PDA

View Full Version : Revalations beta only on ps3 how do u feel about that

TDS ArchDemon
08-11-2011, 06:42 PM
I am a dedicated Assassins creed fan. I have beat all 3 and brotherhood multiplayer im ranked 116 overall on xbox 360. I think its very lame that the beta for online multiplayer is only on ps3. I just wanna know how the 360 and pc players feel about this. The beta only last 3 days

Mikatsuki95
08-11-2011, 06:47 PM
It'll be that more satisfying when we finally get our hands on it. Or we can just mooch off someone's PS3 and play it. whatever works

LightRey
08-11-2011, 06:48 PM
I don't really mind. I'd like playing the beta, but it's not really that important to me.

TDS ArchDemon
08-11-2011, 06:50 PM
It only last from sept 3rd to september 11th

Animuses
08-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Unless they come out with an Xbox Live Plus, there won't be a beta for 360.

Blind2Society
08-11-2011, 07:49 PM
I feel this thread is pointless, everyone with xbox is po'd and everyone with a ps3 is happy (including me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)

Originally posted by CashMoney1414:
It only last from sept 3rd to september 11th
How is it you know that when the devs in Esco's podcast didn't want to touch that question?

xCr0wnedNorris
08-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Welcome to the Forums Cash! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed by this decision to close off the beta from a majority of their playerbase, but that's their decision and I'm not all too fussed about it. I'll just wait for the full retail release.

Blind2Society
08-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
To be honest, I'm a little disappointed by this decision to close off the beta from a majority of their playerbase.
I'm not saying you're wrong as I don't know myself, but how do you know xbox users are the majority? On the surface, based on their desicion to have the beta on ps3, it would seem the opposite is true. Then again I don't have any idea.

xCr0wnedNorris
08-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I'm not saying you're wrong as I don't know myself, but how do you know xbox users are the majority? On the surface, based on their desicion to have the beta on ps3, it would seem the opposite is true. Then again I don't have any idea.

Because it's both the Xbox and PC playerbase that they've cut off from the beta.

Blind2Society
08-11-2011, 08:20 PM
That's true. I didn't think about pc http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif
Then again, they most likely looked at it in thirds, and ps3 AC fan base was probably the largest of the three. I don't know, but whatever the senario, Ubisoft had their reasons.

The only beta I've ever been able to take part in was MGS4 GOTP. I'm quite glad I get to partake in the beta for one of my top 3 game series. Woulda been a bummer if it was on xbox so I know how you guys feel I guess.

E-Zekiel
08-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Assassin's Creed has been around a lot longer than you multiplayer-centric folks have. It was only on PS3 for Brotherhood. It shouldn't really be a surprise (imo) it's the same for Revelations. This is not some vast conspiracy. This is not some kind of discrimination. Stop acting like everybody hates you. (even though I would argue there is higher % of idiots on XBox than on PS3)

(to the OP: I know you stated you've been around longer than MP, but most people getting "outraged" at this are not)

Ureh
08-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Maybe one of the reasons PS3 gets a beta is because it has more kinks that need to be smoothed out? Another thing that might be possible is that Ubi has a relationship with Sony that is similar to the one with Gamestop. How else do you explain all the Sony prizes in LBTC Comm and early reviews from PS mag.

I won't be playing the MP this time around and probably won't for the rest of the franchise. MP is too addictive and detracts everyone's attention - including the devs - from what really matters: the entire SP experience.

ace3001
08-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Assassin's Creed has been around a lot longer than you multiplayer-centric folks have. It was only on PS3 for Brotherhood. It shouldn't really be a surprise (imo) it's the same for Revelations. This is not some vast conspiracy. This is not some kind of discrimination. Stop acting like everybody hates you. (even though I would argue there is higher % of idiots on XBox than on PS3)

(to the OP: I know you stated you've been around longer than MP, but most people getting "outraged" at this are not) This is true. Honestly, I just don't get the people who have become AC players recently just for the multiplayer. They're missing out on a big portion of the game. Well, whatever floats their boats, I guess. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Oh, and by the way, I say mighty kind of them PS3 folk to offer to be the guinea pigs so that we could have a better experience with the full game. :P

xCr0wnedNorris
08-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Ureh:
I won't be playing the MP this time around and probably won't for the rest of the franchise. MP is too addictive and detracts everyone's attention - including the devs - from what really matters: the entire SP experience.
Well since they've gotten other dev teams to work on the multiplayer for them, I don't think them losing focus on the SP is going to be that big of an issue, but that's your decision.

