LD was rebuilt for the PC. The fact that they created a dx9 game engine is no small feat. Unfortunately it also used the map design and story system from the consoles which caused much of the complaints.

FI_FlimFlam
03-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Honestly folks, with a Q3 2006 release date for the next PC version do you really think they are coding something from scratch?

We are in the end of Q1 already. If they hold out for the end of Q3 that would be in the neighborhood of 6 months.

Heck, GRAW took a few YEARS for them to develop for the PC. I sincerely have my doubts that there will be much input that will actually be able to be used for the next iteration if they even HOPE to come close to the projected release date. If it was moved to Q1 2007 I might be able to accept something unique that isn't a build off of LD or another console build (Vegas for example). 6 months is an unrealistic target for any thing drastically different. Take that and remove at least 1 month for testing and it looks even more bleak.

Council members I know you are tossing stuff around and have some interaction with the devs, but I have to say I'm not expecting much to come of it with such a short dev cycle as they are projecting.

SODsniper
03-13-2006, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by FI_FlimFlam:

Council members I know you are tossing stuff around and have some interaction with the devs, but I have to say I'm not expecting much to come of it with such a short dev cycle as they are projecting.

If we can believe the EGM article, UBI has been working on this project for 2 years already.

That would be enough time for a truly PC designed game.

FI_FlimFlam
03-13-2006, 06:51 AM
Well goes to show ya, I should actually read the articles from the links posted LOL. Ok I retract most of what I said then http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

XsargenX
03-13-2006, 07:48 AM
Ubi:?

T2RVS
03-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by SODsniper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FI_FlimFlam:

If we can believe the EGM article, UBI has been working on this project for 2 years already.

That would be enough time for a truly PC designed game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I gathered that the two years they are referring is the Lockdown or GRAW engine not the game itself.

This engine can easily last for the next 5 yrs. If they put enough work into it. But from the in game video of graw I think the weakness of the devs is the AI. Looks like graw will be another LD. Provided they start doing something about it.

I really hope they do something about it!!!

Deosl
03-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Goliath.Ubi.Dev:
the core engine team has been on the game for about 2 years and i myself joined after Lockdown to work on some aspects of the game that i will explain later.

fedayn81
03-14-2006, 03:14 AM
so, ubisoft montreal is working on next R6 for PC from 2 years?!

Deosl
03-14-2006, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by fedayn81:
so, ubisoft montreal is working on next R6 for PC from 2 years?!
The original post was in console forums so that excludes PC I'm guessing...

fedayn81
03-14-2006, 06:09 AM
ok for console version, it sounds too strange for pc version

green_ant
03-14-2006, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by gamersreports.com:

after the poor quality of Lockdown, development was taken out of Red Storm's hands and given to Ubisoft Montreal.

I wasn't up to speed with the development process of Lockdown but did Redstorm do both console and PC versions of Lockdown?
Anyway, the above comment doesn't seem fair towards Redstorm because it's as if they totally screwed up Lockdown even though (unless i'm mistaken) Ubi would have had the majority say in how they wanted Lockdown to be developed. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I'm guessing Ubisoft Montreal is doing R6-5 for console and PC and i'm not saying they can't do a good job because while Raven Shield wasn't bad, it sure wasn't my favourite but i'm sure if Redstorm had the chance to completely design R6-5 themselves (especially for the PC) and starting from scratch, that they would do a damn fine job and make it a memorable game seeing as they introduced us to the classics that were Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear.

DayGlow
03-14-2006, 09:42 AM
No the article is taking a lot of assumptions it seems. Hopefully this is also true in the feature set. RSE was busy with GR3 and made the PS2 version of LD. Ubi Montreal did the Xbox version and had a team working on Vegas for awhile. Which makes since Ubi would want a R6 title for the 360.

RSE is most likely not making R6:Vegas because they have other projects already lined up. I saw them on the wall when I was there. I won't talk about what they are doing as they will release the info when they feel is necessary, but like any business they have a plan going a few years into the future outlining what they will be doing.