PDA

View Full Version : A stupid question...

Frekilson
01-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Sorry if my question is being asked before, but 260+ pages of topics.....
So, I really want to fly some of the planes in the game( e.g. Me 323), but don't know if all the planes were meant to be flyable by the player. I guessed that they could be unlocked by playing the pilot career missions, but i don't know if new planes are unlocked that way (so many planes, couldn't tell if there were new ones to fly with after i completed pilot career for jap. bomber).

Frekilson
01-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Sorry if my question is being asked before, but 260+ pages of topics.....
So, I really want to fly some of the planes in the game( e.g. Me 323), but don't know if all the planes were meant to be flyable by the player. I guessed that they could be unlocked by playing the pilot career missions, but i don't know if new planes are unlocked that way (so many planes, couldn't tell if there were new ones to fly with after i completed pilot career for jap. bomber).

Troll2k
01-24-2006, 08:53 AM
AI planes can be flown but from external view only.

A dog fight map has to be custom made to allow them.

Build a map using the full mission builder and then manually edit the mis file to allow the planes you want.

Skycat_2
01-24-2006, 08:57 AM
Many planes are flyable but several are not. There are no 'secret bonus' planes to unlock in campaign mode. The planes that you can fly in the Quick Mission Builder represent all of the planes that have cockpits.

The pilot career campaigns don't allow you access to every plane possible, but you do usually get several appropriate choices based on the nation/service you are flying for, the time and location of the campaign, and the type of career you have chosen (fighter vs. bomber). When the campaign shifts to a different map representing a later time period you may automatically be upgraded to a different plane without your choosing it.

For online or multiplayer play, all of the 'flyables' in QMB are available to the hosts. However, they may choose to limit what is available in a dogfight room to maintain balance or historic integrity. In MP rooms where generally most or all of the planes are available there is a way to make some of the normally 'AI' or non-flyable planes into flyables; however, this involves a small trick and to achieve and the AI planes do not have cockpits when brought into play. The same 'cheat' cannot be done for single missions or campaigns, however.

So no ... you don't get to fly the B-29 if you sink the Akagi, or fly the Ohka if you shoot down 100 Corsairs or whatever. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Frekilson
01-24-2006, 01:16 PM
10x for the info http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Skycat_2
01-25-2006, 06:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Troll2k:
AI planes can be flown but from external view only.

A dog fight map has to be custom made to allow them.

Build a map using the full mission builder and then manually edit the mis file to allow the planes you want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've never built a mission like this; I've only seen the bombers, etc. offered in online dogfight rooms. Could this be done using a coop map, so that a person could 'fly' a bomber --or specifically the Me-323 -- in a map with AI planes? In other words, use 'Local LAN' in Multiplay to set up a mission that can be played offline? (I know dogfight maps can be opened offline in a LAN, but no AI planes so the drawback is the Me-323 would be the only plane).

Could you give more specifics on the process of editing the .mis file, Troll2K? Do you have to also include a flyable fighter on the dogfight map? I thought a person first has to select a fighter when entering the dogfight room, and then back out and select the bomber ... I think I've flown AI planes only one time and that was because I accidently wandered into a dogfight arena that only allowed AI planes.

Tully__
01-25-2006, 09:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Could this be done using a coop map </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope, Dogfight only. The "feature" was never intended for users anyway, it's only there for the developers to "test fly" the AI only flight models. While the details of how to do it were knowingly "leaked" to the public, it is not a supported or officialy publicised game feature.