assassino.pl
11-14-2010, 11:41 AM
don't write both below.PLEASE!

assassino.pl
11-14-2010, 11:41 AM
don't write both below.PLEASE!

EmperorxZurg
11-14-2010, 11:44 AM
AC:B. hands down. More innovative, better story line, and new multiplayer.

whereas Black Ops (which I've already owned, beaten, and returned) has a non-memorable story line (other than when they play "Sympathy for the Devil" but that's it) that I can beat in 2 days on the hardest difficulty, a laggy multiplayer with bad weapons and system again, and takes stuff from other games. Like Halo. Even one of the icons for your gamercard IS from Halo.

shanethebouncer
11-14-2010, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">l </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
these probably wont be biased......

dlonewolf1994
11-14-2010, 11:51 AM
since i can't say both.......

i'd go with cod for this. while obviously ac:b is going to be beastly. in the long run theres more to do in cod. thats in my opinion anyways.

but thankfully. i got cod and pre ordered AC:B so i will have em both http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

The Zoo Boy
11-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Well since u re posting on an Ubisoft forum, especially the Assassin's Creed section, the answers will be biased and Assassin's Creed will get the majority of the votes, if not all of them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But that still does not mean that Assassin's Creed is not a better game:

Better singleplayer?
Better multiplayer?
And who needs Zombies...we are ASSASSIN'S!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dlonewolf1994
11-14-2010, 11:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

whereas Black Ops (which I've already owned, beaten, and returned) has a non-memorable story line (other than when they play "Sympathy for the Devil" but that's it) that I can beat in 2 days on the hardest difficulty , a laggy multiplayer with bad weapons and system again, and takes stuff from other games. Like Halo. Even one of the icons for your gamercard IS from Halo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not to sound mean. but im gonna have to say u exaggerated this bit. unless u are god like, there is seriously no way u could have beaten veteran in just 2 days...

masterfenix2009
11-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Assassins creed....nuff said

ultrax21
11-14-2010, 11:55 AM
really...more to do in COD? LOL you kidding me?...COD is one short story,and a bunch of multiplayer kids killing each other...but thats you opinion so...im going with AC:B...i was never a fan of COD series

EmperorxZurg
11-14-2010, 12:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dlonewolf1994:

i'd go with cod for this. while obviously ac:b is going to be beastly. in the long run theres more to do in cod. thats in my opinion anyways.

but thankfully. i got cod and pre ordered AC:B so i will have em both http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wait wha-? More to do in CoD? it has about half the things to do than in AC:B....

@Dlone: nope. No exaggeration. I beat 3/4 in one day, and then the other 1/4 on the next day because I didn't want it all done in one day :/

dlonewolf1994
11-14-2010, 12:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ultrax21:
really...more to do in COD? LOL you kidding me?...COD is one short story,and a bunch of multiplayer kids killing each other...but thats you opinion so...im going with AC:B...i was never a fan of COD series </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its only short if u play it on the easy difficulty. my first play through is on veteran and i still didn't finish it yet. i haven't run into any annoying multiplayer kids but then again.. which online game doesn't have this? hell. i remember there was a annoying kid on the beta so.. and u know.. killing each other.. is the point of it xD

but like u said. my opinion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dlonewolf1994
11-14-2010, 12:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dlonewolf1994:

but thankfully. i got cod and pre ordered AC:B so i will have em both http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wait wha-? More to do in CoD? it has about half the things to do than in AC:B.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not really... but u know.. its my opinion so..

EmperorxZurg
11-14-2010, 12:03 PM
okay this is weird but how have you not beaten it yet? I got the game on Tuesday and beat it on veteran difficulty by Thursday Morning...and I only played 4 hours....

ultrax21
11-14-2010, 12:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ultrax21:
really...more to do in COD? LOL you kidding me?...COD is one short story,and a bunch of multiplayer kids killing each other...but thats you opinion so...im going with AC:B...i was never a fan of COD series </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its only short if u play it on the easy difficulty. my first play through is on veteran and i still didn't finish it yet. i haven't run into any annoying multiplayer kids but then again.. which online game doesn't have this? hell. i remember there was a annoying kid on the beta so.. and u know.. killing each other.. is the point of it xD

but like u said. my opinion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its still short story...but you just need more time cuz its harder on veteran...get it...story dont get longer if you put it in veteran...and yea its still your opinion so..

persiateddy95
11-14-2010, 12:06 PM
AC, 17 - 0 ,CoD

DeafAtheist
11-14-2010, 12:08 PM

wait wha-? More to do in CoD? it has about half the things to do than in AC:B.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not really... but u know.. its my opinion so.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

An opinion that is being based on only having played one of the games so far. You have yet to experience ACB and based on what I've heard about both games ACB will have a ton more content and take a LOT longer to complete the single player story.

Deej4y17
11-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Ofcourse ACB . i am a BIGGEST fan of AS Series .. i already completed Call Of Duty Black Ops. and nw i cnt wait to play ACB.. by the way i personally dnt like COD 7 Black ops. its nt enjoyable game.story line sucks.

dlonewolf1994
11-14-2010, 12:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

An opinion that is being based on only having played one of the games so far. You have yet to experience ACB and based on what I've heard about both games ACB will have a ton more content and take a LOT longer to complete the single player story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because there really is a lot to do in cod.. beating the sp on a hard difficulty.. finding all the intel.. trying to get the final prestige.. nazi zombies, that arcade mode.. which i forgot the name. plus there is all the contracts that u can do in multiplayer and challenges to do..

not saying ac:b will not have things to do. but im 100% sure there is more to do in cod:black ops.

DeafAtheist
11-14-2010, 12:16 PM
I hate Call of Doody. I hate Craptivision and I hate Bobby Kotick and his greediness. You want to know the real reason why Xbox Live subscription fees went up? Here ya go. (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=275447)

Assassin's Creed is by far a MUCH better game and gaming experience.

dlonewolf1994
11-14-2010, 12:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
I hate Call of Doody. I hate Craptivision and I hate Bobby Kotick and his greediness. You want to know the real reason why Xbox Live subscription fees went up? Here ya go. (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=275447)

Assassin's Creed is by far a MUCH better game and gaming experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol.. i don't understand what xbox live fees have to do with anything.. i play on ps3.. so its.. free..

Nick1021
11-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Yes, yes yes yes. Ask the Assassins Creed forum if they would rather have Assassins Creed over CoD.

SolidSnakeMat
11-14-2010, 12:46 PM
CoD is lame same thing every single game. So ACB all the way.

DeafAtheist
11-14-2010, 12:56 PM

Assassin's Creed is by far a MUCH better game and gaming experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol.. i don't understand what xbox live fees have to do with anything.. i play on ps3.. so its.. free.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has to do with fueling my hatred for the Call of Doody franchise. Instead of digging into the pockets of COD fanboys the greedy ***** is digging into the pockets of every person who uses Xbox Live. Don't be surprised if Sony starts charging too. Kotick needs his pockets lined cuz he takes responsibility for there being so many people playing online since the majority of them are COD fanboys.

AubreyWilborn
11-14-2010, 01:01 PM
I broke down an bought COD B.O. when it came out. And I regret it already. I'll say that I actually prefer the TRAILERS for ACB to actually PLAYING B.O.!

COD B.O. has:

bad storyline
bad gameplay
bad multiplayer

And don't even get me started on the historical innacuracies, lol. M-16s with 30 round clips, M203s and ACOGS in the EARLY SIXTIES?! I'm no gun expert, but even I know that's wack.

I'm about to un-install the game and start playing MOH again. As well as count down the long months until ACB for the PC comes out.

muzzyb
11-14-2010, 01:03 PM

An opinion that is being based on only having played one of the games so far. You have yet to experience ACB and based on what I've heard about both games ACB will have a ton more content and take a LOT longer to complete the single player story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because there really is a lot to do in cod.. beating the sp on a hard difficulty.. finding all the intel.. trying to get the final prestige.. nazi zombies, that arcade mode.. which i forgot the name. plus there is all the contracts that u can do in multiplayer and challenges to do..

not saying ac:b will not have things to do. but im 100% sure there is more to do in cod:black ops. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So 50+ hours of single player gameplay AND multiplayer don't speak for themselves then eh?

dlonewolf1994
11-14-2010, 01:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
I broke down an bought COD B.O. when it came out. And I regret it already. I'll say that I actually prefer the TRAILERS for ACB to actually PLAYING B.O.!

COD B.O. has:

bad storyline
bad gameplay
bad multiplayer

And don't even get me started on the historical innacuracies, lol. M-16s with 30 round clips, M203s and ACOGS in the EARLY SIXTIES?! I'm no gun expert, but even I know that's wack.

I'm about to un-install the game and start playing MOH again. As well as count down the long months until ACB for the PC comes out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think the story line was pretty good.. i preferred it then mw2 or cod5's story. but thats just me.

i can't comment on the multiplayer. as i heard the multiplayer on the pc was laggy as hell. its been fine for me though, but i don't play on pc.

dlonewolf1994
11-14-2010, 01:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by muzzyb:

not saying ac:b will not have things to do. but im 100% sure there is more to do in cod:black ops. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So 50+ hours of single player gameplay AND multiplayer don't speak for themselves then eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

50 hours of single player? where did u hear that?

muzzyb
11-14-2010, 01:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by muzzyb:

So 50+ hours of single player gameplay AND multiplayer don't speak for themselves then eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

50 hours of single player? where did u hear that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1627/ubigabe.png

dlonewolf1994
11-14-2010, 01:13 PM

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1627/ubigabe.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well thats good.. but the same can be said with trying to get the final prestige on cod's multiplayer.

DarkicoN14
11-14-2010, 01:14 PM

Ok so you say there is more to do in cod (which there isnt) but its the same crap over and over again, same maps, same levels, same weapons, finding intel is boring, and not everybody wants to do hard difficulty. nazi zombies is good though. contracts dont really do much just side objectives. essentially this is the same cod game. but if it aint broke dont fix it. i like it, but i may trade it in once i hit level 50 because i have no desire to lose all my weapons for a couple of prestige bonuses.

muzzyb
11-14-2010, 01:16 PM

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1627/ubigabe.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well thats good.. but the same can be said with trying to get the final prestige on cod's multiplayer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, because it's fun doing the same thing 15 times isn't it?

DarkicoN14
11-14-2010, 01:17 PM

50 hours of single player? where did u hear that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> 25+ hours straight through campaign.
adding on side missions = to 50+ hours of singleplayer gameplay, not to mention its a open world game. and countless hours of multiplayer.

dlonewolf1994
11-14-2010, 01:20 PM
---------------
Ok so you say there is more to do in cod (which there isnt) but its the same crap over and over again, same maps, same levels, same weapons, finding intel is boring, and not everybody wants to do hard difficulty. nazi zombies is good though. contracts dont really do much just side objectives. essentially this is the same cod game. but if it aint broke dont fix it. i like it, but i may trade it in once i hit level 50 because i have no desire to lose all my weapons for a couple of prestige bonuses.[/QUOTE]

--------------------------------

same crap? the maps aren't even the same... nor the levels.. nor the weapons.. i don't know what you're on about. finding the feathers is boring as well.. but you know.. at least its there to increase the reply value. how doesn't contracts dont do much? they are side objectives.. which adds... to things.. to do.. and not everyone doesn't want to not want to do prestige.

it's fine by me if u guys don't like it.. but in my opinion there is alot more things to do in cod.

muzzyb
11-14-2010, 01:27 PM
---------------
Ok so you say there is more to do in cod (which there isnt) but its the same crap over and over again, same maps, same levels, same weapons, finding intel is boring, and not everybody wants to do hard difficulty. nazi zombies is good though. contracts dont really do much just side objectives. essentially this is the same cod game. but if it aint broke dont fix it. i like it, but i may trade it in once i hit level 50 because i have no desire to lose all my weapons for a couple of prestige bonuses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

--------------------------------

same crap? the maps aren't even the same... nor the levels.. nor the weapons.. i don't know what you're on about. finding the feathers is boring as well.. but you know.. at least its there to increase the reply value. how doesn't contracts dont do much? they are side objectives.. which adds... to things.. to do.. and not everyone doesn't want to not want to do prestige.

it's fine by me if u guys don't like it.. but in my opinion there is alot more things to do in cod.[/QUOTE]

Well your opinion is crap.

Now,

<span class="ev_code_RED">[Please read the forum rules on swearing - Posting images which contain profanity is just as bad as typing them.] </span>

dlonewolf1994
11-14-2010, 01:29 PM
shows how mature you are http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif if you can't respect someone's opinion on a forum. then you should be the one to go.

muzzyb
11-14-2010, 01:31 PM
The reason I don't respect your opinion is because it's stupid and unjustified.

EmperorxZurg
11-14-2010, 01:40 PM
uh-oh....*sits and waits for a mod to come break up an almost flame war and a banhammer to drop*

DarkicoN14
11-14-2010, 01:51 PM
whoop de doo some side missions i can complete every 5 minutes wooo... and besides i never said collecting feathers was fun. collectables are boring as hell in general

Balek_Fekete
11-14-2010, 01:58 PM
I've already decided and am voting with my wallet as well. COD7 is not being purchased, and yet I have ACB paid for in full awaiting pick up on Tuesday. Being an older gamer, I enjoy the great story and SP action that ACB brings to the table, with the new multiplayer action just icing on an already delicious cake.