Cpt_Yanni
08-12-2011, 06:30 AM
Pretty useless topic. Ubi signs a contract with Sony to bring the bta to PS3... You can't expect that Microsoft gets al the 'Ubi-exclusives'. Ubi-games like From Dust and Child of Eden are released for months on the Xbox 360 (exclusive for Xbox-users) and we 'PS3-users' have to wait for them...

You know what I mean? Every console has its exclusives and you have to 'be happy' with the deals that your manufacturer (Microsoft or Sony) makes with other companies like Ubisoft. It's not that we won't be able to play a certain game, as they all come out eventually on both consoles. And here we're only speaking about a 'one-week' bta. The point is; stop crying and be happy with what you have...

iMBUE_
08-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Cpt_Yanni:
Pretty useless topic. Ubi signs a contract with Sony to bring the bta to PS3... You can't expect that Microsoft gets al the 'Ubi-exclusives'. Ubi-games like From Dust and Child of Eden are released for months on the Xbox 360 (exclusive for Xbox-users) and we 'PS3-users' have to wait for them...

You know what I mean? Every console has its exclusives and you have to 'be happy' with the deals that your manufacturer (Microsoft or Sony) makes with other companies like Ubisoft. It's not that we won't be able to play a certain game, as they all come out eventually on both consoles. And here we're only speaking about a 'one-week' bta. The point is; stop crying and be happy with what you have...

Indeed.

I'm also glad to see that everyone remained mature and this thread has not become a "x console is better than- y!" argument.

Rakudaton
08-12-2011, 07:44 AM
In a perfect world, all the consoles would get equal treatment for every game. Sadly, this doesn't happen.

Console yourself with the fact that this beta is neither big nor particularly important; and that Xbox 360 users get a whole lot more games to choose from than PS3 owners.

dchil279
08-12-2011, 12:18 PM
I have a dream that one day this franchise will rise up and live out the true meaning of it's creed. I have a dream that even the call of duty franchise, as backwards as it is, will one day release it's DLC's for all consoles at the same time. I have a dream the the three gaming platforms will not be judged by the size of their wallet, but by the content of it's software.

I have a dream today

naran6142
08-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by dchil279:
I have a dream that one day this franchise will rise up and live out the true meaning of it's creed. I have a dream that even the call of duty franchise, as backwards as it is, will one day release it's DLC's for all consoles at the same time. I have a dream the the three gaming platforms will not be judged by the size of their wallet, but by the content of it's software.

I have a dream today

*wipes tears from face*

EnterinPwnZone
08-12-2011, 01:55 PM
I like the way how this guy spelled "Revelations"

naran6142
08-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by EnterinPwnZone:
I like the way how this guy spelled "Revelations"

he only screwed up one letter. give the guy a break

Animuses
08-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
and that Xbox 360 users get a whole lot more games to choose from than PS3 owners.
Meh, just your opinion.

HD RoLoS v
08-12-2011, 02:58 PM
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1187154p1.html

Read bottom paragrapgh it talks about xbox 360 but anyway i don't really care. I just want a single player demo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HIBEE12
08-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by CashMoney1414:
I am a dedicated Assassins creed fan. I have beat all 3 and brotherhood multiplayer im ranked 116 overall on xbox 360. I think its very lame that the beta for online multiplayer is only on ps3. I just wanna know how the 360 and pc players feel about this. The beta only last 3 days
lame ?, not really, im not a fanboy but ubi have more trust in ps3, and they dont take into count what rank you are , im high in the leaderboards but that didnt make ubi go for ps3, maybe they just find it best to work betas on plus xbox gets aot of exclusives

Rakudaton
08-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
and that Xbox 360 users get a whole lot more games to choose from than PS3 owners.
Meh, just your opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, that is not my opinion: that is verifiable fact. If you look at the number of games available on Xbox 360 and the number of games available on PS3, you will find the first set is significantly larger than the latter. That is fact, not opinion.

If I'd said "Xbox gets better games", that would be opinion. But I did not.

Animuses
08-12-2011, 05:31 PM
The PS3 actually has way more exclusives.

Stowdace
08-12-2011, 05:40 PM
I do feel a bit upset that I cannot be a part of the beta, being a Xbox player. I do think that as long as the final product is acceptable and playable(without bugs/gitches), then they are forgiven and the wait would be much more worth it.

