PDA

View Full Version : Sequels..

kruskev
05-18-2006, 12:56 AM
I loved sands of time, I thought it was a great game. However I really did not like warrior within or two thrones mainly because I felt that the sequels did not capture the original game's quality in terms of the map's design and just overall quality level in general. I know that the original team did not work on the sequels and I really dislike how ubisoft handles these franchises. Take Splinter cell for instance. They had different teams working for sequels and they went back and forth. I understand from a business standpoint, ubisoft wants to make quick sequels to make money but I really hope they do not do this with the assassin's creed franchise. For once, I want to see ubisoft allow a team to take control of a franchise and let them work at their own pace to build a quality game and sequels. If Assassin's creed turns out to be AAA game I better not hear that the sequel is coming out in a year by Ubisoft shanghai or a different team at ubisoft montreal. What do you guys think?

yavanna_1986
05-18-2006, 01:09 AM
One year is not enough to make a good sequel. I for one liked Warrior Within, but many people complained about bugs and glitches ( I was lucky enough to play the game without encountering any ). As for The Two Thrones, they had to give up on a lot of cool things because they didn't have enough time.

Real fans can wait even 3 or 4 years for a sequel. For example, I've been waiting for Gothic 3 for since 2003. The guys from Piranha Bytes take their time because they don't want to disappoint the fans. I could wait another year, just to get the game that I was waiting for. A beautiful game, which is a good sequel to the previous game(s).

Or they should leave the game alone and stop making sequels for every game that comes out.

kruskev
05-18-2006, 04:03 AM
Yeah, If I really like a franchise I could wait 3 to 4 years for a sequel (i.e metal gear solid). 1 year is definitely too short. Ubisoft makes some amazing games but I am really hoping that they let at least some franchises some much needed development time for the sequels... it isnt always about the money ubisoft! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

I really don't want to compare ubisoft to EA but if they mess up assassin's creed by announcing 3 sequels over the next 4 years or someting they are no better than EA.

Red_Mercury901
05-18-2006, 12:27 PM
I was loonking foreward to Black and White 2 for a long time... REALLY long time, and when it came out I was like "Damn". (i.e. I was dissapointed in Black and White 2) *sigh* I lost all respect for EA http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif.

moobz
05-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Or they should leave the game alone and stop making sequels for every game that comes out.

So what you are saying is that we shouldnt have another pop or AC?? oh no, that cannot happen, i would completly loose it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

HorTyS
05-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Red_Mercury901:
I was loonking foreward to Black and White 2 for a long time... REALLY long time, and when it came out I was like "Damn". (i.e. I was dissapointed in Black and White 2) *sigh* I lost all respect for EA http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif.

your first mistake was having respect for EA in the first place. but Black and White 2 wasn't EA's fault, they may have put pressure on Lionhead to get it done faster, but Lionhead studios werer the developers, EA just published B&W 2.

i do agree on the single studio idea though. i think that when you're switching the same franchise back and fourth between studios, the feel/ tone of the game changes. i think that the focus on a series can change when you switch who's in charge of it's development. for example, with splinter cell, Montreal's team seems to focus a bit more on staying realistic and they have a more scientific approach, while it seems Shanghai's focus seems to be more on story and they focus on it so much so that they change things about the series to justify what they need for the story to work with the gameplay. a prime example of this is that they removed the goggles, this would be ok but they then thought people would complain about not having vision modes so they put vision modes in the reflex sight of Sam's rifle, which is basically a magnifying glass with a targeting dot in the center, that is just stupid. they should take the "tom clancy" name off the box if they're gonna do stuff like that.

It sounds like the creators of this game have a very defined focus and vision for where the game should go, and i wouldn't want to see that vision ruined by handing it off to another development house.

yavanna_1986
05-19-2006, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by moobz:

So what you are saying is that we shouldnt have another pop or AC?? oh no, that cannot happen, i would completly loose it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif
Something like that... I would love to see a new POP Trilogy, but I would like to see consistency throught the game. Same voice for the Prince, same atmosphere. You know what happened with the POP Games... The voices of the characters changed, even the face of the Prince. In every game he looked different. I didn't like that.

kew414
05-19-2006, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by yavanna_1986:
The voices of the characters changed, even the face of the Prince. In every game he looked different.

