PDA

View Full Version : Demo

Firebird_79vRAF
10-15-2004, 09:01 AM
~S~

Our squad is currently flying CFS3 and some of us are very much looking forward to the release of PF to test the water. So on that note Im looking forward to maybe flying with you guys at some point.

I was wondering if there is going to be a demo released before the game is? Im one of the poor buggers who lives in NA and will have to wait until November until it is here.

GT182
10-15-2004, 09:10 AM
We've seen no PF Demo or heard of one being released, yet anyways. It is close to the release date so I doubt we'll get a Demo at all.

actionhank1786
10-15-2004, 09:10 AM
I dont know about a demo before the game is released.
If you want to know what PF is like, give Il-2 a Chance. for starters, they are very similar. But more importantly, Il-2 is simply one of the best flight sims i've ever played. Yeah i'm sure i sound like the typical Oleg Maddox fan boy, but this simulation he's made is simply amazing.

VW-IceFire
10-15-2004, 05:27 PM
There is a IL2 Demo from a few years ago that gives you a very small taste of what is actually in FB/AEP/PF.

LuckyBoy1
10-15-2004, 06:40 PM
Truly, it's not a fanboy thing. Oleg used to work for the Soviet military aerospace projects. He knows and understands fighters and has a passion for getting it right. I strongly encourage you to buy the IL-2 Forgotten Battles Gold Pack (you'll want it anyways, because you can add Pacific Fighters to it and if you want to play online with those who have both and most do, you'll need to do Pacific fighters as an add-on) I promise Cousin Billy's Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 will get lots of use after that... as a coaster that is!

I'm not trying to put you down here. I'm trying to be a friend and clue you in. I too resisted getting this strangly named flight sim with all the weird planes I thought I didn't care about, but now do of course and couldn't imagine going a day without my TB-3!!! I have over 1,800 hours in real airplanes and well over half of those hours were spent in stick controlled airplanes. While a PC can never give you the feeling of "reality", this game comes way closer than any other out there.

There's just one problem you should be aware of before you go down this road... it is addictive!!!