PDA

View Full Version : Where is my saves if i disable the saves stored online option?

libindi1989
03-14-2010, 05:23 AM
I finally bought the game,i noticed there is a option to disable saves stored online,so where is my saves if i disable that,can i backup it?

Engioc
03-14-2010, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by libindi1989:
I finally bought the game,i noticed there is a option to disable saves stored online,so where is my saves if i disable that,can i backup it?

For WinXP, here: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\storage\ZW5naW9j\4

libindi1989
03-14-2010, 05:30 AM
so that means i can actully have the save files on my hard disk,and back it up like other game?

Engioc
03-14-2010, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by libindi1989:
so that means i can actully have the save files on my hard disk?

Yes...I have checked that the date/time stamp on these files change as you play AC2. You will also get faster startup/close because you don't have to wait for it to sync. I believe even with the internet sync feature on, these files are still updated, then synced back to Ubi server when you finish. The only thing that has really changed from AC1 to AC2 is the location, and the added sync feature.

I didn't actually know this either until a couple of days ago when another user pointed out the save location to me....since then have check and it is correct.

If you want to check it yourself, you can force AC2 to autosave by opening chests, doing assassinations, beat ups, races, collect a feather, or any other mission. You can also temporarily move these files out, start AC2 and you'll find your saved game is gone....close AC2, move files back in, start AC2, and your saved game is back.

I would also assume for Vista, Windows 7, its in the same location %ProgramFiles%\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\storage\ZW5naW9j\4

libindi1989
03-14-2010, 06:06 AM
Thank you for your help! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Wolfeoak
03-14-2010, 11:21 AM
There is no guarantee that the save will be on your hard drive. Ive tried this when my saves disappeared on the Ubisoft server. They just deleted them self after a short while anyway. So you can not be sure that this option will work.
Its up to Ubisoft to fix this problem ASP. PLEASE!