SolidSnakeMat
11-14-2010, 02:34 PM

lol.. i don't understand what xbox live fees have to do with anything.. i play on ps3.. so its.. free.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has to do with fueling my hatred for the Call of Doody franchise. Instead of digging into the pockets of COD fanboys the greedy ***** is digging into the pockets of every person who uses Xbox Live. Don't be surprised if Sony starts charging too. Kotick needs his pockets lined cuz he takes responsibility for there being so many people playing online since the majority of them are COD fanboys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That last part is a fail in logic. PSN already does offer for people to pay for it. Its free with an optional pay if you want extra stuff.

ChaosxNetwork
11-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Well I beat Call of Duty Black ops in just one day on veteran, does this make me God? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Multiplayer lasts longer on Call of Duty so higher longevitity but I am a campaign man so I chose AC:B as longer story line.

DeafAtheist
11-14-2010, 02:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSnakeMat:
That last part is a fail in logic. PSN already does offer for people to pay for it. Its free with an optional pay if you want extra stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude I know all about PS+ okay? But multiplayer is STILL free. My point here is that it won't be free for long. Eventually Sony is going to start charging for multiplayer too. It's only a matter of time. If not with the PS3 then it will start with the PS4. Mark my words.

ZerOMarK
11-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Sure..ask this on the ASSASSINS CREED FORUMS.

realgangsta213
11-14-2010, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't be so sure if i were you because Sony has long ago said that it will never ever charge players for multiplayer. It's a fundamental pillar and they know that if they start charging ps3 would go down and therefore they would make a loss rather than a profit. Everyone i know who bought a a ps3 bought it because of free multiplayer

Remember to check out our stealthy brotherhood MASTER ASSASSINS and become part of the TRUE BROTHERHOOD at http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...388/m/5091031298/p/1 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/5091031298/p/1)

Reverse Vision
11-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Well what can I say I got bored waiting for Assassin's creed:brotherhood to come out (even though i've already pre-ordered AC:B & paid in full already for it) and did what a million other avid AC fans probably regreted after the fact and thats went out and bought COD:Black Ops to occupy my time.

I'm sure many COD fans will lap up black ops multiplayer mode for hours upon hours until the next game with COD name-sake label is slapped on the front cover of the game case for it next november no doubt.

Sadly for people such as myself I just found the singleplayer rather lackluster and a short game length plus the usual zombie mode (the dead ops was a nice surprise game mode though) modern warfare engine perks/weapon upgrades + new cod points currency system in its multiplayer etc.

I guess since I'm even here it tells you I'm majorly biased towards ubisoft/AC series games so my vote naturally goes to ACB unlike a lot of disappointing gaming titles released this year that have included what seems to be the terrible new gaming industry standard norm of 3-5 hour long singleplayer campaigns with little to no replay value.

The ones that come to mind are: medal of honor (2010),Star Wars:TFU II,cod:black ops etc least with assassins creed you can count on a fairly lengthy singleplayer outing it may not be RPG size singleplayer but least it rewards your money investment.

AC:B's Multiplayer is a great addition to the series from what I've seen & read about,it offers something different from all the fps franchises that seem to eclipse this time of years release date schedule for games.

Also if theres one good example of a franchise that doesn't need a multiplayer component alongside its singleplayer campaign its Assassin's Creed so the multiplayer mode is a nice surprise addition I just hope this means we'll eventually see Assassin's Creed Co-op mode of some kind perhaps in the future time will tell...

PimpMasterxCx
11-14-2010, 04:24 PM

whereas Black Ops (which I've already owned, beaten, and returned) has a non-memorable story line (other than when they play "Sympathy for the Devil" but that's it) that I can beat in 2 days on the hardest difficulty , a laggy multiplayer with bad weapons and system again, and takes stuff from other games. Like Halo. Even one of the icons for your gamercard IS from Halo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not to sound mean. but im gonna have to say u exaggerated this bit. unless u are god like, there is seriously no way u could have beaten veteran in just 2 days... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude call of duty games are easy as long as you can keep your interest. I beat modern warfare 2 in a couple of hours on veteran. My GT is Flesh Confetti, check the dates on those achievements if you don't believe me.

ninja_7_7
11-14-2010, 04:35 PM

not to sound mean. but im gonna have to say u exaggerated this bit. unless u are god like, there is seriously no way u could have beaten veteran in just 2 days... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My friend did it in one sitting. Less than 24 hours on veteran.

gamertam
11-14-2010, 04:51 PM
For one this IS an Assassin's Creed forum and NOT Call of Duty Black Ops. I'll do whatever/ whenever in my power to support a franchise i admired and have a wonderful time playing it. Same thing can be said about CoD BO forum and its fans.

