PDA

View Full Version : Is Far Cry 3 at E3 really running on a console?

HB_Oskool
06-07-2011, 02:51 AM
I watched the E3 gameplay trailer of Far Cry 3 and am very impressed by the graphics. I noticed while the main character was trying to break free from the ropes, some on-screen text reading tap "A" button popped up.

If it is indeed running on a console, I'm blown away by the graphics.

I personally think it was running on a PC, but seeing as I own an Xbox, I hope I'm wrong.

Also, not to be mean but, I find the text coloring on this message board to be atrocious. It hurts my eyes and gives me a head ache.

xC00rS-LiGhTx
06-07-2011, 04:00 AM
I think it is running on consoles...But the demo on E3 was played via pc i think...I agree with you if that was on a console, I would be drooling with the graphics n all if it was console at E3..

nster81
06-07-2011, 06:05 AM
It was on the Xbox 360 based on the button layout, which blew me away. Motion blur and engine power like this is rare on consoles. It looks great in my opinion.

nurgis
06-07-2011, 06:50 AM
@nster81:

The PC can be used with an Xbox controller and alot of PC games will actually show Xbox button icons.

nster81
06-07-2011, 07:53 AM
^ True, but sensitivity is really crazy with the sticks on PC and there's usually no aim assist. Perhaps we'll find conformation down the road. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

IceT-Bag
06-08-2011, 07:58 AM
I would be disappointed if those where PC graphics, the character models looked aweful (cartoony) for a modern game.

B STATS
03-06-2012, 06:51 AM
They usually use consoles for demos to not create any disapointment on release day due to people owning a console expecting graphics that are only achieved on a high end PC. BTW PC gamers are arrogant p*****

B STATS
03-06-2012, 06:57 AM
One thing is certain... It aint no useless Nintendo product lol.

lil kimoooo
03-06-2012, 02:22 PM
watch the machinima trailer , its xbox bro !

lil_morta_7
03-06-2012, 03:23 PM
^ Wrong, (and I don't see why we haven't sorted this out yet, eight months later) it's running on PC with a 360 controller.

lil kimoooo
03-06-2012, 03:30 PM
want proof ? ok go type on youtube ( machinma farcry 3 ) you'll find the coverage and you'll see an xbox 360 controler , a tv , no CPU , no moniter ..............just a tv !

lil kimoooo
03-06-2012, 03:46 PM
anyways , i think you'll hardly find any diffrence between pc and console !
just like all other games on this planet !

RaZoRFINNISH
03-06-2012, 03:51 PM
They usually use consoles for demos to not create any disapointment on release day due to people owning a console expecting graphics that are only achieved on a high end PC. BTW PC gamers are arrogant p*****

Actually, most developers usually show their game off on a PC running on the maximum settings. This is because they *WANT* to create that kind of super-graphics hype. (Far Cry 2, Crysis 2...)

DapperHayden007
03-06-2012, 03:59 PM
anyways , i think you'll hardly find any diffrence between pc and console !
just like all other games on this planet !

I pointed out in a PM many differences for you. Yet you still fail to see them!? What the...
kimoo, graphics isn't difference in placement. its difference in overall looks.

Oh and, E3 was console.
Medusa's mast was PC

The4orTy67
03-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Don't underestimate consoles.

lil kimoooo
03-06-2012, 05:07 PM
ok i said there are diffrence just not obvious ! like you have to focus !

