PDA

View Full Version : ***ATTENTION MISSION BUILDERS PLZ SET YOUR ROF***

carguy_
01-14-2005, 08:03 PM
I apologise for the persistence.

Please set carrier/battleship flak to 12 IMO it is best volume suited for PF multipley game wise.Noone does this so any carrier mission is screwed because vast majority of players are killed with FPS dropping@5-6.

I have tested this setting,it gives no noticable FPS drop and makes bombing pretty hard.

carguy_
01-14-2005, 08:03 PM
I apologise for the persistence.

Please set carrier/battleship flak to 12 IMO it is best volume suited for PF multipley game wise.Noone does this so any carrier mission is screwed because vast majority of players are killed with FPS dropping@5-6.

I have tested this setting,it gives no noticable FPS drop and makes bombing pretty hard.

FF_Trozaka
01-15-2005, 06:43 AM
I "turned down" the flak for a mission for some of my squadmates once... turned it down to 0.5 with about 7 large warships close together near the enemy carrier... what a hoot! LOL.
Never heard dead Val pilots laugh so hard! It was a pretty awesome sight.
then i RTFM LOL

diabloblanco1
01-15-2005, 09:22 AM
0.5 is "FASTER" than the default 1.0. The higher the number the "SLOWER" the ROF. From the readme file.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
AI

1. Many users requested additional control over the ship flak guns. We€ve added a new ROF(rate of fire) function to the FMB. This function controls the time it takes the ship to reload the weapons. Acceptable values range between 0.5 and 100, where
0.5 - half the historical time (i.e. ships fire twice as fast)
1 €" historical reload time
5 €" recommended value for lower-end machines.
100 €" the absolute slowest reload value possible. You will see virtually no flak with this setting.
Note: this function is a compromise between historical accuracy and the requests of many users who have lower end machines but want to participate in large-scale battles with many well armed ships. Increasing the pauses between salvos will lower the ship flak€s calculations during the game and thus introduce increased frame rates

whitetornado_1
01-16-2005, 06:17 AM
I put the ROF to 100 to give dialups a chance.