They did change heaps...
In fact when I saw WW in the shops I went like a month without knowing it was the sequel for SoT until I actually read the back and figured out it was http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif.
Even when I was playing it was hard for me to believe it was the next game...

Thats how much everything changed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

But WW was a great game though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Vey03
05-19-2006, 07:07 AM
Well, they are saying AC sequels are planned for the future, so lets hope they get it right.

I think if you are planning a trilogy, you need to have things mapped out from the start.

Like Yavanna, i loved WW, but it was a totally different game.

TheSpartanCrow
05-19-2006, 09:20 PM
I believe that if there is gonna be a sequel, that it should be during the Fourth Crusade, and it would be set in Constantinople, Venice, (they had a large role in the crusade) and Zara, in Dalmatia. (this city was destroyed by the crusaders as a result of Venetian manipulation)

Yog1243
05-19-2006, 10:15 PM
In order for any video game to be successful or any sequel IMO it takes 2 or 3 years to make the game. Also, if there are sequels planned make the storyline and the mechannics of the game fit while adding new things.

I think that Ubi. will learn from their lessons with the POP series of games hopefully.

If you also plan to make sequels to games it doesn't hurt to have the game on Multiple platforms neither. That way the game company can attract more fans of the trilogy.

Every game needs time in order to develop a fan base. If there isn't a stong base established early in Trilogy games a game company might cancel the trilogy. For example: BG&E was gonig to have 2 sequels to it I belive ,but becasue of lack of sales it was cancelled. BG&E was on multiple consoles ,but when a game is only on one console so far or plans of it.......

If they plan to do a sequel if they have a charater int his game that is going to appear in future games I would perfer the same voice actor to play the character in sequels if possible. Voices don't ususally change in weeks or years once grown. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

To summerize, So far my main concerns about sequels and the trilogy of AC are the following:

1. Time in between sequls and the developemnt of the game.
2. Limitations to the consoles that can play AC

HorTyS
05-19-2006, 10:41 PM
yeah, i hope that they keep the same team making the sequels and i hope that they take as much time needed to make the sequels as good as they can be.

One thing that's really cool, is that with this strange 'futuristic' twist the game has, and how it seems like it's actually just a simulation that you're in, they can make sequels in completely different time periods, which is awesome. new time periods could keep variety strong throughout the series and keep them from looking the same all the time.

I'm really excited for AC and hope i'm able to get it at one point or another....

kruskev
05-20-2006, 06:10 AM
I dont know about multi-system always helping in sells. Certainly there are games like madden which sells well through out the different platforms. But there are also games like metal gear solid 2 which sold incredibly well on the ps2 but bombed on the xbox. I am not a sony fanboy, but I do notice that when a game is specific for a particular platform (like many ps2 titles), it tends to look better because they can take advantage of the known strengths of the platform. So, personally I would like ubisoft to stick with one platform and continue the franchise there. I heard they were doing splinter cell on the 360 and assassin's creed on the ps3. Perhaps ubisoft is trying to build up a franchise on each respective systems which is cool imo.

Pimptopian
06-07-2006, 12:54 PM
I think that ubi noticed the mistake they made with splinter cell but it was too late and they could not change that. They will not make the same mistake with this game. This game is going to be the ultimate launch game, this game is going to be bigger than halo. And when people get hooked on AC (which they will) AC2 has to be better than the first game. I mean what would ubi montreal will not let another company mess with their child and thats what AC is to them, a child they started from scratch and i can promise they will fight tooth and nail to do the sequal.

PoPFan05
08-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by yavanna_1986:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moobz:

Something like that... I would love to see a new POP Trilogy, but I would like to see consistency throught the game. Same voice for the Prince, same atmosphere. You know what happened with the POP Games... The voices of the characters changed, even the face of the Prince. In every game he looked different. I didn't like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There will be a Next Generation Prince of Persia game...

Ubisoft is bringing the linen-clad warrior to Nintendo's new system after all.

Read Full Article Here:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/723/723863p1.html

drumnd
08-25-2006, 09:11 PM
I'd like to see sequels, but in a totally new time setting. Possibly during the Roman Empire? There could be a sequel taking place in World War II, perhaps on the Russian front. Instead of different cities, it would be different battles. Instead of assassinating crusader leaders, you'd be assassinating Nazi officers and generals.

