PDA

View Full Version : Message To Ubisoft : Major "Bug" Issue

Ariakas1991
09-26-2010, 02:29 PM
First, it's not really a bug, I just don't know how to call it in english.
Second, I've already spoken about this, but its seems my subject was delete.

In my first attempt to make a point (Which I miserably failed...) about I little issue in AC II, I though that, maybe one of the developers could pass by and see what the problem was and then fix it...

This is my second attempt, and I hope I could rally enough person to this "cause" and maybe make a change...

Like I said in my previous subject, in AC II, when Ezio started running, his elbow passed right through is cape, making an awful animation that we couldn't not take our eyes of. Now, it is back in AC:B.

And now, I also noticed that, not only this "bug" is back, but there is a new one, in the same aspect. We are now talking about Ezio feet... They pass, again, right through his robe, making, again, an more than awful animation. And not only when he is running, but when HE IS WALKING (When you hold the "A" button only, Xbox 360 version).

Is there something wrong with the developers? Are they blind? Did they not care? Or they just don't have ENOUGH time to polish the game?

I don't know if there is any chance that someone at Ubisoft will ever read this, but at least, I tried... It's just that, way back, I remembered Ubisoft as the company that really cared about the small details, and it is those that make a BIG difference in the experience that a player will really enjoy, or a total failure.

Again, sorry for the english... And don't try to response in french... This is the english forum... Thank you!

extrememuffin
09-26-2010, 02:49 PM
thinking back i sort of remember noticing this (although i never noticed it in AC:B trailers) but it never bothered me. i just passed it off as one of things that NO developer really ever takes time to fix. i have played loads of games with things like this. Call of duty is the worst were you can see peoples leg/arms through solid objects like walls.

i hope you dont hold this against ubisoft and try to ignore it while playing AC:B

DavisP92
09-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Yea I saw that too. Not only that but in AC 1 and AC 2 when Altiar and Ezio were on the towers that you have to sync with, the eagle would sometimes fly into the character and the clothing ALWAYS went through the wood post u sat on.

TheMusingMoose
09-26-2010, 06:22 PM
This game doesn't come out for 2 months, they still have time to fix all of these problems.

EzioAssassin51
09-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Ariakas1991:
Is there something wrong with the developers? Are they blind? Did they not care? Or they just don't have ENOUGH time to polish the game?

Mate, calm down... There is still a little less than 2 months away before this game comes out. Just because there are a couple of glitches in gameplay trailers that come out before the game is finished, doesn't mean the game is going to have these glitches.

I say, forget about it and wait until Brotherhood comes out to complain about whether or not the glitch is still there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ariakas1991
09-26-2010, 08:25 PM
You know that it take at least 1 month to publish the game, making copy of the discs and send it to the retilers??

EzioAssassin51
09-26-2010, 09:21 PM
You know that it take at least 1 month to publish the game, making copy of the discs and send it to the retilers??

Well then they still have nearly a month to polish the game. Better?

Ariakas1991
09-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Polish it or finish it...

EzioAssassin51
09-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Polish it or finish it...

Polish the 'clipping', finish the game altogether

Jack-Reacher
09-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Never noticed this horrible eye sore in any ac game

Mr_Shade
09-27-2010, 06:10 AM
Hi There,

Itís unlikely that this will be fixed given that itís a technology limitation, but also it's not considered a major issue.

NewBlade200
09-27-2010, 06:16 AM
theyre fixing it in ac3, no robe, no cape http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

assassinfab
09-27-2010, 09:13 AM
To fix this they can just be lazy and remove capes or try to make technolical breakthrough as this glicth is in most games that i play.

Ariakas1991
09-27-2010, 10:53 PM
I know that is not really a "Major" issue, but I still hope they could fix it. And like many of you said before, it is nothing like : Modern Warfare 2 where body part pass through wall, or when Ezio/Altair have to Synchronize a view...

This is something that is ALWAYS THERE! As far as I'm concern, it's either a animation/rigging problem, or not enough polygon on the cape/robe.

I'm still sorry for my poor english, I'm still learning...

An other question : How often people from Ubisoft Development Team come around in the forum to "Interact" with us??

DeafAtheist
09-27-2010, 11:09 PM
An other question : How often people from Ubisoft Development Team come around in the forum to "Interact" with us??

Never. Ubisoft employees are not allowed to post in here, but they do read it.

Ariakas1991
09-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Well, at least, they read...

Mr_Shade
09-28-2010, 04:15 AM
Just to correct the following...
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

Never. Ubisoft employees are not allowed to post in here, but they do read it. We do see the Com DeV posting info from time to time - sometimes he's everywhere...

[you can also follow him on twitter @ubiGabe]

I also technically work for Ubisoft.. unless I don't count?

But the point is, even when they do not post all the time - they do get regular reports from myself and they always have a look to see whats going on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DeafAtheist
09-28-2010, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Just to correct the following...<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

Never. Ubisoft employees are not allowed to post in here, but they do read it. We do see the Com DeV posting info from time to time - sometimes he's everywhere...

[you can also follow him on twitter @ubiGabe]

I also technically work for Ubisoft.. unless I don't count?

But the point is, even when they do not post all the time - they do get regular reports from myself and they always have a look to see whats going on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't counting Mods. I read an interview (I can't remember where but I think it was the May 2010 issue of Gamepro or else one of the features on Conviction done by OXM) with Maxime Beland (who at the time was the creative director for Splinter Cell Conviction) and he said that Ubisoft doesn't let it's development team post in here.

UbiGabe I assume his job is mainly to network with fans thru Facebook, Twitter, and blogging and act as a medium between the Dev teams and the fans. So I wasn't really counting him either. And even he doesn't post in regular threads, when he posts it's an original thread with info that's stickied. I meant the dev teams specifically and probably should have been more specific in my post.