If given a choice between the two games. I'll pick AC:B, while i'm not a fan of CoD. I'll probably rent it and play for the achievement points.

What's all it comes down to is: we all gamers here and gaming is what unites us all whether casual or hard-core. We support the dev. team(s) in-returns great games like AC or CoD can lives beyond it's un-timely death.

Just a thought.

assassin087
11-14-2010, 05:09 PM
assassins creed. call of duty has never really interested me.

xsatanicjokerx
11-15-2010, 12:34 AM

Assassin's Creed is by far a MUCH better game and gaming experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Amen to that.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif I hate bobby kotits some much now im paying extra for xbox live and have never owned a effing cod game in my life (my dad has cod1 on comp and the cod franchise hasent changed since then). Dont you love all those mindless poeple out there. All they do is point and shoot.

obliviondoll
11-15-2010, 12:42 AM
I voted Brotherhood, because... well, the other game isn't Assassin's Creed.

You could put almost anything there and I'd vote the same way.

DeafAtheist
11-15-2010, 01:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

You could put almost anything there and I'd vote the same way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, but without the "almost". Assassin's Creed is my favorite series.

(Yes, I know I said I was leaving til I complete the game to avoid spoilers but was still checking email notifications on threads I contributed to and felt compelled to respond here.)

tyrce111
11-15-2010, 03:32 AM
I have Black ops already but I'm going to pick AC:B because I think more work has gone into it and I am realy looking forward to it...

obliviondoll
11-15-2010, 04:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

You could put almost anything there and I'd vote the same way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, but without the "almost". Assassin's Creed is my favorite series.

(Yes, I know I said I was leaving til I complete the game to avoid spoilers but was still checking email notifications on threads I contributed to and felt compelled to respond here.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I said "almost anything"

Not "almost any game"

I'd choose a well-made sword or a working suit of power armour over Brotherhood.

But neither of them is an option even remotely close to being in-budget for me.

DeafAtheist
11-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Forget this poll. Go vote where it counts! ACB is up against Call of Doody in Round Two of G4's Videogame Deathmatch and it's losing! Go show your love for the true #1 video game.
Go vote NOW! (http://g4tv.com/videogamedeathmatch/battle/26/)

sw4ggerd4gger
11-15-2010, 02:03 PM
ACB.
Why?

BO was just a ripoff. The custimization and ranking system was from Reach. RC XDs are annoying. Zombies are the same. Same graphics but better fire. A LOT of BS happens in MP. Sucky spawns. Campaign is the same but with new characters and storyline. Idiots that prone-n-shoot.

I havent played an AC game before ( Well I did for 5 minutes.) but I can tell it will be a lot better than COD.

SolidSnakeMat
11-15-2010, 04:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSnakeMat:
That last part is a fail in logic. PSN already does offer for people to pay for it. Its free with an optional pay if you want extra stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude I know all about PS+ okay? But multiplayer is STILL free. My point here is that it won't be free for long. Eventually Sony is going to start charging for multiplayer too. It's only a matter of time. If not with the PS3 then it will start with the PS4. Mark my words. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay give me logic that backs that up.

realgangsta213
11-15-2010, 04:25 PM
You're on a Assasin's creed Forum so what do you expect the dominant answer to be?

MASTER ASSASINS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Car-aBqNw
Please check out our Master Assassins Brotherhood and become part of the Best at http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...388/m/5091031298/p/1

DeafAtheist
11-15-2010, 05:15 PM

Dude I know all about PS+ okay? But multiplayer is STILL free. My point here is that it won't be free for long. Eventually Sony is going to start charging for multiplayer too. It's only a matter of time. If not with the PS3 then it will start with the PS4. Mark my words. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay give me logic that backs that up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Certainly. Sony Entertainment is a business and the main goal of every business is profit. Microsoft has made quite a profit from subscription fees for Xbox Live Gold memberships. Sony isn't going to make nearly as much from PSN+ without charging for multiplayer too because the features on PSN aren't really valuable enough to encourage very many gamers to pay for it while requiring you to pay to play multiplayer online is going to be more of an encouragement to pay.

