PDA

View Full Version : Please give us a 120 degree wide angle vision

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Look at this url at the bottom

http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_070b.html

In lock on you will have a 120 degree wide angle vision wich will help you in a dogfight.

The view in the current cockpit is very poor and i think using the external views is not realistic.

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Look at this url at the bottom

http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_070b.html

In lock on you will have a 120 degree wide angle vision wich will help you in a dogfight.

The view in the current cockpit is very poor and i think using the external views is not realistic.

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 04:19 PM
Intresting how wide vision we have in FB using the "wide" view?

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 05:37 PM
It's a very good request

but i'm afraid it's fruitless to ask for it in FB as Oleg has already said wider field of views than what we have now is impossible because of the current cockpits.

I suspect FB was never designed to be viewed with wide views in mind. Just look at the inconsistencies of the cockpits in wide view.

Concerning field of views it seems the LOMAC developers have more a lot more foresight than those of FB. That's good for LOMAC but unfortunately a bit of a pity for FB.

IIRC the widest field of view in FB is 80 degs. Very narrow.
Let's hope Olegs next sim has more possibilities to get customizable wider field of views.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 06:00 PM
Clearly the LOMAC guys put a lot more thought into translating an inherently 3 dimensional activity, aerial combat, into a two dimensional medium.

By contrast Oleg and his team went for photorealism to the exclusion of common sense. They failed to account for binocular vision, the pilot's ability to move his head, refraction, etc.

Beyond that they compounded their problems by giving widely varying perspectives in wide view. As the other poster mentioned, just look at the variance between say a 190 in wide view and an La 5. There's no consistency.

I for one can't wait for LOMAC. Time for a fresh approach.