PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Issues...Help

ANGELOFMONS1
03-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Ok...After installing each patch, suddenly, my graphics are jerky where they weren't before, especially with clouds. For some reason, I'm also suddenly using DirectX where before I was using OpenGL. I tried switching my settings back to OpenGL but then things really come to a crashing halt to the point where the mouse pointer barely moves. Were new drivers included with the updates? I'm thinking that I had my anti-virus software running during setup and that might have screwed things up. Should I just re-install everything?

ZappaTime
03-28-2006, 03:50 PM
As the patches progressed, so did the strain on your (and everybody elses) pc, especially in the later 4.xxx patches where the flight model was upped in spec, to bring in some of the code to be used in Battle of Britain, as well as the introduction of more detailed clouds.

It depends on your pc spec as to how badly these later changes in the patches will hit your frame rates etc. Check out the 'technical support ' forum there are lots of posts on there about tweaks to your config.ini file.

MLudner
03-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Sounds like you're having a FPS issue.

Increase your RAM.

and / or

Get a better graphics card.

vocatx
03-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Try going to "Community Help" and posting a dxdiag along with your problem. Those guys will help you either tune your system to get the most from it, or give great advice on up-grading.

willyvic
03-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by ANGELOFMONS1:
...After installing each patch, suddenly, my graphics are jerky where they weren't before, especially with clouds...

Do you have the new clouds activated? They are a monster resource hog on many machines.

Good luck.

WV.

Lemky
03-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Try to just re patch the game,Or back patch to 4.03 then re patch to 4.04

ANGELOFMONS1
03-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll get cracking.