It's all about profit. Someone said Sony has said they would never charge for multiplayer. I've never heard that before myself but even if it's true it's not like a statement is a binding contract. If they want to bank on multiplayer gaming they will. Everyone in the gaming industry is trying to figure out how to bank on the countless hours of multiplayer gamers are playing online. It's only a matter of time before we're all paying more for the privilege to do so.

ZnorfRat
11-15-2010, 08:12 PM
62-1 The numbers tell the answer

zalitzo
11-16-2010, 06:17 AM
AC brotherhood it look much funner MP then COD7 it was the same when uncharted 2 came out i played that more then MW2

obliviondoll
11-16-2010, 08:00 AM

Certainly. Sony Entertainment is a business and the main goal of every business is profit. Microsoft has made quite a profit from subscription fees for Xbox Live Gold memberships. Sony isn't going to make nearly as much from PSN+ without charging for multiplayer too because the features on PSN aren't really valuable enough to encourage very many gamers to pay for it while requiring you to pay to play multiplayer online is going to be more of an encouragement to pay.

It's all about profit. Someone said Sony has said they would never charge for multiplayer. I've never heard that before myself but even if it's true it's not like a statement is a binding contract. If they want to bank on multiplayer gaming they will. Everyone in the gaming industry is trying to figure out how to bank on the countless hours of multiplayer gamers are playing online. It's only a matter of time before we're all paying more for the privilege to do so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here's some counter to that argument (as well thought out as it is, I have to admit).

Yes, Sony have gone on record stating that they'll never charge for multiplayer. They've implied that they may in future charge players for access to dedicated servers for a game though, which would let them circumvent that without breaking what little reliability a non-binding public statement has. It would also mean that companies would be free to make multiplayer games you could play free OR ones you had to pay to play, OR ones where you could play free OR pay for less lag in.

main argument against you, though, is that since the PS3 has been approaching the price of the 360, they've been gaining market share quickly. As long as they can keep their next-gen console reasonably priced in comparison with Microsoft's, they can push the "free multiplayer" angle to make massive sales, and thus, massive profits over what Microsoft will get.

DeafAtheist
11-16-2010, 09:24 AM

It's all about profit. Someone said Sony has said they would never charge for multiplayer. I've never heard that before myself but even if it's true it's not like a statement is a binding contract. If they want to bank on multiplayer gaming they will. Everyone in the gaming industry is trying to figure out how to bank on the countless hours of multiplayer gamers are playing online. It's only a matter of time before we're all paying more for the privilege to do so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here's some counter to that argument (as well thought out as it is, I have to admit).

Yes, Sony have gone on record stating that they'll never charge for multiplayer. They've implied that they may in future charge players for access to dedicated servers for a game though, which would let them circumvent that without breaking what little reliability a non-binding public statement has. It would also mean that companies would be free to make multiplayer games you could play free OR ones you had to pay to play, OR ones where you could play free OR pay for less lag in.

main argument against you, though, is that since the PS3 has been approaching the price of the 360, they've been gaining market share quickly. As long as they can keep their next-gen console reasonably priced in comparison with Microsoft's, they can push the "free multiplayer" angle to make massive sales, and thus, massive profits over what Microsoft will get. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose that's possible. And if they did indeed start charging for dedicated servers like you said I would be willing to bet that most PS3 gamers would pay for it if they could afford to because it would greatly improve their multiplayer experience.

I'm not sure what current numbers are so I won't speculate but I KNOW that as recently as a year or 2 ago there were more people playing online on the Xbox 360 than on PSN. And that's because most of those gamers believe that Xbox Live offers a better online gaming experience making it worth paying a little more for. That statement isn't meant to incite a console war about which console is better, but rather to make the point that if Sony were to start offering better servers that you had to pay for I'm pretty sure most gamers who are dedicated online players would opt to pay more for better servers. The only gamers that would continue to use the free service would be those who can't afford to pay extra to play online and those who don't really care that much about multiplayer and only play it sporadically if at all.

I think it would be a smart move for Sony if they were to do that. I wish Xbox Live did that too. It would make a lot more sense to have free servers and then better dedicated servers for Gold members. They could entice players to join the Gold membership by offering them free trials for a week or two to show them how much better it is than the free servers are. I doubt that having free and paid servers would hurt their current subscription sales much because most would probably be willing to continue to pay for Gold if the better servers were worth the price of the subscription.

SleezeRocker
11-16-2010, 09:31 AM
It's an Assassin's Creed forum board...so...gee I don't know asassino,what do you think? lol