Just my 2 cents.

Fates.Dark.Hand
08-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Call me borring, but i'm going to wait for the first Assassins Creed to come out before the other ones. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

entropy777
08-26-2006, 04:44 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">The whole definition of a sequel is that it's an inferior product to the original, a clone with a few changes... I'd like to see some good games instead of sequels which are more and more like expansion packs rather than real games.

If the game developers spent half the time they spend trying to squeeze as much money out of a game as possible, on trying to write a decent plot or scripting a half assed combat system, we would all be alot happier.</span>

Fates.Dark.Hand
08-26-2006, 05:07 PM
To be honest, i really can't see how Ubi can make a sequal, unless they ruin the stotyline and say "somhow one of the people Altair kills in his mission to stop the war from proceeding has a son, and that son is getting revenge upon his fathers death by chacing Altiar with another evil assassin that happens to be like Altair in everyway but in a black cloak http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif"

Stick with one game for now. i can't really be botherd to think about the sequal, i'm focusing on the one that still is being made, the first one. *runs away to play LocoRoco*

Chimerageist
08-27-2006, 01:21 AM
First off Prince's face changed because of his current situation...In Warrior Within he has been shaped by contantly being hunted by this huge...destroy everything scare the **** out of you monster thing lol.Hes become cold...and hes taking quite a few beatings.In the first one hes brand new and just started out fresh...still young.In the third he looks not as bad as in the 2nd because he went back in time.Now I think that all three Prince of Persia games worked together perfectly...they took dramatic changes in the story yet wove it together so perfectly...and the games were awesome.2 wasn't as good as the other two but still great.The two thrones was by far the best.Yes giving a game to different developers can be disheartening but its still all good...when I heard a different developer was doing the ratchet and clank game for the psp...I was shocked 0.o...I love ratchet and clank!!!I wanted the original guys to do it...but its still gonan be good.(I hope...or I will personally kill each and every one of them.*insert creepy smile here*)Assassin's Creed is gonna be just as amazing....it looks so damn awesome.The main assassin looks kinda like prince though IMHO lol.

DarkCrawler90
08-27-2006, 04:56 AM
Assassins Creed is part of an trilogy...

"News has also circulated about a 'sci-fi twist', due to information from developer interviews, and some effects visible in trailers of the game. It is theorized that the historical setting may be a simulation, for purposes of training or other gain, being undertaken by an unknown group in the future. During a trailer shown at E3, the screen would glitch and go fuzzy at times, and at one point where Altair is killed, the screen fades to black and then shows a head's up display with the words 'computer offline'. Ubisoft have confirmed Assassin's Creed will be part of a trilogy, and have also stated that one or both of the sequels will have a futuristic setting."

There is going to be at least two sequels.

FableB
08-27-2006, 06:47 AM
Computer offline?!!!!! Ewwww!

entropy777
08-27-2006, 07:15 AM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Perfectly good game ruined... Where the hell do they get these writers? They all belong in an asylum, every last one of them.
Every single game has to be a cheap Hollywood knockoff, like they don't produce enough simpleton movies there? Snakes on a Plane, Terminator movies, Die Hard <-- Explosions and idiots.</span>

Lhorkan
08-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by entropy777:
Perfectly good game ruined... Where the hell do they get these writers? They all belong in an asylum, every last one of them.

I'm sure you can get them there, seeing as how you're an Ubi employee. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Fates.Dark.Hand
08-27-2006, 08:53 AM
If this game turns out to be a future/turminator/cyborg/matrix storyline, i'm leaving this forum and not buying this game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

terminalShock09
08-27-2006, 01:58 PM
I second that motion! Ok, well I probably won't have enough willpower, but I can try! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Does anyone else think that it was stupid of Ubisoft to tell us that there's a furturistic twist? It's like one of those Shyamalan movies... When people tell you that there's a twist, what's so surprising about it? I can't imagine that it's going to be super mind-blowingly novel.

