PDA

View Full Version : Ok I must admit - I even like the burping of my crew

reumatiib
04-07-2005, 04:28 PM
I was whining about having to bottle-feed and burp my crew all the time, but now I admit I was wrong - its kind of fun. Up until yesterday I was avoiding getting deep into a Campaign or Career, because I was wanting to wait for certain mods and updates to happen. But anyway, I got into one and suddenly I see that its not all that bad - kind of fun.

But what I really love about this game is the weather (which for some reason works perfectly on my machine) and the difficulty of hunting merchants and convoys. I was stuck in a driving rain with high waves and spent hours trying to find the 4 ships I wounded so as to finsih them off. I was great - near impossible - blinded - lost - and that's just the stuff I love.

I also like the physics of the torpedos and the tracking and aiming part - very well done.

So all I need now to put me into bliss will be juiced up depth charges that blow me to hell and back and I be s***beatle in a s***pile - loving every minute of it.

reumatiib
04-07-2005, 04:28 PM
I was whining about having to bottle-feed and burp my crew all the time, but now I admit I was wrong - its kind of fun. Up until yesterday I was avoiding getting deep into a Campaign or Career, because I was wanting to wait for certain mods and updates to happen. But anyway, I got into one and suddenly I see that its not all that bad - kind of fun.

But what I really love about this game is the weather (which for some reason works perfectly on my machine) and the difficulty of hunting merchants and convoys. I was stuck in a driving rain with high waves and spent hours trying to find the 4 ships I wounded so as to finsih them off. I was great - near impossible - blinded - lost - and that's just the stuff I love.

I also like the physics of the torpedos and the tracking and aiming part - very well done.

So all I need now to put me into bliss will be juiced up depth charges that blow me to hell and back and I be s***beatle in a s***pile - loving every minute of it.

TeAcH
04-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Glad you like it. I don't. What I would like is an option to let one of my officers handle it.

Besides, why is it, that when I go to my watch officer and tell him to open fire with a deck gun that I have to also go back to the crew screen to put people there OR tell him to man the gun? I guess Id kinda like him to figure out that if I say open fire, he would take the liberty of manning the gun at that moment.

MikeJW
04-07-2005, 07:41 PM
They need to smooth the rough edges off of the whole crew management part of the game. It wouldnt take too much to make it just right.

KiwiVenge
04-07-2005, 07:41 PM
There is that button on the crew management screen that auto sets uop for flak, deck gun, surface cruise, submerged cruise, submerged attack and repair. All done with one click. This what you meant?

I like crew managing myself. I only wish it took longer for each rank to max out. All my guys got to max experience for their rank way too quick. Took that element out of the picture, which is too bad, I like my guys progressing. I mean, they still do, btu I don't think it makes them any better. An Officer with exp of 867/500 is no better than a 500/500 is it?

quillan
04-07-2005, 09:26 PM
No, he's not. You should see some of the 475/20 seamen I have. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KiwiVenge
04-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Is a shame really. Would be fun if you got to watch them grow during the whole game. Would make losing them all the more disturbing.

reumatiib
04-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Well of course my are on the vitamin pack down loaded at Subism. But after 8 days they all seem to be ready for shore-leave.

I was impressed with the return home to the playnig band and so forth. I was so busy taking pics that I forgot to tweek my final run in and I slammed into the dock at SLOW - my 100% integ. stats fell to 75%. It was funny really - it ruined the moment most perfectly.

xanty
04-08-2005, 07:40 AM
Well, after 14 patrols, my well decorated officers and crew are far more resistant to long working hours, and some hardly sleep or tire. So, yafter some good war training they will become very hard sea-dogs. which makes crew management easier. Maybe that will give u some hope?