PDA

View Full Version : ****NEED PATCH V4.02M RELEASE NOTES****

Estocade85
10-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Regardless of appreciations and/or dislikes for the new patch, can we at least have a complete and detailed release note explaining the changes you've made to the game? Answers to "What/Where/When/Why/How much/What plane" modifications were applied are desperatly needed. The readme included with the patch simply doesn't cut it.

This would:
1- Shed some light to the community as to the reasons of the modifications. Thus ending non constructive and pointless speculations and/or flame wars.

2- Stop the placebo effect bullsh*t so that you can concentrate more on real feedback for your hard work.

It's all in your favor guys, so why not do it? You can't make me believe that you modified so much in a game without keeping detailed notes of what was accomplished...That would be unprofessional indeed.

Thanks

Estocade85
10-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Regardless of appreciations and/or dislikes for the new patch, can we at least have a complete and detailed release note explaining the changes you've made to the game? Answers to "What/Where/When/Why/How much/What plane" modifications were applied are desperatly needed. The readme included with the patch simply doesn't cut it.

This would:
1- Shed some light to the community as to the reasons of the modifications. Thus ending non constructive and pointless speculations and/or flame wars.

2- Stop the placebo effect bullsh*t so that you can concentrate more on real feedback for your hard work.

It's all in your favor guys, so why not do it? You can't make me believe that you modified so much in a game without keeping detailed notes of what was accomplished...That would be unprofessional indeed.

Thanks

ImpStarDuece
10-20-2005, 03:02 AM
Problem 1. Oleg and team cope enough whining about "when, when" without having to translate a DETAILED readme into 11 different languages, which, IIRC, is the number of game languages.

Problem 2. It might not be as simple as you think. Suppose that the FM alteration was something like "adjusted specific value X*2/4 for roll rate" or "altered the co-efficient values related to AoA for all cantilever monoplanes". Doesn't really tell us much. The FM is physics based, some things just work better in equations.

Estocade85
10-20-2005, 05:57 AM
Well, at this point I personaly think the time invested in translating the release notes into 2 or 3 "main" languages would pay for itself (see first post). In all cases, the Russian one is, I'm sure, done so even releasing that one and having it translated by a couple of community members would be one simple way to do it.

Regarding detailed physics alteration, that's what we want. In order to know if important game aspects have been change for better/or worse, we need this kind of data (preferably with the ones of patch v4.01) like "SpitVIII rollrate=0.895 changed to 0.987". Be it equations or other complex physics properties, but not just "FM changed in some planes".

Also, in every discussion about flight modeling, physics, armement behavior etc, opinions are for the most part subjective of personal experiences. On the other hand, the person that puts and end to it with facts are the one that take the time to do mathematical experiments with detailed calculations and programs. Those people need those complex infos to keep their research up-to-date and ease their task of giving hard proofs (the hardest we can get anyway) to the community.

IMHO http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

F19_Ob
10-20-2005, 06:15 AM
Why does Oleg have to do everything himself?
I bet that many russian Fans would help him translating if he asked.

I think there is a lot of simpler things that the community would and could do if asked.
If Oleg asked for new skins I'm sure he would get plenty for for no charge as a thank u for his dedication for this sim and his customers.

Well what I think http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif