PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Fighters reinstall

j_whitney
02-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Recently re-installed PF on a new machine - when I start up it is looking for an activation code from a site that no longer exists. Ubisoft's support is lacking on this or I don't know how to ask the right questions.

Can anyone tell me how to get an activation code for the sim?

Thanks

M_Gunz
02-12-2011, 08:04 PM
What you are going through is my biggest fear about buying online. I bought CD's and the 1946 DVD and never had activation hoops to jump through. How did your earlier install get activated? This is an issue because the upcoming Cliffs of Dover is being pushed as mainly download purchases so PLEASE keep us updated on how UBI handles your case!

You might try sending a PM to ms-kleaneasy who IIUC works for UBI.

You might spend about $10 to get an IL2:1946 DVD from, say, Amazon and get everything ever in the series including the improved flight model and handling plus the ability to patch up to the present, 4.10, and future patch(es) announced. It's a great deal even for a lot more money and PF compared is a waste of time.

Zeus-cat
02-13-2011, 01:13 PM
I have to recommend getting the 1946 DVD too. The extra content is worth far in excess of $10.

j_whitney
02-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Thanks guys - I'll look into that. PF only cost me $10 to begin with, it's not the money - when they changed from the old system to the new one, all the activation links got busted - all of the forum links were broken as well - as far as I am concerned, their support sucks.

I understand that they have lots of games and platforms to deal with, but this is really bad.

M_Gunz
02-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Make sure you get the DVD and not the download then!