RetiredHatch
08-27-2006, 03:26 PM
what's wrong with a futuristic "twist" ya'll (sorry texas ya'll means you guys :-\) don't even know what that means to the game yet that basically just means for right now when you die the thing's gonna say "system offline" that's not gonna change the third crusade setting of the game just the game over screen maybe possibly it'll change the sequals but how much do we actually know about the sequals? how much do we know about the very first game? don't think a game's bad just because instead of saying game over it'll say "system offline" -_-

OH_DragonBoy
08-28-2006, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Fates.Dark.Hand:
If this game turns out to be a future/turminator/cyborg/matrix storyline, i'm leaving this forum and not buying this game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif If the game turns out like that I'd tell you to take your head out of your *** and give it a freaking chance. The game looks fantastic now; how would a sci-fi twist completely ruin what promices to be a great game? It's bringing more to the story than "go out, kill people".
Look at it this way; the best artists come up with something, and then they find a reason to create that something. Just making a game about going out killing according to orders is something anyone could do. This isn't just an episode in a series of assassination games; it's part of the story of the man who is, so it seems at the moment, controlling Altair.

People may think that games are too dramatic, and need to come up with something that is...maybe just someone doing their job. You got that with Black, and I've heard a lot of people saying they hated the game.

Rant over.

Fates.Dark.Hand
08-28-2006, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by OH_DragonBoy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fates.Dark.Hand:
If this game turns out to be a future/turminator/cyborg/matrix storyline, i'm leaving this forum and not buying this game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif If the game turns out like that I'd tell you to take your head out of your *** and give it a freaking chance. The game looks fantastic now; how would a sci-fi twist completely ruin what promices to be a great game? It's bringing more to the story than "go out, kill people".
Look at it this way; the best artists come up with something, and then they find a reason to create that something. Just making a game about going out killing according to orders is something anyone could do. This isn't just an episode in a series of assassination games; it's part of the story of the man who is, so it seems at the moment, controlling Altair.

People may think that games are too dramatic, and need to come up with something that is...maybe just someone doing their job. You got that with Black, and I've heard a lot of people saying they hated the game.

Rant over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FYI my head is out of my ***, its my choice or not if i would buy this game not yours, not Ubisoft. Having a fantastic look (that it does have) proves s*** about the storyline, gameplay, twists, or anything else like that, all we would have to go on are pictures. So because the graphics are awsome your going to buy this game even if the storyline is "Altiar is a super mophing cyborg from the year 7489, and he's come to kill random people as a sport"
so your telling me that from what you have seen (and that means the cover of the book) you are judging it. If the storyline is terrible and ruins what we all think would be an awsome storyline, your still going to get it cause the graphics are good, so even if you hate the storyline and think Ubi have ruined a game over the poor storyline your still going tog et the game so you can stair at the amazing graphics of Altiars *** seeing as it does "look amazing"

My point here is that you just seam to be judging the game on the screen shots, hell yes the game does look amazing from the screenshots, and hell yes from what we have been told, but i'm not going to buy a game that has got so much hype cause it does look awsome and does look like the next gen masterpeice the is ruined by cyborgs or whatever. However i would buy the game if the sci-fi twist was that a team of assassins in the future needed the best Asssassin to stop a war in the future so they picked Altiar up from the past to save the future, or whatever. Then i'll buy the game, but untill then if the game is made into a sci-fi super robot whatever and ruins what I would call a game shaping up to be awsome, then i wont buy it.

Rant Over http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DarkCrawler90
08-28-2006, 08:08 AM
Altair is just one of the ancestors of the guy. I think next games will take place in some other time era. Maybe WWII, or a futuristic city. It has been said that this game is set on Crusades, so I guess 99% of it is set in Crusades, with only the occasional cutscenes and "game over" scenes. The whole backstory is that Altairs descentant follows his actions in the past.

