PDA

View Full Version : Can we assassinate ALL targets this time ?

Ilovepho
08-23-2009, 04:22 PM
In AC, I'm disapointed that we couldn't assassinate the last 2 targets (Robert De Sable and Al Mualim) but intead we had to kill them in fights (after having to fight tons of guards). in ACII, I want Ezio can choose how to kill the targets: either in the fights or assassinate them with hidden blades.

Ezio28101943
08-23-2009, 04:50 PM
It was important to the storyline, and since you had to do basically the same thing with everyone that you killed beforehand, I thought it made it better.

So what if you died the first or secound time? If I played everygame that I bought, without being killed loads of times in them, I would have run out of video games. Making it difficult is all about making the player want to win more.

Ilovepho
08-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Ezio28101943:
It was important to the storyline, and since you had to do basically the same thing with everyone that you killed beforehand, I thought it made it better.

So what if you died the first or secound time? If I played everygame that I bought, without being killed loads of times in them, I would have run out of video games. Making it difficult is all about making the player want to win more.

What ?

All I want to say here is that I don't want to be forced to kill the targets in fights, but I want to use hidden blade to ASSASSINATE them like the first 8 targets before Robert de Sable and Al Mualim.

FROGGEman2
08-24-2009, 01:22 AM
Uh, yeah, I would like that too :P

there were other targets who screwed you over like that...

davethepaveway
08-24-2009, 01:50 AM
mate you cant 'stealth' assassinate a target that knows where you are and can happily stop you like he did before ... there was no way of sneaking into that camp undetected so you have to man up and fight

Typhonahriman
08-24-2009, 03:17 AM
If you need to use the hidden blade on someone, you can always counter with it. It's hard to do, but it's an instant kill.

Fristi61
08-24-2009, 06:14 AM
actually, you can stealth assassinate robert.
When the fight with all the templars start, robert will walk away through the blue wall at first, but, if you're quick enough, you can kill him by stabbing him in the back while he's walking to the blue wall.

Also, there are other ways to kill Al Mualim with a hidden blade besides countering, I saw a video on youtube once with a guy using the hidden blade in a lot of different ways on him.

moqqy
08-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Ilovepho:
In AC, I'm disapointed that we couldn't assassinate the last 2 targets (Robert De Sable and Al Mualim) but intead we had to kill them in fights (after having to fight tons of guards). in ACII, I want Ezio can choose how to kill the targets: either in the fights or assassinate them with hidden blades.

You don't always have a choice to kill them silently. Altair had to take on Robert and Al Mualim head on.

You were able to assassinate all the targets that were supposed to be targets.

Charlie_Romeo
08-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Yeah you had to fight both of them to kill them no stealth option just a cheeky little kill on both can be achived. I agree with Moqqy, also i would like to apoligise for our "convasation" awhile back.

thekyle0
08-24-2009, 08:14 AM
It would make sense that you don't get a stealth option because Altair didn't really have a plan going into either of those kills. With the other targets he picked the time and place to strike but with Robert and Mualim he had no choice because they would never be vulnerable.

An_Idea
08-24-2009, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Typhonahriman:
If you need to use the hidden blade on someone, you can always counter with it. It's hard to do, but it's an instant kill.
y does everyone say that. countering with the hidden blade is as easy as countering with any other weapon http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

SBRedFlag
08-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Actually, the hidden blade has a smaller window of time for pressing the counter button.

desonnac0
08-24-2009, 10:56 AM
An_Idea is completely right- in fact It was easier for me to counter with hidden blade rather than any other weapon. I killed ALL targets(incl. Al Mualim and Rober) with hidden blade. I found it to be the quickest way to dispatch a strong oponent that can brake ur guard or even a group of enemies. It's pretty easy to learn the windows for every strike the enemy can perform.

An_Idea
08-24-2009, 12:37 PM
yesh, and the kills r faster/nastier

Ilovepho
08-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ilovepho:

You don't always have a choice to kill them silently. Altair had to take on Robert and Al Mualim head on.

You were able to assassinate all the targets that were supposed to be targets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa, a lot of people didn't understand what I'm talking about except one poster (Fristi61)

I know that I didn't have the choice to kill them silently but I hate that. That's why I'm asking Ubisoft to give us the option to stealth kill EVERY target this time.

In the last 2 memory blocks (before fighting Robert and Mualim) the game forced us to get into too many fights (false Robert, tons of guards in Jerusalem and then tons of guards and Templars in Kingdom ...) Those were bad design decisions made by Ubi IMO.

IanXO4
08-24-2009, 04:02 PM
you forgot talal. the game also forces a non-stealth assassination with him as well... but he is fleeing, not fighting, like maria, robert, and al mualim.

i dont mind these non-stealth assassinations... too often i see ppl hung up on thinking that only certain type of assassination is cool (eg stealth). the game mechanics permits a lot of variety if you choose to explore it.

here are some interesting ways to kill al mualim (i think this is the vid that fristi was talking about):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAT-FvXTDEY

here is how to stab robert in the back without fighting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi1PWlYcQNU

and just for fun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JA9PK--pXk#t=3m0s

Ilovepho
08-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by IanXO4:
you forgot talal. the game also forces a non-stealth assassination with him as well... but he is fleeing, not fighting, like maria, robert, and al mualim.

i dont mind these non-stealth assassinations... too often i see ppl hung up on thinking that only certain type of assassination is cool (eg stealth). the game mechanics permits a lot of variety if you choose to explore it.

here are some interesting ways to kill al mualim (i think this is the vid that fristi was talking about):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAT-FvXTDEY

here is how to stab robert in the back without fighting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi1PWlYcQNU

and just for fun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JA9PK--pXk#t=3m0s

Oh yeah I forgot Talal. Thanks for providing the links.

EDIT. Oh you're ianxofour. I've watched some of your vids before on youtube (the very cool looking "eagle strike" ... and I said that your vids were very halpful to me.) Al Mualim=punching bag is very hilarious.
You show your creativity with those different kills but none of those are assassination because Maria, Robert and Mualim were not unsuspecting like most of the targets before him.

I want to be able to kill him while he's completely unsuspecting.