LightRey
08-12-2011, 05:42 PM
I believe this is true.

Serrachio
08-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
I believe this is true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not only this, but the PS3 players also got exclusive content in ACB in the form of the Copernicus Conspiracy.

And really, why is "X console got more exclusives than Y console" an excuse?

In the podcasts done by Escoblades, Gabe and Aymar mention that the Beta serves a data-tracking function for the developers at Ubisoft.

Not only would allowing Xbox gamers to play the Beta help with data-tracking, it could help find cross console bugs quicker, and maybe even find bugs specific to the console versions themselves.

What harm would it do to spread the net wider?

E-Zekiel
08-12-2011, 10:28 PM
I figure PS3 gets more exclusives because it is a more expensive console, and not as many people play it as XBox, so XBox is the console "everybody has", and Sony can use these exclusives to help drive sales and even out the playing field a bit.

Animuses
08-12-2011, 11:37 PM
360 only has 5 million more total sales than the PS3. It's only big in the US.

Anyways, sorry for taking us off topic.
I've read online that Xbox gamers may actually get to play the beta, but at a later release. I don't remember where I read it and if I got it on the forum or not.

Krayus Korianis
08-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Unless they come out with an Xbox Live Plus, there won't be a beta for 360.

That doesn't even make sense.

1. You pay 9.99 per month or less on deals for Xbox LIVE Multiplayer gameplay. You do not pay money for PS3 MP, and you do not have to have PS+ at all.

2. Xbox is more secure than Sony, seriously.

I'd prefer a demo/beta for AC:R, but I can wait, I've experience in waiting. Unlike the children nowadays wanting things right then and there.

masterfenix2009
08-13-2011, 12:37 AM
meh, as long as I can watch videos

Cpt_Yanni
08-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
2. Xbox is more secure than Sony, seriously

You made me laugh. Microsoft's security is very similar to Sony's security. The chances that XboxLive would have been taken down by some hackers are pretty much the same. (They got in security networks of the US you know... If they can manage something like that, then I don't believe that some other manufacturers have a better security system than the US Government does. Here's the article btw: http://www.digitaltrends.com/c...olen-in-cyberattack/ (http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/pentagon-24000-military-files-stolen-in-cyberattack/)) I think that the security of both systems are equal.

For the others:
This topic really has no point. Just learn to live with the fact that each console has its exclusives. There's no need to argue here. Just buy a Xbox 360 or a PS3 if you're really so desperate to have a beta or a certain game.

Rakudaton
08-13-2011, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
I believe this is true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not only this, but the PS3 players also got exclusive content in ACB in the form of the Copernicus Conspiracy.

And really, why is "X console got more exclusives than Y console" an excuse?

In the podcasts done by Escoblades, Gabe and Aymar mention that the Beta serves a data-tracking function for the developers at Ubisoft.

Not only would allowing Xbox gamers to play the Beta help with data-tracking, it could help find cross console bugs quicker, and maybe even find bugs specific to the console versions themselves.

What harm would it do to spread the net wider? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're kind of missing my point.

The TOTAL number of games for Xbox (not exclusives) is larger than the TOTAL number of games for PS3. When you play a game, do you think to yourself "Oh wow! This is an exclusive"? The fact that PS3 has more exclusives isn't as important as the fact that it has fewer games in total.

And I wasn't using it as an excuse. I was just observing that the PS3-Xbox360 bias from devs usually (not always) runs in the opposite direction. I'm not trying to justify having a beta for the ps3 only -- and I'm certainly not condoning it -- but I was trying to console the OP with the fact that generally Xbox players end up slightly better off than PS3 players.

L.Cie
08-13-2011, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Ureh:

I completely agree with this. Multiplayer is nothing but a bonus and I've seen people treating it like it's the main component of the game. :/
I have yet to personally try the MP myself, but I'll probably play once or twice then stop unless playing with friends.
--

As for the beta being only on PS3... There could be any number of reasons, but there's no reason to see it as unfair. It's tidier, more controlled, having it on one console. It's easier to collect data on issues and correct them quicker. The PS3 group probably is the biggest one of the three, even if only by a small margin, as well.

I also agree with Cpt_Yanni: Every console has its extras, it's little perks, and things it gets first. It's not a big deal in the slightest.