Sandwarrior1990
08-28-2006, 08:18 AM
Don't worry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Ubi are good with the whole time traveling theme http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
It'll still be kick *** http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fates.Dark.Hand
08-28-2006, 08:21 AM
It better be! *shakes fist* http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Sandwarrior1990
08-28-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by DarkCrawler90:
Altair is just one of the ancestors of the guy. I think next games will take place in some other time era. Maybe WWII, or a futuristic city. It has been said that this game is set on Crusades, so I guess 99% of it is set in Crusades, with only the occasional cutscenes and "game over" scenes. The whole backstory is that Altairs descentant follows his actions in the past.
A WWII assassin game would be fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Although the presence of guns in the game might ruin the escape features. Like in AC, we'll be running away from guards with swords (and maybe the occasional crossbow), that's all very well.. but guards armed with guns is a whole different story http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif.
It would be a lot of fun though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OH_DragonBoy
08-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Fates.Dark.Hand.
FYI my head is out of my ***, its my choice or not if i would buy this game not yours, not Ubisoft. Having a fantastic look (that it does have) proves s*** about the storyline, gameplay, twists, or anything else like that, all we would have to go on are pictures. So because the graphics are awsome your going to buy this game even if the storyline is "Altiar is a super mophing cyborg from the year 7489, and he's come to kill random people as a sport"
so your telling me that from what you have seen (and that means the cover of the book) you are judging it. If the storyline is terrible and ruins what we all think would be an awsome storyline, your still going to get it cause the graphics are good, so even if you hate the storyline and think Ubi have ruined a game over the poor storyline your still going tog et the game so you can stair at the amazing graphics of Altiars *** seeing as it does "look amazing"

My point here is that you just seam to be judging the game on the screen shots, hell yes the game does look amazing from the screenshots, and hell yes from what we have been told, but i'm not going to buy a game that has got so much hype cause it does look awsome and does look like the next gen masterpeice the is ruined by cyborgs or whatever. However i would buy the game if the sci-fi twist was that a team of assassins in the future needed the best Asssassin to stop a war in the future so they picked Altiar up from the past to save the future, or whatever. Then i'll buy the game, but untill then if the game is made into a sci-fi super robot whatever and ruins what I would call a game shaping up to be awsome, then i wont buy it.

Rant Over http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'm judging this game based on previews. You know, the raving ones from IGN and everyone. The fact that the game ranked #1 for PS3 at E3. Pictures are a bonus that display only the level of animation, and no more.
However, sci-fi robot...I'd buy the game, because gameplay and everything is apparently spot-on. But Ubi aren't stupid enough to do that...at least, I don't think they are, but then again, they did completely kill the PoP franchise with T2T's pointless storyline, badly written and acted Prince and slow speed-kills. But what are you gonna do?

Anyway, here's your answer:
the player is actually a far-future descendant of Altair who is looking back on his ancestor's exploits. The game is experienced through genetic memory, and the game actually becomes more defined and easier as this descendant remembers more about his ancestor. The 'computer offline' message may be a computer that is decoding these memories, and death in the memory is some kind of glitch in the system.
No robots: just memory. Like Prince of Persia: Sands of Time's storytelling system; the whole thing is a memory.

Now, having written this, I need to make a new thread.

PoPFan05
10-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Call me borring, but i'm going to wait for the first Assassins Creed to come out before the other ones. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I agree with you on this one, F.D.H.

Thisgamecouldbe
10-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Common!

I thought I was getting a brake from explosions and guns!

JN006
10-10-2006, 10:51 PM

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

So because the graphics are awsome your going to buy this game even if the storyline is "Altiar is a super mophing cyborg from the year 7489, and he's come to kill random people as a sport"
so your telling me that from what you have seen (and that means the cover of the book) you are judging it.

Wooooow my friend... These are assumptions!
Plus, correct me if I'm wrong buy Jade said multiples times: "The conspiracy will have repercution up 'til modern day." Modern day, I didn't saw any cyborg around....well.... I guess.... ahhhhhhhhhh..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

UnaUuru
10-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Ubisoft have confirmed Assassin's Creed will be part of a trilogy, and have also stated that one or both of the sequels will have a futuristic setting. I hate this so much.

Tobbe777
10-11-2006, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Sandwarrior1990:
A WWII assassin game would be fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Although the presence of guns in the game might ruin the escape features. Like in AC, we'll be running away from guards with swords (and maybe the occasional crossbow), that's all very well.. but guards armed with guns is a whole different story http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif.

And you don't think guards will have guns in a futuristic setting?

Thisgamecouldbe
10-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Where did they say that there would be at least one game in a futuristic setting!?

Common! In a developer diary Jade Raymond said that they were going to change the gaming industry by telling real stories!

JCtheMC
10-11-2006, 04:22 PM
I'd like to see a sequel set in Berlin sometime during the cold war.

Keksus
10-11-2006, 04:27 PM
@JCtheMC

Well...and then do what in berlin? Nothing? Discuss about political things?

heavydny86
06-01-2007, 10:25 AM
I don't know if you've seen this interview in the other discussions yet: Jade Q & A part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4gE1zk_WrA), but about 7 min in Jade talks about the AC books being written. She says 1 of them is about Altair's life before the game, and the other two take place after it. AC is being planned with sequals in mind, so my question is, will the other 2 games star Altair?

