PDA

View Full Version : Mission question

cobaltz0rz
04-16-2007, 01:10 PM
When starting a new mission, how do I go about completing it?

1. After takeoff, how do I get my formation back together?
2. Does autopilot bring you to your next way point and keep your group together for you?
3. Do you have to do this all on your own?
4. How do you use time accel properly. I tried it once and some of my group got jumped by the enemy and killed before I could stop the time accel.
5. How do you end a mission.

Thank you in advance

As you can tell I am very new at this game, and am a little confused.

XyZspineZyX
04-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by cobaltz0rz:
When starting a new mission, how do I go about completing it?

1. After takeoff, how do I get my formation back together?
2. Does autopilot bring you to your next way point and keep your group together for you?
3. Do you have to do this all on your own?
4. How do you use time accel properly. I tried it once and some of my group got jumped by the enemy and killed before I could stop the time accel.
5. How do you end a mission.

Thank you in advance

As you can tell I am very new at this game, and am a little confused.

1) are you the flight leader?
2) autopilot makes your plane go to the next waypoint- not the closest waypoint, the next one in line that you have not reached. Your flight will not follow you unless you are the leader. if you are not the leader, they will continue without you
3) do what, exactly? I don't follow your meaning here
4) there is no "improper" way to use time accel. You can always hit Pause, and then re-scale time while paused
5) You end a mission by pressing "esc". the sim is designed so that there is no "automatic" ending just because you acheived your primary goal.

cobaltz0rz
04-16-2007, 10:27 PM
aye thanks a lot, everythings settled

cobaltz0rz
04-17-2007, 05:48 PM
I have one more question though. My squadron wasnt able to land for some reason. We just kept going around the airbase for about 10 mins requesting permission and the tower kept making us abort our landings. So I finally ended up just landing myself and ending the mission. Is it ok to do this? And was that a bug that happens sometime?

PS: in my event log it says I shot down a pe-2 and then under it says "Had a premonition of death". What in the world is that? on the debiref it also said that, and not anything about the mission. it said something like "Mission debrieg ignored, had a premonition of death"
Is that some form of good immersion?

Lurch1962
04-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Especially if there's a lot of traffic around the field, it can take a looong time for all the birdies to fly back into the nest. Planes in a flight will request permission to land in quick succession, but can only land one by one and with a generous separation in time. Hence all the orders from the tower to abort.

There's nothing wrong with ending the mission before other flight members have landed.

As for the "premonition" thing, I have no idea what that's all about!

--Lurch--

BadA1m
04-18-2007, 02:03 PM
PS: in my event log it says I shot down a pe-2 and then under it says "Had a premonition of death". What in the world is that? on the debiref it also said that, and not anything about the mission. it said something like "Mission debrieg ignored, had a premonition of death"
Is that some form of good immersion?

I think that only happens when you die or fail the mission, then hit refly, i.e.; "it was all a dream"