PDA

View Full Version : Ja gauges *Need Reference*

georgeo76
10-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Ok, I've been practicing w/ the Japanese AC after neglecting the ones found in AEP. Can someone please help me find some cockpit references for these birds? I can already spot the basics, but even then I'm confused about the exact measurement systems. Please give me all the info you can about any, or all the flyable Ja AC in PF.
----------------------------
I can spot these gauges:

Altimeter:

Airspeed indicator (although I'm confused about the graduations, I'd expect the Ja Navy birds to be in knots, but they appear to be Km/h)

Varriometer (once again, I'd like to know the graduation ftX1000/min? Km/min? I'm ignorant)

Tachometer

Manifold pressure: although I can find this puppy, I don't know how to read it. Seems to be a totally different system than inches of pressure, like positive and negative atmospheres or something... please explain.

Turn slip

Artificial Horizon

Compass

-----------------------------

I can't spot these gauges

Oil temp, pressure?

fuel gauge

tape deck

There are a bunch of other gauges that I see but have no idea how to use. In the zero, there seems to be some kind of radio direction finder... dose this work? how do I use it?

georgeo76
10-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Ok, I've been practicing w/ the Japanese AC after neglecting the ones found in AEP. Can someone please help me find some cockpit references for these birds? I can already spot the basics, but even then I'm confused about the exact measurement systems. Please give me all the info you can about any, or all the flyable Ja AC in PF.
----------------------------
I can spot these gauges:

Altimeter:

Airspeed indicator (although I'm confused about the graduations, I'd expect the Ja Navy birds to be in knots, but they appear to be Km/h)

Varriometer (once again, I'd like to know the graduation ftX1000/min? Km/min? I'm ignorant)

Tachometer

Manifold pressure: although I can find this puppy, I don't know how to read it. Seems to be a totally different system than inches of pressure, like positive and negative atmospheres or something... please explain.

Turn slip

Artificial Horizon

Compass

-----------------------------

I can't spot these gauges

Oil temp, pressure?

fuel gauge

tape deck

There are a bunch of other gauges that I see but have no idea how to use. In the zero, there seems to be some kind of radio direction finder... dose this work? how do I use it?

georgeo76
10-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Ok, I've done some digging and found some neat stuff

Japanese gauge reference (as posted by luthier1 in the pacific war links thread)

http://www.sam.hi-ho.ne.jp/ki-44/

Tagetware manual

http://www.targetware.net/documentation/tw_play_instruments.html