Besides, it's just a beta. Only a week-long one, at that. There's nothing to miss out on, besides some pre-release bugs and getting some extra gameplay knowledge in.

Krayus Korianis
08-13-2011, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Cpt_Yanni:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
2. Xbox is more secure than Sony, seriously

You made me laugh. Microsoft's security is very similar to Sony's security. The chances that XboxLive would have been taken down by some hackers are pretty much the same. (They got in security networks of the US you know... If they can manage something like that, then I don't believe that some other manufacturers have a better security system than the US Government does. Here's the article btw: http://www.digitaltrends.com/c...olen-in-cyberattack/ (http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/pentagon-24000-military-files-stolen-in-cyberattack/)) I think that the security of both systems are equal.

For the others:
This topic really has no point. Just learn to live with the fact that each console has its exclusives. There's no need to argue here. Just buy a Xbox 360 or a PS3 if you're really so desperate to have a beta or a certain game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You made me laugh. The Xbox LIVE Service hasn't been hacked or lost any data for it's customers like Sony has. Nice try though.

I couldn't give a rat's behind about the beta. I'd like a demo, but I'm gonna wait like a turtle for AC:R since I got it Pre-Ordered at GameStop it'll be the Signature Edition, (which I think it totally crazy not to have an Animus or other edition for AC:R in the US except the Signature edition...), so I'll be having fun with the short movie and all.

Krayus Korianis
08-13-2011, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by L.Cie:
Besides, it's just a beta. Only a week-long one, at that. There's nothing to miss out on, besides some pre-release bugs and getting some extra gameplay knowledge in.

Actually, that's the first part of the beta, after that it's open to everyone on the PS3 until AC:R is released.

Cpt_Yanni
08-13-2011, 05:30 AM
You made me laugh. The Xbox LIVE Service hasn't been hacked or lost any data for it's customers like Sony has. Nice try though.

You clearly missed the point of my post. Like I said, the chance that Microsoft's 'Live-services' were hacked instead of the PSN are the same. Read again: the same. If these hackers can get into the Pentagon with a cyberattack, then I don't think that Microsoft is capable to hold off such an attack.

Besides, you can't proof that the security of Microsoft is superior. No one tried to hack it yet, so a better security on Live-services? I rather doubt it.

Anyway, It has really no point to discuss about this as there isn't any proof of which security system is the better. Like stated before, if these hackers can get in to the Pentagon, than the security system of Microsoft is peanuts for them. Nowadays we really can't call any service 100% secure you know... (Or more secure)

Actually, that's the first part of the beta, after that it's open to everyone on the PS3 until AC:R is released.

Nothing has been officially confirmed about that. Ubisoft only stated that there is a "closed" beta for Plus and uPlay users (for one week), no further information was given about a public beta. Please, don't spread rumors... Or make people 'angry' for no reason.

Biomedical-Fire
08-13-2011, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis: 2. Xbox is more secure than Sony, seriously. Actually Microsoft Executives didn't come out and say "XBL and XBox can't be hacked" like Sony Executives did with the PS3 and PSN. Some members of Anonymous saw it as direct challenge from Sony, so they hacked it, and showed the world if they can bring Sony to their knees, they can bring everyone to their knees. So this is the reason why XBL and XBox wasn't hacked. Now they have their eyes on bringing FaceBook crashing down.

reini03
08-13-2011, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis: 2. Xbox is more secure than Sony, seriously. Actually Microsoft Executives didn't come out and say "XBL and XBox can't be hacked" like Sony Executives did with the PS3 and PSN. Some members of Anonymous saw it as direct challenge from Sony, so they hacked it, and showed the world if they can bring Sony to their knees, they can bring everyone to their knees. So this is the reason why XBL and XBox wasn't hacked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anonymous themselves called it "Operation Sony" or "Operation Payback". They teamed up with George Hotz because that guy was sued by Sony for hacking the PS3 and publishing jailbreak information. So they didn't take it as a challenge, they simply were like "Oh cool those guys sued that guy now letz just hax them so we're cool as well". True story, unless I missed something.

Cpt_Yanni
08-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
Some members of Anonymous saw it as direct challenge from Sony, so they hacked it, and showed the world if they can bring Sony to their knees, they can bring everyone to their knees.