DapperHayden007
03-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Viragox, I have been trying to explain the difference between graphics to him for 2 days now, No matter what is said, it will be ignored with the term "But it doesn't look different apart from brightness"

Oh well, It was a good debate.

lil kimoooo
03-06-2012, 05:35 PM
what i mean is you cant just look at both consoles and pc and point out the diffrence in a second !

what im saying is there is no BIG diffrences in graphics

Mr_Shade
03-06-2012, 05:38 PM
The E3 demo footage, showing the attack to take the helicopter, was a PC - running the game - using a Xbox controller, this was confirmed at the time.

lil kimoooo
03-06-2012, 05:39 PM
ok i had it !!! no diffrences !!!!!!! except brightness !!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe im just blind i donno but i cant spot the diffrences !!

search it up , (any game ) console vs pc ! no diffrences except some rocks over here that arent there ,this is darker than the other , the sun is more shiny , that building should be a bit to the right ........ THATS IT !!!!

lil kimoooo
03-06-2012, 05:40 PM
The E3 demo footage, showing the attack to take the helicopter, was a PC - running the game - using a Xbox controller, this was confirmed at the time.

if thats PC then Madusa's mast is xbox !
i should of known that the (X) (A) where in colours !!!!!

Mr_Shade
03-06-2012, 05:44 PM
If you use a Xbox pad on PC - some games remap the ****ons to show the Xbox ****ons on screen.. so you should ever assume it's always an xbox..

You need to compare PC vs Console in real life - looking at Youtube videos won't give you a far impression - since the video is compressed.

An Xbox 360 running a game at 1080 vs a PC at the same resolution.

Xbox gives good bang per buck, but the PC would win on texture filtering, AA and other effects though.. which don't always show up well on youtube..

lil kimoooo
03-06-2012, 05:55 PM
A picture alone doesn't always do justice. You must play on console and later on maximum settings on a good PC in order to judge but still what you call brightness (HDR) is to simulate real life where the light actually bounces onto your eyes rather than a simple white painted neon http://media.enterbf3.com/images/bf3-hd1.jpg

it took me hours to figure out the diffrence in that pic and the only diff is his hand , his face is exactly the same !

but that would be cool if it was in 3D right vigrox !
imagine the gun coming out of the screen on your head lol !

B STATS
03-07-2012, 07:14 AM
I'm an XBOX 360 owner and while I refuse to count that terrible console by Sony for anything I do know that PC have superior visuals on games, however they are usualy several thousand dollar investments and bulky desk covers that need constant upgrading so you have to kind of expect them to be better than a 400 dollar console...

lil kimoooo
03-07-2012, 02:42 PM
ok so ,
E3 gameplay is PC (because MR_SHADE cofirmed it and the bo-ttons were not coloured like the controler )
Madusa's mast xbox360 (because the bu-ttons are the same colour of the controler and not like the e3 gameplay )
i think te next gameplay will be PS3 ......... so dont be sad ps3 players ! :)

lil_morta_7
03-07-2012, 03:45 PM
When were we sad? PS3 is better than 360 so all we can expect is better stuff... ;)

B STATS
03-07-2012, 04:20 PM
PC is the best but you pay thousands of dollars for a decent setup and still constantly need to upgrade and stuff around with it so if it wasn't superior I'd be very worried. In any case this makes it inconvenient. XBOX 360 is from Microsoft, the next best thing to a PC and the controllers are perfect. Then you have... Erm... What are those other consoles out atm? Oh never mind they aren't in the same league as what I mentioned. Ultimately though FC3 could have the most perfect graphics but if they leave in weapon/hand clipping then the whole thing is stuffed and meaningless. NOTHING kills immersion and realism like fingers sticking through pistol grips... The IED detonator in FC2 ****ed the whole thing up for me with clipping. Some pathetic games have every single weapon clipped through some part of you *cough Fallout cough*

lil kimoooo
03-07-2012, 06:06 PM
When were we sad? PS3 is better than 360 so all we can expect is better stuff... ;)

THIS MEANS WAR !!!!!
but really there is no diffrence between ps3 and xbox 360 !

lil_morta_7
03-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Guys I was kidding. I think we all know that the PC is in every way superior to any console, and the PS3 and 360 are almost equal. Only thing that sets 'em apart is PSN's free online service.

B STATS
03-08-2012, 04:21 AM
WTF is a PS3? Lol