PDA

View Full Version : does this technique make sense or is it a waste of e?

raaaid
05-05-2009, 08:46 AM
when i boom in a 190 most times i cut completely the trotle 1 second before firing

on this way its easier to aim, maybe no torque

is this correct or theres no diference aiming with throttle 100% or 0%?

raaaid
05-05-2009, 08:46 AM
when i boom in a 190 most times i cut completely the trotle 1 second before firing

is this correct or theres no diference aiming with throttle 100% or 0%?

DKoor
05-05-2009, 11:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by raaaid:

is this correct or theres no diference aiming with throttle 100% or 0%? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>IMHO you aren't doing the best thing you can in such situation... you want your gun platform as stable as possible, and if you cut throttle back 1 second before firing you will have an effect, same as if you apply power before firing (which is even worse).

I tend not to twist stick much and not to abuse throttle either before firing, regardless of what throttle setting I am.

However I must agree with you it should be easier (more stable) without power, and you shouldn't lose much energy that way if you run your aircraft in dive for 5-10 seconds (but also, depending on aircraft, this effect shouldn't be too radical 100% thrott vs 0% thrott providing that you fly at speed, which you are considering teh dive).
If you hit it was worth it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

Col.BBQ
05-05-2009, 12:07 PM
I usually ****** the throttle when diving on a bandit in order to control my speed because the plane doesn't fly itself.

jamesblonde1979
05-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Makes sense to me, so long as you don't get fixated on the target and leave the power off for too long.