PDA

View Full Version : saitek cyborg evo calibration probs...

rbmerc
08-29-2005, 12:25 AM
hey guys, my saitek cyborg evo doesn't want to cooperate and is just screwing me over by being off a little bit all the time so its reaaaal annoying when tryhing to fly and im tipped sideways if im not even touching the joystick... the input menu for il2 sturmovik is rather confusing and im not sure how to work the red and green boxes or where they are supposed to be and whatnot... sorry guys i got this game yesterday im a huge NOOB... soon to be an ace i hope lol

-rick

pielkop
08-29-2005, 01:00 AM
hi there rbme

you have to calibrate the cyborg evo everytime windows starts up just move it around in all directions and twist the handle , the stick does not rememebr it's settings once windows is rebooted so you are going to have to do it everytime ,hope this helps

rbmerc
08-29-2005, 01:01 AM
k but what about the red and green boxes on the input menu in il2?

-rick

Tully__
08-29-2005, 05:27 AM
The red box is where your joystick currently is, the green box is how the game will interpret that position.

If the red box is centered when your joystick is centered, there's nothing wrong with your stick. It's just that this sim models torque and slipstream effects that make most of the aircraft lean a bit one way or the other. If the aircraft is equipped with in flight trim controls, use rudder trim to "centre the ball" on the turn/slip indicator (the one that looks like the bubble in a carpenter's spirit level) and then use the aileron trim to get the wings level.

rbmerc
08-30-2005, 12:17 PM
alright well the problem is definitely NOT wind or anything else because i could play a level without wind and not even touch my joystick and my plane will immediately start to roll left and slip as well... its extremely annoying and makes the game very frustrating...

here is a screenshot of the calibration screens, as you can see, the calibration is WAY off and i have no clue how to get it recentered

http://img319.imageshack.us/img319/6678/saitek3jq.th.jpg (http://img319.imageshack.us/my.php?image=saitek3jq.jpg)

-rick

Moustacheo
08-30-2005, 12:58 PM
How old is your evo? If you've had it a long while, it could simply just be very worn in which case it's time to get a new stick.

rbmerc
08-30-2005, 02:38 PM
its brand new as of last week...

-rick

DeerHunterUK
08-30-2005, 03:15 PM
I think I know what's causing this. Are you by any chance using Windows XP? If so, you need to read this (Question 1); http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/supp/cyborgevo_support.htm
I had the same problem when I 1st bought the stick and this cured it (I downloaded the newer drivers as opposed to the registry edit).
Hope this helps.

rbmerc
08-31-2005, 01:34 AM
yes im using windows xp and i have reinstalled the drivers numerous times... the joystick wil be fine until i get in game then it jsut goes haywire... im actually not even able to fly pretty much if i use the joystick cause i am just crashing like instantly off the runway due to the calibration just being insanely off... im getting so frustrated and i want to play this game so bad!!!

-rick

BSS_Goat
08-31-2005, 05:59 AM
Its not engine torque is it?

rnzoli
08-31-2005, 06:08 AM
Try a mission with Easy settings, that'll turn off the engine torque effect, so you can see if that is causing your troubles.

Kuna15
08-31-2005, 06:14 AM
TBH mate I'm using EVO for a few months now and I can say to you that you can forget about calibrating that thing. It autocalibrates itself http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. Much like newer type of X-45 (yes got that one too).

Just start up the game and play. That's all you have to do with EVO... what you have experienced is engine torque (you can turn that off in difficulty settings). You will notice how every plane tends to slowly "roll" to one side -- that is torque produced by it's running propeller. Nothing to do with joystick input. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If you want to check the input go to that calibration screen within game - if you leave stick in natural position red and green dot should be in center and one dot exactly over other dot.

Tully__
08-31-2005, 06:38 AM
First, move your stick to both extremes for all axes then check in Windows Game Controllers properties again. If it's still messed up, follow the advice suggested in the link provided above:

Q1: I'm running Windows XP and I find that my evo 'drifts' in-game, despite my having calibrated the stick correctly in Control Panel. How do I stop this?

A1: Calibration isn't actually necessary with the Cyborg evo. If you're finding that the stick seems uncalibrated then simply rotate the handle in a full circle and this should 'remind' the PC of the stick's calibration.

If you find that the stick still seems to 'drift' then try downloading the latest driver for the stick from the downloads page. (http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/down/drivers.htm)

If the stick still drifts then try the following:

Unplug the controller, click Start>Run, type

regedit

and click OK. In the Registry Editor browse to the following folders in order:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
MediaProperties
PrivateProperties
DirectInput

And delete the VID_06A3&PID_0464 folder. Plug the controller back in, rotate and twist the stick fully a couple of times and see if that has fixed it.

If that doesn't fix it, contact Saitek or visit the Saitek forums and ask there.

crashmaster4000
08-31-2005, 09:39 AM
I've owned three Evo's now and every one has done this same exact thing at one time or another. One lasted two weeks before it went crazy, another lasted nearly a year... I've contacted saitek about this issue to no avail. I've also tried the registry edit and downloading new drivers, also to no avail. IMO time to find a new brand..

rbmerc
08-31-2005, 09:57 AM
i guarantee it is not engine torque, the stick is just downright effed... if it is anywhere near the middle hwen i fly i can sometimes take off, but most of the time, it is totally off and it is totally impossible to fly... **** IT. lol im soooo frustrated i just bought this i dont want to have to return it... what would be another joystick recomendation for under $30 or 40?

-rick