PDA

View Full Version : My PF Stutters Help!

frapeforte1
12-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Hello,
I was wondering if somebody could advise me on how to stop the stutters?
A) Do I need a different video card?
B) Do I need more RAM?

I have all of the IL-2 series and PF version 4.02m.

My system is windows XP I have a 256 ATI video card
Intel R
CeleronR CPU 2.80 GHz
2.80 GHz, 1.00 GB RAM

I have cleaned up all cookies and Temp internet files.

PF Stutters really badly when I am flying campaign mode at Okinawa.

Let me know.

Thanks

frapeforte1
12-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Hello,
I was wondering if somebody could advise me on how to stop the stutters?
A) Do I need a different video card?
B) Do I need more RAM?

I have all of the IL-2 series and PF version 4.02m.

My system is windows XP I have a 256 ATI video card
Intel R
CeleronR CPU 2.80 GHz
2.80 GHz, 1.00 GB RAM

I have cleaned up all cookies and Temp internet files.

PF Stutters really badly when I am flying campaign mode at Okinawa.

Let me know.

Thanks

sparrow420
12-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Hi,

System specs seem ok, though you might not be able to run at 1600 x 1200 will all options wide open.

You might benefit from:
- defragmenting hard drive: files are easier to find --> disk access is a little faster, and therefore less stutters.
- download a program like: FSautostart (link is easily found with Google). With this program you can shut down lots of background services and programs. After you exit IL-2, all programs and services are started again. There are LOTS of things going on in the background that every once in a while demand attention, and cause a stutter. Gameplay will be more smooth...!

Note that: when new planes appear within the 'horizon' new textures are loaded --> causing a stutter. Also, I think that stutters appear to occur more frequently on the crossing between "land" and "pacific ocean". It might be that the different textures that are required cause some extra traffic on the data bus, causing stutters.

Hope this helps!

Good luck,

Sparrow

frapeforte1
12-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks Sparrow,
Unfortunately I have run a defrag, and I have been shutting all of the other programs that run off of startup. It still doesnt help. With the Okanawa camaign I get stutters right when the mission starts up. It is so bad that I cant even take off from the carrier deck.

I wonder if I need more RAM or a different video card.

FoolTrottel
12-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Try the Community Help Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=49310655), and include a DxDiag Report (http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/luckyboys_guide.htm#012).

Have Fun!

Kuna15
12-21-2005, 03:02 PM
@ frapeforte1 your system looks ok tho I don't know what's your VGA?
Also one more thing if you are running "Perfect" landscape it is no wonder since that is very demanding on cpu resources. I run game on "Excellent" landscape settings.

There may be one other thing involved: carriers... they got heavy AA so you may experience stutter when you are near by when they shoot.