I couldn't agree more. You've just explained in one sentence what I'm explaining in a ten-lines text. Bravo! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

(Now I'm wondering what security has in fact to do with 'exclusives' on a console...)

itsamea-mario
08-13-2011, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by assassino151:
meh, as long as I can watch videos

If I'm not mistaken, you have a ps3.

Mad_Fox84
08-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Sony paid Ubisoft for the beta. There is nothing anybody can do about this, hence why the 360 isn't getting it.

Biomedical-Fire
08-14-2011, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Cpt_Yanni: I couldn't agree more. You've just explained in one sentence what I'm explaining in a ten-lines text. Bravo! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

(Now I'm wondering what security has in fact to do with 'exclusives' on a console...) Anonymous now wants to target FaceBook and bring it down. They want to teach Mark Zuckerberg and company a lesson in that there are other smart people out there not just him and his buddies. There is another reason too, but not too sure exactly what it is, just something along the lines of they want to show users of FB that they're being tracked or something.

Now to the topic at hand, at first I was kinda miffed that the 360 wasn't getting the beta, but since I really only played the MP when I wanted to play something other than CoD and Gears, I gotten over it. However, whenever I got Revelations I was going to play more of the MP this time around and would've loved to of had the beta so I could help shape the polished product, but if they don't want to give the 360 a beta so be it. Nothing I can do about it, so why be mad.

davo1270
08-14-2011, 02:28 AM
They did it last year, why shouldn't they also do it this year, I mean come on, it's the PS3!!!

HIBEE12
08-14-2011, 02:55 AM
well gabe said they chose ps3 for lots of reasons, http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jexx21
08-14-2011, 07:15 AM
I always think it's funny when I hear people who play on consoles all the time saying that the consoles can't be hacked.

The sad thing is, when one would get hacked, it brings down the entire system. Whereas, if you hack a PC.. you just hacked one person's PC.

Unless you hacked their Steam account. Then you got a ton of their games if they use mostly Steam. But they have a fairly secure system for that, because you can't log in to your Steam account from any computer but your own without using a verification code that would be sent to your e-mail.

...but they can hack your e-mail.

beanodad
08-14-2011, 11:30 AM
It's not really that surprising the beta is a PS3 exclusive, the Brotherhood one was a PS3 exclusive as well. I participated in that one, and I'll participate in this one.

D173120T
08-14-2011, 11:40 AM
In answer to the original question.I am as happy as a 6 year old getting the worlds best christmas present..............ever a PS3!

Black_Widow9
08-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Yes. Let's please stay on Topic.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

PrAyLuDe1
08-14-2011, 10:12 PM
I was dissapointed when I heard it was PS3 only. But nothing we can do about it, so whatev.

You PS3 users better tell us Xboxers how it is though! xD

Animuses
08-15-2011, 01:11 AM

1. You pay 9.99 per month or less on deals for Xbox LIVE Multiplayer gameplay. You do not pay money for PS3 MP, and you do not have to have PS+ at all.

It was never intended to be a serious comment and Microsoft makes you pay $60 a year for content that is already on your disc and (this must be something worth your money) advertisements across your dashboard (never mind).

StarScream391
08-15-2011, 01:20 AM
LOL PS3 ftw.

Crouching.Tiger
08-15-2011, 02:34 AM
I don't care, as I only play the single player part of the game.

LightRey
08-15-2011, 06:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:

It was never intended to be a serious comment and Microsoft makes you pay $60 a year for content that is already on your disc and (this must be something worth your money) advertisements across your dashboard (never mind). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You do realize there are things like servers they need to maintain to keep MP going right? xbox has a huge MP audience. It makes perfect sense to pay for it.

flyingeaglemile
08-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Even though I own a PS3 I was kind of hoping that the beta would come to PC too as they kind of "owe" it to the PC community for all the delays.

thedeadman_47
08-15-2011, 07:33 PM
it's not a full ps3 exclusive but a timed one which means ps3 owners will play the beta porior to other consels so no need to cry ps3 ownrs will have it for a week before it's released for other consels so don't get disappointed (thank god i own a ps3) check the articale about herehttp://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1187154p1.html

Biomedical-Fire
08-15-2011, 08:02 PM
It's sad that people try to make threads into a topic for console wars. I understand brand loyalty, but please, if you don't have anything constructive to say that adds to the thread then don't reply. Most people don't care if you think the PS3 is better than the 360 or the Wii is better than the PS3. We all have our reasons why we bought our system of choice.