PDA

View Full Version : Multi CPU and Multi GPU support in SoW: BoB

Aymar_Mauri
03-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Will BoB natively benefit and be optimized for multiprocessor CPU's like Athlon X2? And what is the news regarding multi GPU (SLI and Crossfire) support and optimization?

If there was optimization for both, the number of planes, quality of graphics and ability to improve AI would grow dramatically. Any news regarding this?

Aymar_Mauri
03-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Will BoB natively benefit and be optimized for multiprocessor CPU's like Athlon X2? And what is the news regarding multi GPU (SLI and Crossfire) support and optimization?

If there was optimization for both, the number of planes, quality of graphics and ability to improve AI would grow dramatically. Any news regarding this?

Aymar_Mauri
03-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Well, it seems this should have been posted in the ORR.

Can any mod move it there?

Thanks in advance...

Capt.LoneRanger
03-12-2006, 05:46 PM
This is more a question of your operating system and drivers, than a question of the game you want to play.

And with the very vague information we got about BoB so far, I doubt they'll even be able to answer your questions.

Wair for this years E3. Maybe we will get some info then.

Aymar_Mauri
03-12-2006, 05:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt.LoneRanger:
This is more a question of your operating system and drivers, than a question of the game you want to play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not really. It is in regard to multitasking, but not in regard to a single aplication. This one has to be programed from the start to benefit from CPU multiprocessing. Therefore my question.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt.LoneRanger:
And with the very vague information we got about BoB so far, I doubt they'll even be able to answer your questions.

Wait for this years E3. Maybe we will get some info then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, still some months to go... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

WWSensei
03-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Aymar is correct, the game must be coded for it, or more accurately at least compiled for it. Intel always has, and continues to be VERY supportive of programmers in this respect. They will give you the compiler to take advantage of multi-core chips and even theold HT technology.

I can only assume the AMD guys will do they same for their newer technology. They have to if they want their technology to compete. In the past they haven't been the most responsive to software developers.

Capt.LoneRanger
03-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Multi-Processing, yes, but not the graphics-issue.

LEXX_Luthor
03-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Agree with Sensai. Oleg posted that Intel talks to him, but AMD does not.

Aymar_Mauri
03-12-2006, 07:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWSensei:
Aymar is correct, the game must be coded for it, or more accurately at least compiled for it. Intel always has, and continues to be VERY supportive of programmers in this respect. They will give you the compiler to take advantage of multi-core chips and even theold HT technology. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Seems we're safe from the Intel front.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWSensei:
I can only assume the AMD guys will do they same for their newer technology. They have to if they want their technology to compete. In the past they haven't been the most responsive to software developers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree. Let's hope so.

Multi-Processing, yes, but not the graphics-issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Correct. For the GPUs it isn't so restrictive. IIRC, specially using AFR (alternate frame rendering).

Agree with Sensei. Oleg posted that Intel talks to him, but AMD does not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Damn. This is very bad news for me since I own a mobo that can be upgraded to Athlon X2 easily... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif