PDA

View Full Version : Best Server at HL

Hasso1
08-27-2005, 03:16 AM
`What is the Best Server at HL in Full Real`=?

Tully__
08-27-2005, 03:18 AM
"Full" Full Real or the "nearly" Full Real that most run?

Very few DF servers run without speedbar and minimap path.

JtD
08-27-2005, 04:05 AM
I think the topic heading is misleading as the best server in HL does not run Full Real setting.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

SeaNorris
08-27-2005, 04:09 AM
There is no 'best' server.

Tvrdi
08-27-2005, 05:48 AM
for me, it would be P47s vs FW190As -- full real server...

LeadSpitter_
08-27-2005, 06:35 AM
VirtualPilots is one of the only RF scripted DF servers the rest have friendly icons speedbar and minimap path.

GreaterGreen use to run the same setup which was excellent but they decided to move to the wc style setup.

There is one that use to be called grennadich but only listed on ASE most of the time.

The only other choice are Vow2 and CW but have to wait extremely long for players to fill up slot then wait for them to ready up same as coops.

Theres servers for all difficulty levels on HL something for everyone but the FD settings are extremely rare.

F19_Ob
08-27-2005, 06:59 AM
If U have a big monitor like 19' and up the fullest fullrealservers are no problem.
If u have a smaller monitor 17' or less, I can't recommend servers without speedbar, heading and height bars.

I personally prefer the servers with above enabled bars and icons for friendly planes (at a certain distance) because in the sim u cant recognize the type of plane u fly against until it's too late because of the small size of the monitor.
On no icon server it therefore may become irritating to have to check and re-check friendly planes all the time because u can't determine the type on the distances u can in real life.

It is ofcourse same for all, but it highly benefits the top rides wich can get away if a mistake is done, and severly hamper planes with poor performance compared to the opposition because they have to come too close to see what type and then it's too late to escape.

If U want to avoid the above visibility problem I suggest servers wich have friendly icons enabled.

One of the better of this type of servers is GreaterGreen.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

raptor619
08-27-2005, 11:46 AM
id say are own 334TH_ES sever. heh its not full real. but is freaken awsome

Kuna15
08-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by raptor619:
id say are own 334TH_ES sever. heh its not full real. but is freaken awsome

Probably one of the funniest servers.

VMF-214_HaVoK
08-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Spits_vs_109s and Zekes_vs_Wildcats run Full switch settings. No icons, No minipath, No speedbar, ect. The two best for this type of difficulty settings IMO.

BaldieJr
08-27-2005, 12:26 PM
When there are players on it, ~AcesHigh~ has good matchups and fun missions. I'm surprised this one doesn't stay full 24/7.

NorrisMcWhirter
08-27-2005, 01:19 PM
The best server depends entirely on what settings you like to fly. You may as well ask, 'What was the best band of the 20th century?'

If you want hard settings, try co-ops or online wars - 'full real' DF servers are not quite so representative as some might like to think they are.

Ta,
Norris

danjama
08-27-2005, 02:48 PM
raptor u 334th? Who are u on HL? Im Zippo1 S~