PDA

View Full Version : AC2 garroting (strangulation)

pdw92
07-19-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure if they've added this or not. And I'm hoping it's not too late to add this but a cool new assassination would be to garrote someone. For those of you who don't know what a garrote is it is a way to strangulate a person with wire, rope, chain, even a scarf. It's also been used for executions in the past. But in AC2 it would, in my mind, have to be done while not being watched, you have to be behind your target, and it can affect everyone except for those armored brutes and any heavily armored story-line targets. I'd like to hear feedback on this idea and if people like it or not. Thanks for reading and sorry for the length.

EmperorxZurg
07-19-2009, 01:40 PM
I think that might be what desmond does with a wire since he's doing more than just walking now. but i'm not sure if Ezio will

pdw92
07-19-2009, 01:47 PM
That'd be interesting if Desmond began doing that, and it'd be curious on how he got the garrote to begin with.

LaurenIsSoMosh
07-19-2009, 02:37 PM
At first I was totally against this idea. It would be largely unnecessary for Ezio to have to use it while no one is watching, when he can just use his hidden blades even in a crowded place where everyone is watching.

But for Desmond, it actually sounds like a good idea, since he definitely doesn't have access to any sharp objects, and a wire would be a lot easier to obtain. But I doubt Desmond will be killing anyone in AC II.

RipYourSpineOut
07-19-2009, 02:37 PM
They did say Desmond would do more than walking. I thought if he would start assassinating people, he would use the pen codes he got from the the closet and Vidic, ala the Hidden Blade. Or (I think this MIGHT be a theory) the assassins will come in (since Vidic left the room at the ending of the game) and gear up Desmond.

And please Ubi, if they DO gear him up, DON'T USE GUNS.

This would, and will kill the AC feel. I loved AC1 because you never used guns, apart from the gunfight the assassins and the Abstergo company had. Just, give him something like the hidden blade. If not that, just let him sneak or something.

Xanatos2007
07-20-2009, 12:27 AM
I don't think Ezio would have a garrote, it would be too much like Hitman. They've already got the notoriety system and Jesper Kyd doing the soundtrack, Hitman is a good game but AC and Hitman should stay seperate. Besides, the hidden blade is quicker and cooler.

Danvish
07-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I don't think Ezio would have a garrote, it would be too much like Hitman. They've already got the notoriety system and Jesper Kyd doing the soundtrack, Hitman is a good game but AC and Hitman should stay seperate. Besides, the hidden blade is quicker and cooler. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Very good point!
Thought I've seen Altair using it in the PSP trailer.

Xanatos2007
07-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Yeah, but that was his target's chain and was used as an inprovised weapon. I did like the fact that Altair can improvise instead of using only his dedicated gear, and it seems likely that Desmond could use a shoelace or something to neutralize a guard. It's what I'd do to escape anyway.

Danvish
07-20-2009, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Yeah, but that was his target's chain and was used as an inprovised weapon. I did like the fact that Altair can improvise instead of using only his dedicated gear, and it seems likely that Desmond could use a shoelace or something to neutralize a guard. It's what I'd do to escape anyway.

Problem with Desmond is: Have you seen any guard? I mean, all we saw from Abstergo, is Vidic and Lucy (who's an assassin). And if Demonds gets out, I'm sure he'll be surrounded with other assassins.

Thought I've given it some thought. I don't think Desmond will escape or something with the other assassins, since like Patrice said, ACII starts right where ACI ends, with Desmond going back into the Animus. So I think all his "doing more stuff" will occur inside the Abstergo building and I don't think he'll be able to assassinate.

MeAltairLol
07-20-2009, 04:51 AM
Well, unless there's a sharp wire involved, garroting is mostly used to knock out people as it cuts off the blood supply to the head, like a headlock. This was the 'thing' in Victorian times because thieves could knock out their victims, then while they were on the floor they would take everything valuable.

Seeing as you can rob people in AC2, maybe Ezio can garrote someone with something non-lethal, like a scarf, and then take more valuable stuff, however this will bring alot of attention and will take time. On the other hand you could just pickpocket people, but the rewards would be smaller.

But I think that IF garroting is even in the game, it should Desmond's thing.

Korejo
07-20-2009, 04:53 AM
thats a great idea.. but garrote has a same importance as hidden blade for Agent 47. I think garrote should stay in hitman series...

cant wait for hitman 5.

DearDirty
07-20-2009, 05:03 AM
I would love to see Desmond using this.

Stormpen
07-20-2009, 05:36 AM
It would be cool if Desmond could do this, but WHAT is he going to strangle people with?

(if someone says 'shoelaces' I'm going to report them for having donated their brain cells to a idiots fund.) -_-

DearDirty
07-20-2009, 05:37 AM
he could tear some of the elastic off the fitted sheet in his room. Easy

Xanatos2007
07-20-2009, 05:44 AM
IF Desmond does do any fighting I think he'll either get a weapon from a fellow Assassin breaking him out or he'll use one of the pens he stole to strike pressure points or something (having learnt a thing or two from the Animus).

Stormpen
07-20-2009, 05:49 AM
Pressure points? Sounds Ninja-fied to me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Xanatos2007
07-20-2009, 05:56 AM
Well, you know what I mean. Altair didn't just strike anywhere, he aimed for the soft spots (carotid sheath, subclavian artery, kidney, temple, solar plexus, throat, eye socket, spine) all places that you could do considerable damage to with a pen.

EmperorxZurg
07-20-2009, 10:00 AM
lol kill a templar in his temple

Charlie_Romeo
07-20-2009, 10:07 AM
We dont even know if well ever fight with desmond.
i remember somewhere that a producer said its isnt desmond's creed. So i dont know if we'll kill with desmond at all. But i hope so !

assassinfab
07-20-2009, 01:33 PM
i heard ezio will be able to kill guards by throwing them in the water and strangulate them in the water.

EmperorxZurg
07-20-2009, 01:54 PM
we can kill them in the water, but not by strangling, it's like the haystack thing they showed u hidden blade em and hide their body in the water

Charlie_Romeo
07-20-2009, 02:04 PM
cant wait to drown some1 lolz http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

sm312
07-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah I really hope you can drown someone I think they confirmed it in the Gamepro article though I could be wrong but as far as garroting goes I think it should be Desmonds thing if not he should get some type of weapon but I don't mind Ezio having that ability

pdw92
07-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Ok, I get your guy's point but since Ezio will become an assassin shouldn't he have more stealthy ways to assassinate targets than to just stab them? So, I came up with a new idea, what if when you get your relationship built up with, say the Courtesans, if you pass one on the street, if that's how it works, they can slip you a scarf and it can be used once then discard it on the body or if you don't want to use it you can throw it away or stuff it behind your belt. And it's sticking out part way so you can see it (it's brightly colored e.g. it's pink, yellow, red or a mix. And then the Thieves give you their own thing like wire or rope and the Mercs give you, I don't, a chain (a short one).
Each garrote could also have more power. A garrote, if used properly, can be used to break a person's neck. So let's say the scarf can only choke, the rope can break a persons neck at random, and the chain can be used to break a person's neck when you choose (make it act like a counter or combo kill, say on the 360 right before the chain goes around you hit 'X').