PDA

View Full Version : Clouds model

zarskoe
06-19-2005, 01:19 PM
After I patched IL2PF to ver 4.01m I found out a decrease of FR, Frame Rate, that to me seems mainly due to the new graphic model of clouds.

It seems clear that the visive shape of clouds and of some other atmospherical effects like low level haze is different after 4.01m pacth.

I also tried to insert in Il2PF Conf.ini the line

TYPECLOUDS=0

to recover the old clouds model. But without any result.

Sincerely, setting

TYPECLOUDS=0

or

TYPECLOUDS=1

the clouds shape doesn't chance, but is different when compared to pre 4.01m pacht model, and negatively affecting FR.

I also tried to set

NO CLOUDS

for Clouds Detail in Il2PF video setting panel, but again with no result. After playing any mission Clouds Detail revert back to Medium Detail Clouds.

Its like if both TYPECLOUDS= in conf.ini file, both Clouds Detail in Il2PF video setting panel have no effect.

antifreeze
06-19-2005, 02:12 PM
It might be case sensitive.

[game]
TypeClouds=0

Also, the high/medium/no-clouds setting in the set-up screen only takes affect when you host online or play offline. If you join someone elses server, you have to play with what they have set.

VW-IceFire
06-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Interested on what sort of systems are having trouble with the clouds or if the clouds are actually to blame at all.

A bad line in the config.ini can cause more slowdown than most people give credit for as well.

Bearcat99
06-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Antifreeze hit it on the head....

Mr_Dak
06-19-2005, 10:14 PM
At first I thought it didn't work, but after I tried it again, TypeClouds=1.....adds the awesome looking new clouds....If it isn't working for you, then you need to double check how you did it.... It does work....and it looks super nice....

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Erebus..
06-20-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm having big trouble with the new clouds, it seems to be entirely dependant on how many of them there are. I only play online so it's new PC time for me....
But, I guess it's not too surprising:
XP1800+
Ti4200 64Mb
768 RAM