Because if we know his past, and lots of his future, what is there left to put into a second game, nevermind a third?

I might be stretching here but, if this is the case, what of these genetic memories? It has been said that these memories are important and that they are around 10% of the game. With there possably being nothing left to do in the times of the crusades and leaving Altair behind, will we find ourselves taking up the role of modern day assassins?

moqqy
06-01-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't think they have the time to do the future part of the game as good as they could.. I mean, think about the modern day New York and it being in the game and you being a modern day assassin there. That would be really cool. But they wouldn't have had enough time to do stuff like that, or if they would have implemented a whole city where you can enter buildings and all I'm sure they would have told about it. After all, it would sure as heck raise the interest level.

chewie1890
06-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Do you realize how old this thread is? What was the point of bringing it back from the grave to say the same Copy & Pasted message that you've been filling all the other threads with heavy? Stop the spam and stop trying to raise your post count with necro-posts.

heavydny86
06-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by chewie1890:
Do you realize how old this thread is? What was the point of bringing it back from the grave to say the same Copy & Pasted message that you've been filling all the other threads with heavy? Stop the spam and stop trying to raise your post count with necro-posts.

lol, "All the other threads"? You mean the ONE I started, the ONE that was locked, the ONE where I was reffered here by zgubilici. Is that what you call spamming?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

I'm just contributing to an ongoing conversation with a thought I had. And I don't know about you, but I have more important things to do than to worry about my post count.

So next time, instead of trying to call me out and look cool, why don't you just mind ur bidniss. Uh thank ya!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

moqqy
06-02-2007, 03:14 AM

You mean me or heavydny86

heavydny86
06-02-2007, 08:32 AM
He means me, but ya know what, just ignore him. I'd like to continue with this "sequals" conversation.

Anywho.....I'd love to see an AC type set in modernd day and in a big city. Even a large suburban area would be sick. Anything open ended in anytype of area in modern day would make for awesome gameplay.

I just hope that the fact they have sequals in mind for ac, that they don't do some lame ending like halo2, matrix2, pirates OTC 2. Ya know, like some stupid cliff hanger instead of solving THE major problem presented in the game/movie.

eewww, darn, I can't wait for the moment I go to put this game in my disk tray. I hate having this much anticipation so far away from release. sigh
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Boromir323
06-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Im pretty sure there gonna make a present day/future setting for one game, but I think it would be cool to see one set in Scotland during the Scotish-English war. I was reading in Wikipedia that Edward I or Edward the Longshanks was attacked with a poisoned assassins dagger in 1271 which was 15 years after the Hashashin had been destroyed by the Mongols, meaning the assassin/s who attacked Longshanks were probably remnants who escaped the Mongols. Now this alone doesnt seem very convincing but I have some more. The Templars appear to have some special significance to the storyline, based on the articals, and the Templars were also fighting in Scotland, and they possibly took whatever "item of religious value" they found under the Temple of Solomon with them to protect it. Well I thought that seemed like a perfect time to slip one of Altair's desendants into the story.

moqqy
06-03-2007, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Boromir323:
Im pretty sure there gonna make a present day/future setting for one game, but I think it would be cool to see one set in Scotland during the Scotish-English war. I was reading in Wikipedia that Edward I or Edward the Longshanks was attacked with a poisoned assassins dagger in 1271 which was 15 years after the Hashashin had been destroyed by the Mongols, meaning the assassin/s who attacked Longshanks were probably remnants who escaped the Mongols. Now this alone doesnt seem very convincing but I have some more. The Templars appear to have some special significance to the storyline, based on the articals, and the Templars were also fighting in Scotland, and they possibly took whatever "item of religious value" they found under the Temple of Solomon with them to protect it. Well I thought that seemed like a perfect time to slip one of Altair's desendants into the story.

Bah, english vs scottish? Boooring http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Micheal_Yar
06-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boromir323:

Bah, english vs scottish? Boooring http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would that be boring ? I think it could be pretty cool. fighting alongside william wallace. climbing the city of Falkirk and Dunbar. Could be very intresting.

chewie1890
06-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Just got back recently so I'll address this now:

Originally posted by heavydny86:
lol, "All the other threads"? You mean the ONE I started, the ONE that was locked, the ONE where I was reffered here by zgubilici. Is that what you call spamming?

No. What I call spamming is that you're asking the same question that was asked about in the beginning, presenting no new info, and asking it again. That's what I call spamming, it's redundant and useless.

I'm just contributing to an ongoing conversation with a thought I had. And I don't know about you, but I have more important things to do than to worry about my post count.

Contributing to an on-going conversation? If by on-going conversation you mean a conversation that ended months before because everyone realized it was senseless speculation that had no factual evidence, and would continue to be baseless speculation until the games were out?

So next time, instead of trying to call me out and look cool, why don't you just mind ur bidniss. Uh thank ya!

Um... Next time, try not insulting me.

To end this I have one thing to say. You basically answered your own question:

Jade talks about the AC books being written. She says 1 of them is about Altair's life before the game, and the other two take place after it.

AC is being planned with sequals in mind, so my question is, will the other 2 games star Altair?

Hmm if there's a book trilogy, and a game trilogy... Maybe the books are keeping with the games? If the second two books aren't about Altair then there's a good chance that the games won't be either...

Boromir323
06-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Just got back recently so I'll address this now:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heavydny86:

No. What I call spamming is that you're asking the same question that was asked about in the beginning, presenting no new info, and asking it again. That's what I call spamming, it's redundant and useless.

Contributing to an on-going conversation? If by on-going conversation you mean a conversation that ended months before because everyone realized it was senseless speculation that had no factual evidence, and would continue to be baseless speculation until the games were out?

Um... Next time, try not insulting me.

To end this I have one thing to say. You basically answered your own question:

Jade talks about the AC books being written. She says 1 of them is about Altair's life before the game, and the other two take place after it.

AC is being planned with sequals in mind, so my question is, will the other 2 games star Altair?

Hmm if there's a book trilogy, and a game trilogy... Maybe the books are keeping with the games? If the second two books aren't about Altair then there's a good chance that the games won't be either... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why dont we all chill out and stop the attacks. Your both going off topic. Lets all just drop it here, and continue the discussion about the sequel hmm?

chewie1890
06-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Fine with me. Truce?

knife_X
06-03-2007, 02:39 PM
I played POP2 and 3 I have the 1 but I have installed it yet now the first thing that pissed me off was the voice change... if you cant get the same guy to be the voice actor (unless hes dead, in that case dont make a sequel) then dont use the same character! SC on the other hand has had mixed results with splinter cell I played all of them and Montreal is by far the studio witch make the best SC games SC:CT and SC was far greater then PT and DA! This is the number one reason with I have my hopes up for convcition alltough DA had to be made to give any real reason of why Conviction was made. Now back to Assasins Creed yes let`s wait 5 years if we have to it`s better then getting very dissapointed by the next one! And let the same team continue the series and dont change it so massivly as they have with SC!

heavydny86
06-04-2007, 09:14 AM

What was the point of bringing it back from the grave to say the same Copy & Pasted message that you've been filling all the other threads with heavy? Stop the spam

All the other threads huh? Nice turn around there chewie. And by the way, I did introduce into THIS conversation that there are books planned.

And so what if it ended, I had a question to ask and was reffered here by a mod. And so what if I speculate, why do you care? 90% of anything written on these forums are speculation and opinion, you gonna go after the other 89.99% of the population too? I'm only trying to make coversation in hopes a meaningful or strongly possable idea or fact arrises.

Ya know Chewie, you've had nothing valuable to say yet, just shooting down my speculation with more speculation. You've attacked me, and wasted my time....truce? F that, get lost.

Getting back on track...

This genetic memory thing and it's purpose has me hooked. I guess with there being a heavy focus on Altair in at least one game and 3 books that this might imply him being star of the sequals. But 2 books on altair's future may leave little room for more adventures.

And if this genetic memory thing isn't that important, why put it in the game? It only disconnects me from the character I play. It's like one of those movies where someone goes on some sick adventures, and then you find out it was all just a dream, and you think "that was stupid". 10% of the PLAYABLE game is in the modern/future setting, so what could we do and who do we play? It must have some part to play in the sequalss or why put it in?

moqqy
06-04-2007, 09:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> No. What I call spamming is that you're asking the same question that was asked about in the beginning, presenting no new info, and asking it again. That's what I call spamming, it's redundant and useless.

What was the point of bringing it back from the grave to say the same Copy & Pasted message that you've been filling all the other threads with heavy? Stop the spam

All the other threads huh? Nice turn around there chewie. And by the way, I did introduce into THIS conversation that there are books planned.

And so what if it ended, I had a question to ask and was reffered here by a mod. And so what if I speculate, why do you care? I'm only trying to make coversation in hopes a meaningful or strongly possable idea or fact arrises. You've had nothing valuable to say yet, just shooting down my speculation with more speculation. You've attacked me, and wasted my time....truce? F that, get lost.

Getting back on track...

This genetic memory thing and it's purpose has me hooked. I guess with there being a heavy focus on Altair in at least one game and 3 books that this might imply him being star of the sequals. But 2 books on altair's future may leave little room for more adventures.

And if this genetic memory thing isn't that important, why put it in the game? It only disconnects me from the character I play. It's like one of those movies where someone goes on some sick adventures, and then you find out it was all just a dream, and you think "that was stupid". 10% of the PLAYABLE game is in the modern/future setting, so what could we do and who do we play? It must have some part to play in the sequalss or why put it in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because it's interesting plot in the game. It doesn't mean you have to use it on the sequels.
Why put swords in the game if you're not going to use them later?:S

heavydny86
06-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Because it's interesting plot in the game. It doesn't mean you have to use it on the sequels.

Lol, I think the use of swords may be a little different from a ginormous plot element.

Think about it..... 10% of the game, thats alot. So there gonna put in this whole element of different time periods, make it a major part of this installment, then never reffer to it again.

I'm not saying your wrong, and I'm not completly stuck to this idea, but it just seems that there is a good possability of altair not being the star of 1 or both sequals.

I don't know if you saw this in Dawnfang's thread: Jade Interiew (http://www.insidegamer.nl/xbox360/assassinscreed/videos/2643), jade basicly says in the first minute, that the stuff they aren't talking about, I assume the gentic memory plot, makes the story ark. It seems that the future/modern day will have some part to play.

And if you've played Splinter Cell, you know Ubisoft has a nack for taking players and characters out of their element. Look what their doing with SC Conviction.

moqqy
06-04-2007, 10:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Because it's interesting plot in the game. It doesn't mean you have to use it on the sequels.

Lol, I think the use of swords may be a little different from a ginormous plot element.

Think about it..... 10% of the game, thats alot. So there gonna put in this whole element of different time periods, make it a major part of this installment, then never reffer to it again.

I'm not saying your wrong, and I'm not completly stuck to this idea, but it just seems that there is a good possability of altair not being the star of 1 or both sequals.

I don't know if you saw this in Dawnfang's thread: Jade Interiew (http://www.insidegamer.nl/xbox360/assassinscreed/videos/2643), jade basicly says in the first minute, that the stuff they aren't talking about, I assume the gentic memory plot, makes the story ark. It seems that the future/modern day will have some part to play.

And if you've played Splinter Cell, you know Ubisoft has a nack for taking players and characters out of their element. Look what their doing with SC Conviction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure, all the sequels could be based on this genetic memory, but it also could be that they're all completely different stories with new background.

It's made such a big deal cos the game they are releasing now - Assassin's Creed - is based on the genetic memory.

heavydny86
06-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Sure, all the sequels could be based on this genetic memory, but it also could be that they're all completely different stories with new background.

But, then in what sense would they be sequals other than gameplay? They would have no story link, how could they be called AC?

D@mn it, i think I may have just shot down my own theories. lol

I guess if this AC endes in modern/future era, the sequals can pick up where that left off. Yes! I'm back in business.

moqqy
06-04-2007, 10:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Sure, all the sequels could be based on this genetic memory, but it also could be that they're all completely different stories with new background.

But, then in what sense would they be sequals other than gameplay? They would have no story link, how could they be called AC?

D@mn it, i think I may have just shot down my own theories. lol

I guess if this AC endes in modern/future era, the sequals can pick up where that left off. Yes! I'm back in business. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would you need a story link hmm.. You could be a modern day assassin with same kinda movement etc.

IF it ends in modern era..